Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:06   #586
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Thanks guys. And have fun tomorrow, Bubby.

The vehicle is a looker. Got many head turns on the way back home after delivery.

And driving home a new car after delivery is a Nerve wracking experience always :P

I took nearly 2 hours to negotiate traffic for 30 odd km and bring the car to a temple near my home.
Congrats Raghav and advance wishes to Bubby.

As I booked last weekend, I am only getting mine from second slot during mid of Oct'14 as per sales person. Wait is killing.

@Raghav, what is the final amount with break-up? Did you opt for full insurance? Did they say anything about price hike next week/month?
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:51   #587
BHPian

On road price was around 9. I had opted for bumper to bumper insurance, which came to around 31k.

Didn't hear about any price rise from dealer.

Will check and post the full breakup tomorrow.
Raghav_K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:07   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Took a very short TD of the Elite i20 Asta CRDi (top end) and I am impressed. I would NOT call the dashboard color beige, but it's more of a light chocolate color. It's NO shade of yellow.

I am 6'2" and after adjusting the front seat to my comfort, I got back in the rear seat. My knees didn't hit the front seat and I had around 3-4 cms gap. It's definitely NOT as spacious as a Zest but definitely NOT cramped by any standards since it could easily accommodate two 6'2" inch guys (in the front and back) without hitting the knees. Had an unexpected "brake hard and turn quick & tight" scenario and the car felt composed and in control. Was quite happy with it as I was expecting some nervousness.

The problem of "cramped" feeling is amplified because of the seat fabric color + less airy cabin. I was standing inside the showroom and would just NOT believe myself that the space was good. It's pretty dark at the rear. The slightly protruding rear ac vents doesn't help either.

• Gorgeous design - the car looks so much better in person.
  • Stunning engine - power is great, less turbo lag and peppy acceleration
  • Great NVH levels and silent cabin.
  • Short gearstick & throws.
  • Silent and absorptive suspension.
  • Doors are heavy (compared to Grand i10)
  • High quality interiors.
  • Driver arm rest
  • The seat belts cavity (on B-pillar) has a slight rotation enabled and would adjust itself with the movement of the belt while wearing - simple features that makes you feel sooooooooo special!
Dislikes:
  • Steering - extremely light at slow speeds, gains weight on speed, but still NOT enough.
  • Less airy interiors - adds to the feeling of "cramped"
  • I felt that the gear lever was placed one point backwards than I would like. Had to adjust my hand every time I had to shift the gears.
  • Average under thigh support. (But then am 6'2" as well. )
Had a look at Grand i10 as well after this. Grand i10 simply does NOT feel as premium as Elite i20! It (Grand i10) has a better sense of space (due to better windows(?) and a taller seating posture and a slightly more scooped (back) front seat; but the space is as much as the Grand i20. i20 IS wider though. The doors feel so tinny comparatively. The dashboard colors are pretty much the same.

Frankly, Grand i10 failed to evoke any "feelings" after the Elite i20 experience. Personally, I would any day pick an i20 for the extra bucks than a Grand i10 (from among the both). The car (Elite i20) distinctively "feels" a lot premium than the Zest too (except for the space on offer and probably the Harmon Kardon sound system - I could NOT test the i20 sound system).

Edit:: That steering is the single fly in the ointment for Elite i20. I could NOT convince myself on owning the car because of that. Else, this would have been a good upgrade from my Swift D.

Edit 2:: Chennai Price

Asta CRDi 1.4 (Top End) :: 7,80,534 (Ex Show) + 26,283 (Insurance) + 88,000 (RT) = 8,94,816 (OTR)

Asta (Petrol) 1.2L :: 6,58,401 (Ex Show) + 22,431 (Insurance) + 75,800 (RT) = 7,56,631(OTR)

Waiting period of 2 months for Elite i20 and 2 weeks for Grand i10.

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th August 2014 at 17:21. Reason: As requested
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 13:30   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Went to the nearby showroom for a short drive of the Elite i20 on outer ring road and I have come back very very impressed.
I could only drive the 1.2L petrol as they didn't have the diesel for test drive yet. The NVH levels are even lower than the older i20. It pulls easily at low speeds and is quite peppy. The engine doesn't like to be revved hard but it is possible to push it. Taking speed breakers in second gear wasn't a problem. The refinement and smoothness at regular speeds was really amazing.
Hi Vid6639

Your flash review is as fantastic as regular ones... guess you have got Argus eye.

I however can confirm one thing about the 1.2L vtvt Petrol (or whatever the nomenclature is), that it is capable to drive with full load. My brother bought one in Feb-14 & in May-14 we visited Noida Extension (where we have bought a flat) from Faridabad. There were 5 grown-ups in the car plus my 10 month old (then) daughter. With AC set to 22 it climbed 2 flyovers easily at 70+ speeds... all this in 45 degrees heat around.

It's no lightweight like the Swift, but despite the size & weight, the motor didn't struggle on roads. I'm sure it is adequate for most, except an enthusiast who drives fast. But, for such drivers 1.4L Diesel is there in the Elite i20.

Light Steering is a bane for many, but, I found it acceptable as I have bouts of cervical pain (not everybody has F1 drivers sort of fitness levels), where lightness of steering helps.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 00:37   #590
BHPian

Booked a magna for 6.48 on road in mumbai, they are asking about 22k for 0 dep insurance, should i scout for insurance by myself or just stick with the the dealer?!
bigblackshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:29   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
Booked a magna for 6.48 on road in mumbai, they are asking about 22k for 0 dep insurance, should i scout for insurance by myself or just stick with the the dealer?!
If you want to save money, you should! Be ready to fight it out with them as most will try all ways NOT to let you have it from a vendor. Too much margin for the dealers to ignore.
Old 25th August 2014, 10:37   #592
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats!

You need to read this --> http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/no-cl...nce-premiums-0
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-buy-new-car-india-0

To help you get going, think what all you can do with that spare money to spruce up your ride

Last edited by vinjosep : 25th August 2014 at 10:58.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:47   #593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Insurance definitely from outside, or ask your dealer to match their qoutes.

That said - would request you to book the Sportz version if possible. There is only a 50k difference between the Magna and Sportz versions, but the difference in safety features (Driver airbag + ABS) itself is worth much more than the initial amount spent.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 16:37   #594
BHPian

Thanks guys,

they sure are cribbing when i told them i will get my insurance from outside, they actually came up with first insurance has to be with us, when i said please give that to me in writing they came back with its ok sir please send us an email regarding the same and we will get it approved from our manager. So for now they have kept it open.

The waiting period is 4-5 weeks though :( so it looks like a long wait for now!!
Old 25th August 2014, 17:34   #595
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white on the road and I am sorry to say, the car does not have much presence. The previous i20, though flamboyant, had a personality, this one absolutely not. Even the much vaunted tail lamps look okay in person. I would go as far to say that I prefer Swift's styling to this. I think Maruti should launched the updated Swift with more equipments ASAP.
Old 25th August 2014, 23:33   #596
BHPian

Booked mine*. White Asta Diesel. Getting insurance on my own. On road will be approx 9.3. Waiting period of 2 months [sigh]. Took another test drive. mechanically and dynamically a lot has improved but steering still suffers from tensile dysfunction and loss of rear disc brake may not affect braking but sure as hell feels spongy in brake pedal feel .

*Conditions apply Diesel wasn't available for test drive so waiting for test drive and official team-bhp review.
Old 25th August 2014, 23:51   #597
Team-BHP Support

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @...

What is the turning radius for the new Elite i20?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th August 2014 at 23:54.
Old 26th August 2014, 13:49   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
5.4m IIRC. I had taken a U-turn while driving and the SA had mentioned the turning radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
...Diesel wasn't available for test drive so waiting for test drive and official team-bhp review.
Am sure another dealer will have a diesel for TD. While taking inputs from the official review is completely fine, please make sure you drive the diesel for yourself.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th August 2014 at 13:53.
Old 26th August 2014, 14:07   #599
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Am sure another dealer will have a diesel for TD. While taking inputs from the official review is completely fine, please make sure you drive the diesel for yourself.
Oh yea, no question about that. That's why I said 'conditions apply'. Apparently Advaith Hyundai doesn't have Diesel TD vehicle at their ORR(Bangalore) outlet. So they wanted to me be driven to one on Bannerghatta Road. But they mentioned that they will be getting Diesel one in ORR as well so might as well wait.

Official review is for finer details that we tend to miss in excitement of booking the car.
needmorebhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 15:42   #600
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The turning radius is 5.2 meters.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks