Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2014, 14:15   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
I am opting for insurance outside. The car delivery date is 5th Sep. Please suggest good insurance company (mainly tied up with Hyundai service). How can I approach insurance?
You can opt for Icici Lombard or Hdfc ergo, not sure about the formalities.
Old 29th August 2014, 16:09   #617
BANNED

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Saw one new i20 on road. Rear looks better than the previous one, but the front lost all attractions and road presence of the earlier one.
Old 29th August 2014, 16:51   #618
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
You can opt for Icici Lombard or Hdfc ergo, not sure about the formalities.
Got the online quotation from HDFC ergo for Rs.23.6K (dealer is quoting around 31K for Asta Diesel). Saving is around 7K.

Here is the simple procedure:
Once the dealer get the RTO formalities and registration number, on the same day we can finish the online insurance (you need to feed the registration number, VIN and registration/invoice date) for our new car by paying online and get the insurance detail printed or via mail. Then you are free to drive it from showroom after dealer formalities.
Old 30th August 2014, 00:01   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the simple procedure:
Once the dealer get the RTO formalities and registration number, on the same day we can finish the online insurance (you need to feed the registration number, VIN and registration/invoice date) for our new car by paying online and get the insurance detail printed or via mail. Then you are free to drive it from showroom after dealer formalities.
AFAIK, insurance should be purchased BEFORE the vehicle goes for registration. You can then add the vehicle registration number to the policy by providing the insurance company with a copy of your RC. This is through my experience, when I purchased my i20 during September 2011.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 06:40   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
AFAIK, insurance should be purchased BEFORE the vehicle goes for registration. You can then add the vehicle registration number to the policy by providing the insurance company with a copy of your RC. This is through my experience, when I purchased my i20 during September 2011.
+1,

I think so too. Insurance is needed for RTO registration.
Old 30th August 2014, 10:19   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. One more doubt.

If vehicle is going for registration tomorrow, can I get the insurance today for my car with VIN detail and date from tomorrow? In online it is not possible as it is asking registration number as mandatory field. In this case, should I get the insurance only from company directly?
Old 30th August 2014, 11:00   #622
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If vehicle is going for registration tomorrow, can I get the insurance today for my car with VIN detail and date from tomorrow? In online it is not possible as it is asking registration number as mandatory field. In this case, should I get the insurance only from company directly?
vijayk, I would recommend getting the insurance done from outside, if the cost benefit turns out to be substantial. Dealer insurance quotes generally have a huge mark up. You can purchase it online in a few simple steps. As other members have mentioned, insurance is indeed essential for RTO registration.

I don't know why the insurer's website is asking you for the vehicle registration number for a brand new car. Which insurance service provider's site was that?

As an example, I have posted a screenshot of one insurance provider. If you choose the option "Get quote for a new car insurance", it does NOT ask you for a vehicle registration number on the next page. It only asks you to provide the date of registration and other details like VIN etc. (I'm in no way connected with Bajaj Allianz, and I'm not recommending it here). I'm only using their site as an example here, for it should be quite similar with other providers:

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-image.jpg

Last edited by RSR : 30th August 2014 at 11:05.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:15   #623
BHPian

For others looking only for detail about i20, sorry for this OT

Here is the HDFC ergo page. First arrow points to new car, second one pointing to the mandatory field and third arrow points to the future date I am not able to select. I am locked now to get the insurance before registration. Since HDFC ergo is having tie up with Hyundai service, I wanted to go. And I am getting around 8K less for B2B comparing Hyundai showroom's insurance quote.

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-untitled.jpg
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:29   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. One more doubt.

You should know the date on which the vehicle will go to the RTO for registration. It is okay if the car goes for registration after the date you mention in the insurance policy, but not before it. You need to get the chassis and engine number from the dealer. I hope you have seen the car in person and done a PDI. If not, do look up the great PDI checklist in this site.

I got my insurance from Royal Sundaram. They gave me the cheapest rate for a bumper to bumper policy with full invoice cover. Do give that a shot. You can call their call center and ask for further discounts.
y2ksrs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:36   #625
Senior - BHPian

Went to the Hyundai showroom last evening to check out the i20 Elite. We went in our old Getz just to be able to compare the i20 and my wife absolutely rejected it. She uses the back seat the most as the car is driven by a driver.

After a brief but lame argument, i'd to give in. It really did feel very busy at front and not a big upgrade in terms of space from Getz. There isn't the same amount of space in the doors and the rear ac vent doesn't allow for a cup / bottle holder at the rear. In fact the rear also felt claustrophobic due to the high shoulder line as compared to the Getz. And the rear ac vent cuts into the 5th passenger space and the leg room is not a significant improvement over the Getz. The boot was huge for a hatch back but the car as a whole just didn't click. And the fact that you can't get the I20 with airbags minus the rear ac vents, she wouldn't even give it a chance.

So now the wait for Ciaz, Vento-upgrade begins.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:41   #626
BHPian

Quote:
You should know the date on which the vehicle will go to the RTO for registration. It is okay if the car goes for registration after the date you mention in the insurance policy, but not before it. You need to get the chassis and engine number from the dealer. I hope you have seen the car in person and done a PDI. If not, do look up the great PDI checklist in this site.

I got my insurance from Royal Sundaram. They gave me the cheapest rate for a bumper to bumper policy with full invoice cover. Do give that a shot. You can call their call center and ask for further discounts.
Thank you.

I got my VIN detail for Elite i20. As per my current schedule, doing PDI on 3rd Sep and car is going for registration on 5th Sep. With your detail, I hope I should take online insurance on 4th Sep with same date for the next day registration. I will also check ICICI lombard (hyundai is having tie up with this too).

Checked online the ICICI lombard. It is accepting the future date as registration date for new car (HDFC ergo is not accepting it). It is good for ICICI (refer the snap shot below). But it is not listing Elite i20 when online HDFC ergo is listing both old i20 and new Elite i20. Raised request online to ICICI to include the Elite i20 in their list.

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-untitled2.jpg

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Posts merged. Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT button within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th August 2014 at 21:06.
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 19:54   #627
i10
BHPian

I saw the white one on the road today and boy it looks amazing from the rear. I later happened to see a Merc A180, which though similar, didn't look as inspiring. The side profile of the Elite i20 also looked good, but I am not sure I was able to notice any difference from the front - may also be because I was driving myself/
i10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 03:11   #628
Senior - BHPian

What a stunning hatchback, this i20 Elite! I reckon Hyundai has set the benchmark at least on the design front. I would buy one in a flash just for the way it looks! It pulls the right chords in me and that said, it's a shame they've lost the DRLs now. Would've looked uber-cool with them! The rear is the best bit of the lot and it cheekily reminisces Maseratis and Alfa Romeos (read Alfa Romeo 166) of yore. Overall, a great package signed off by a cracking design.

Looks like Hyundai are so pleased with the i20's rear looks that they've used it on the all new Kia Sorento. I'm sure Peter Schreyer had a hand on the i20 Elite. Job well done.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-kiasorento_2015_800x600_wallpaper_09.jpg  

swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 23:04   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Went to the Hyundai showroom last evening to check out the i20 Elite. We went in our old Getz just to be able to compare the i20 and my wife absolutely rejected it. She uses the back seat the most as the car is driven by a driver.

After a brief but lame argument, i'd to give in. It really did feel very busy at front and not a big upgrade in terms of space from Getz. There isn't the same amount of space in the doors and the rear ac vent doesn't allow for a cup / bottle holder at the rear. In fact the rear also felt claustrophobic due to the high shoulder line as compared to the Getz. And the rear ac vent cuts into the 5th passenger space and the leg room is not a significant improvement over the Getz. The boot was huge for a hatch back but the car as a whole just didn't click. And the fact that you can't get the I20 with airbags minus the rear ac vents, she wouldn't even give it a chance.

So now the wait for Ciaz, Vento-upgrade begins.
OT: If legroom is a priority for you, check out the Nissan Sunny! Acres of legroom.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 23:51   #630
Team-BHP Support

Checked out the Elite i20 yesterday. Neat package and looks better in real than as suggested by the pics.

However, the rear was a bit claustrophobic. Haven't had this heavy feeling ever since the first generation swift. Anyone else felt the same?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed