Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 11:34   #316
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Next-gen 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
It resembles the interior of a car which costs almost 3 times more! How is this a bad thing???
Actually its not bad for the 120, its bad for that car costing 3 times more
Some sort of decency should be maintained while copying elements from elsewhere.
Old 5th August 2014, 11:43   #317
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics and details:

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2015hyundaielitei20spottedheadlight.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2015hyundaielitei20spottedrearac.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2015hyundaielitei20spottedwheel1024x766.jpg

Quote:
The i20 in these images is the top-end Asta trim powered by a petrol engine (it could be the 1.2- or 1.4-liter motor). On the outside, the top-end trim will get 195/55 R16 alloy wheels with a diamond finish as seen in these images. However, LED daytime running lights are not seen in the new generation model.

Inside, the instrument cluster gets a new multi-information display which also doubles up as an interface for the driver to adjust vehicle settings such as auto door lock.

Sitting in between the front seats is a center armrest, underneath which space is available for storage of small items. One of the images also confirms the presence of a rear AC vent, and this will be a proper AC vent, and not merely a blower, our reader reports.
Source: IAB

I suppose that the third scroll switch on the steering wheel is for toggling the MID settings. Also, 16 incher wheels sounds really nice!

Last edited by _raVan_ : 5th August 2014 at 11:46.
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:08   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Reporting Live: The Elite i20 will come in 10 variants - 5 petrol and 5 diesel. They are:-
1.2 Era P,
1.2 Magna P,
1.2 Sportz P,
1.2 Sportz (O) P,
1.2 Asta P,
1.4 Era D,
1.4 Magna D,
1.4 Sportz D,
1.4 Sportz (O) D, and
1.4 Asta (D).

Color shades confirmed are - Polar White, Sleek Silver, Red Passion, Pristine Blue & Star Dust.

Will get pricing details and some more info by evening.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:36   #319
BHPian

What happened to brakes? Hyundai is famous for providing discs all around in their cars. The wheel shown in one of the above posted pictures looks like a rear wheel having drums.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:42   #320
BHPian

1.4 Petrol seem to be missing here. Also no mention about automatic.

I'm waiting for information on the kind of autobox in the new i20. If it's going to have a six speed box just as the new russian verna, I will book one tomorrow itself. If a four speed box, I will have to reconsider .
Old 5th August 2014, 12:47   #321
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
What happened to brakes? Hyundai is famous for providing discs all around in their cars. The wheel shown in one of the above posted pictures looks like a rear wheel having drums.
The 1.2 Kappa petrol always came with the normal setup of discs at the front and drums at the rear. Only the ABS equipped variants of the 1.4 CRDi diesel and the 1.4 Gamma petrol (Auto) came with discs at the rear too. I think this would hold true for the new generation car as well.

The car in the picture is a 1.2 VTVT as can be seen from the site carrying those images. So no surprises on this one.

The real surprise is the missing LED DRLs. I hope Hyundai include these very soon, just like they did with the i-gen i20 (which initially came without them, but sported them after a couple of months). Inverted L shaped LED DRLs above the fog lamps (like on the new European i10) would be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
1.4 Petrol seem to be missing here. Also no mention about automatic.

I'm waiting for information on the kind of autobox in the new i20.
I think we'll get neither a 1.4 petrol nor an automatic gearbox on the Elite i20, at least in the near future.

Last edited by RSR : 5th August 2014 at 12:55.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:53   #322
Team-BHP Support

What? No automatic variant? That's a huge disappointment. Hyundai has always provided automatic versions of all their cars except the Eon.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 5th August 2014, 12:53   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Attachment 1270428
However, LED daytime running lights are not seen in the new generation model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The real surprise is the missing LED DRLs.
Isn't this the DRL?
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2015hyundaielitei20spottedheadlight.jpg

Last edited by zenren : 5th August 2014 at 12:55.
Old 5th August 2014, 13:08   #324
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Isn't this the DRL?
I could be wrong, but that just doesn't look like a DRL to me. It's way too flat (narrow). I think it's only a metallic insert to enhance the looks (or less likely, provide some assistance in preventing the scattering of the headlamp beam).

P.S.: The headlamps do have some strange detailing, even making them appear like double-barrel units from some angles. But I think it's only a single barrel unit.

If true, the Elite i20's single barrel headlamps, missing LED DRLs and absence of a rear fog lamp are a step backward on the illumination front when compared to the facelifted i-gen i20. Hyundai must include at least the DRLs and rear fog lamp soon, as its very easy to do so.

Last edited by RSR : 5th August 2014 at 13:18.
Old 5th August 2014, 13:19   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I could be wrong, but that just doesn't look like a DRL to me. It's way too flat and narrow. I think it's only a metallic insert to enhance the looks (or less likely, provide some assistance in preventing the scattering of the headlamp beam).
I was thinking of something like in this Ecosport:
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-img20130915wa0004.jpg

Source:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3237779
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 13:32   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I suppose they will be providing discs all around for the 1.4 D Asta (or even Sportz) like the outgoing i20 model.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 5th August 2014 at 13:35.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 13:44   #327
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I was thinking of something like in this Ecosport:
I only wish they were like the ones on those EcoSports! Those DRLs have uniform width, even if they're a bit narrow. On the i20, the width isn't uniform at all, and it's quite flat at the bottom. This is what makes me believe they're just metal inserts.

Kudos to that BHPian (ecosport rules)! His modifications are fabulous and look classy!

Last edited by RSR : 5th August 2014 at 13:47.
Old 5th August 2014, 16:32   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Another spy shot of the interiors of Hyundai Elite i20
This is blasphemous. A beige top? This will create a hell lot of refelction.
Also, the left side of the dash looks so blunt. The driver side looks amazing though. The only grunt which I have is the left hand side start-stop button. I prefer it on the right hand side. It is more logical to have it on the right side. The key hole usually resides on the right and we are more used to starting our cars with our right hand. Ain't that right ???
Old 5th August 2014, 17:06   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
This is blasphemous. A beige top? This will create a hell lot of refelction.
I don't think the entire top portion of the dashboard is beige. If you look closely, the part that might cause a reflection which is close to the windscreen is black.

Quote:
Also, the left side of the dash looks so blunt.
Well, you cant put any buttons or a screen on the passenger side dash, can you?

Quote:
The only grunt which I have is the left hand side start-stop button. I prefer it on the right hand side. It is more logical to have it on the right side. The key hole usually resides on the right and we are more used to starting our cars with our right hand. Ain't that right ???
Most of the cars in India which feature a Start/Stop button, have them on the left side. For example the i10 Grand, Verna, City, Fiesta, Ecosport etc. I think the new Swift will have it on the right side of the steering wheel.
Old 5th August 2014, 17:18   #330
Senior - BHPian

After famous fluidic theme on the exterior Hyundai is following beige fall model for interior design it seems. That dash board top looks pathetic! and overall this car has no character.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks