Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 22:00   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
In Delhi, the waiting period for Sportz (O) & Asta Trims in Diesel Option is 4 weeks and in Petrol 6 weeks.
I have always found it amazing that within 48 hours of a car's launch, you get to hear waiting periods of 4-6-8 weeks on some variants. The Indian market is not so huge & car companies capacities not so small that you have waiting periods within a few hours of a car's launch. I lived for some years abroad and even car's like the GTI never have waiting periods there. Even volume player's like Civic's, Camry's have their new model launches and are available for discounts within a few weeks.

Last edited by amit : 14th August 2014 at 22:02.
Old 15th August 2014, 09:20   #497
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

I saw the new Elite i20 in flesh yesterday evening. It looked really fabulous in the sparkling white shade. I felt as if Hyundai had chopped off all the curves on the previous model to give the Elite an arrow-like shape. However, I felt that in terms of road presence, previous i20 was better.

But kudos to Hyundai for cracking the design department and ruling it. Hyundai has been consistently delivering fresh and stunning designs always. They still have to work on the mechanics and dynamics of their cars, but their stunning designs do 90% of the work of attracting large number of customers anyways.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 11:32   #498
BHPian

Saw the new i20 yesterday while it was on a test drive. It seems to look bigger and also a lot better than the previous model. I loved the looks
Old 15th August 2014, 16:21   #499
BHPian

Took a short test drive yesterday. Have to say interiors are a good 2 generations ahead of of previous i20 in the way they have been put together.

Previous i20 had a, for lack of a better word, bulbous dashboard. This is more modern, layered and busy looking dashboard. Works for me, old school folks, not old fashioned, may not be too impressed. Everything feels just that more durable and 'tighter'.

Slightly disappointing part was no instantaneous fuel consumption readout, if even it has mostly show value. But otherwise, digital display has a lot of options.

As far as exteriors go, I am sold on white color. That black C-panel looks cheap on close inspection but otherwise goes well with white color.

I am going to say this, at the cost of leaving a scalded cat in the Polo fan club crowd, VW needs to took a long hard look at their strategy. 'Well-built' and 'German Engineering' isn't going to cut it any more. Hyundai has almost caught up in that feel-good factor that VW generally markets in it's cars. And with your beige trousers on, you'll invariably end up buying the i20.

Alright, where's my cheque book?
needmorebhp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 22:36   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Took a short test drive yesterday. Have to say interiors are a good 2 generations ahead of of previous i20 in the way they have been put together.

As far as exteriors go, I am sold on white color. That black C-panel looks cheap on close inspection but otherwise goes well with white color.

Alright, where's my cheque book?
+1. Well said. I did test drive today immediate after the test drive of Punto Evo. I20's best driving position, back seat comfort, interior quality and superb NVH are those over Punto made me to go with I20 (though I impressed with exterior look, ride and handling of Punto). I am booking new I20 tomorrow.
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 07:51   #501
BANNED

Guys which variant should I buy sports or sports(o)
Also kindly suggest colour as well

Last edited by scarlet.fever : 16th August 2014 at 07:52.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:05   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Guys which variant should I buy sports or sports(o)
Also kindly suggest colour as well
Honestly i feel the confusion in your case should be between the Sportz and the Asta variants. I see no point for anyone to opt for the Sportz (O) as its only about 20-22k cheaper than the top end Asta which has a Passenger Airbag, Supervision Cluster, Better Rear Seats with Height Adjustable Headrests, 60:40 Split Rear Seats, Rear Wiper with Washer (which imho is a very very useful feature to have in a hatch). To me the above features are easily worth the small premium of 20k one pays for the Asta over the Sportz (O). The Asta also gets Auto Headlamps and a Second 12v Outlet, but thats something that i couldn't car less for

The difference in price between the Sportz and Asta though is a significant 70k. Hence i guess you could compare the two and take a call. I personally feel the Sportz is the most VFM variant in the i20 Lineup as it gets most of the important bells and whistles along with safety features like ABS and A Driver Airbag.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 17:08   #503
BHPian

I have booked Asta Silver 1.4 CRDI. Fingers crossed

I went for the top end mainly for the dual airbags. Agree with the above post that it makes sense to go for Asta, instead of Sportz (o). Wish there was a sunroof and DRL in the top end, though.
Old 16th August 2014, 17:28   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post

I went for the top end mainly for the dual airbags. Agree with the above post that it makes sense to go for Asta, instead of Sportz (o). Wish there was a sunroof and DRL in the top end, though.
Couple of questions if you don't mind:

What is the OTR price of the top end diesel in Chennai?

I assume you have been able to test drive the car before booking, how does the diesel engine perform - does it have noticeable turbo lag like on the older car, or has it been tuned for better city driving like the 1.1 on the i10 Grand?

Last edited by chncar : 16th August 2014 at 17:32.
Old 16th August 2014, 22:27   #505
BHPian

Quote:

Will you mind sharing booking amount?
Old 16th August 2014, 22:50   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Will you mind sharing booking amount?
I believe its Rs.10000 in South India.
Old 16th August 2014, 23:48   #507
BHPian

Booked the Sportz petrol i20 today. The interiors are much better than anything else offered in the segment. The booking amount was 10k. Expected delivery 15-20th September. Dealer Hyundai motor plaza Delhi.
Old 17th August 2014, 02:05   #508
BHPian

Quote:

That's nice see many opting for safety in India now. I too went for the Asta CRDi due to the safety part and rear wash wipers 6 months back.

I just can't understand why would Hyundai reduce features like day time running LED, auto wipers, Sunroof, smart key access on both doors(elite i20 has only on driver side), foldable front arm rest and the most important one rear disc brakes. Hyundai should be leading from the front with respect to safety features and comfort features.

Even in the Grand i10 automatic there is no ABS available even as an option. Strange indeed.
Old 17th August 2014, 02:07   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Booked the Sportz petrol i20 today. The interiors are much better than anything else offered in the segment. The booking amount was 10k. Expected delivery 15-20th September. Dealer Hyundai motor plaza Delhi.
Congrats on your booking. Which color have you opted for?
Old 17th August 2014, 07:32   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
Congrats on your booking. Which color have you opted for?
I opted for white although I also liked the red so will confirm in a couple of days. The ex showroom price was 5.93L and on road 6.47L due to the lower tax on cars costing less than 6 lakhs. Was comparing the car with the ecosport(already booked) and found the interiors to be much better. For my in city usage (have the fortuner for inter city runs) could not justify paying extra for it. It will be my first hyundai have only experienced Japanese brands and Ford till now. Hopefully it's a pleasant experience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks