Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 09:25   #166
BHPian

Since it has been mentioned that the existing i20 will continue even when grand i20 comes, what price can one expect for 'older' model especially AT version ? Currently I believe the top end i20 AT costs upward of 9 lakh in Mumbai OTR.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 24th July 2014, 09:38   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Next-gen 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Since it has been mentioned that the existing i20 will continue even when grand i20 comes, what price can one expect for 'older' model especially AT version ? Currently I believe the top end i20 AT costs upward of 9 lakh in Mumbai OTR.
They will most probably withdraw some variants ( high end)of the current i20 which will be likely filled in by the base varaint of the Grand i20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 08:26   #168
BHPian

Spotted new i20 test mule on kalindi kunj flyover and it was going towards greater noida . I was able to click some snaps , hope i am correct its the new i20 .
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-20140725_071119.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-20140725_071350.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-20140725_071428.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-20140725_071330.jpg  

Safari_Beast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 10:33   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Does look like the new i20. Surprised to see a DL registration plate!
Old 26th July 2014, 10:16   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

The guys over at Rushlane report via an exclusive scoop that the all-new Hyundai i20 will be launched on 15th August, 2014!

Quote:
Source mentioned that price of next gen Hyundai i20 diesel top end would be priced between Rs. 9 and Rs. 10 lakhs, and petrol option would also be more expensive than outgoing variants.

SOURCE - RushLane
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 09:36   #171
BHPian

Watched the following video of next gen i20. The styling matches with the spied pics IMO.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2014 at 11:36. Reason: Fixing video embed
Old 28th July 2014, 10:22   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The guys over at Rushlane report via an exclusive scoop that the all-new Hyundai i20 will be launched on 15th August, 2014!
There is suddenly a rush to launch facelift between July & August. First we had Polo, next week we have Punto Evo and then week after Grand i20. Definitely exciting time for hatchback buyers.

Next year between Jan to Mar we will have Jazz and Bolt followed by Figo.

In terms of pricing if Hyundai was to launch Grand i20 at a premium then both Volkswagen and Fiat will be happy. You will suddenly have 3 price bands to choose your car from:

Band 1: Swift, Grand i10, Figo & Bolt
Band 2: Polo & Punto Evo
Band 3: Grand i20 & Jazz

This is assuming Fiat does not launch Punto Evo at a higher price and pegs it closer to Polo.
Old 28th July 2014, 13:12   #173
Senior - BHPian

What's this Grand i20 news floating around now? How are Hyundai going to have the i20, Grand i20 and Xcent selling together? There seems to be too much crowding of similar hyundai model's. I am guessing some variants of Xcent & Grand i20 will overlap each other price wise so where will i20 be placed? If they go too high with Grand i20's premium positioning they will reach Verna base/mid levels. If they have i20 at lower end then it may overlap price wise with Grand i10 higher variants. Seems like we maybe heading for some Grand confusion soon. The way Hyundai is going with the Grand moniker, the maker's of Grand Masti may file a case against them!
Old 28th July 2014, 14:31   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What's this Grand i20 news floating around now? How are Hyundai going to have the i20, Grand i20 and Xcent selling together? There seems to be too much crowding of similar hyundai model's. I am guessing some variants of Xcent & Grand i20 will overlap each other price wise so where will i20 be placed? If they go too high with Grand i20's premium positioning they will reach Verna base/mid levels. If they have i20 at lower end then it may overlap price wise with Grand i10 higher variants. Seems like we maybe heading for some Grand confusion soon. The way Hyundai is going with the Grand moniker, the maker's of Grand Masti may file a case against them!
Hyundai will rename the current I20 to grand I20
Old 28th July 2014, 16:52   #175
BHPian

Quote:
What's this Grand i20 news floating around now? How are Hyundai going to have the i20, Grand i20 and Xcent selling together? There seems to be too much crowding of similar hyundai model's. I am guessing some variants of Xcent & Grand i20 will overlap each other price wise so where will i20 be placed? If they go too high with Grand i20's premium positioning they will reach Verna base/mid levels. If they have i20 at lower end then it may overlap price wise with Grand i10 higher variants. Seems like we maybe heading for some Grand confusion soon.
Its confusion for sure, not for Hyundai but for its customers. You see, it doesn't cost Hyundai an extra dime to manufacture these cars because of the platforms, parts and engine sharing. And, it also doesn't matter if one car eats up the sales of another in its own stable. As long as the customer stays and buys within the Hyundai range, its a win-win for Hyundai all the way. This is one strategy which Maruti and Bajaj have applied all these years and has worked for them.

Quote:
The way Hyundai is going with the Grand moniker, the maker's of Grand Masti may file a case against them!
I hate the 'Grand' moniker. While it suits as a prefix for the Punto, not so much for the i10 and now the i20!!!
Old 29th July 2014, 14:49   #176
Senior - BHPian

Got some better pictures of the new i20 from a birdie.

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2014-i20-front-full.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2014-i20-rear-full.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2014-i20-side-full.jpg

Don't have any other details.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2014 at 21:05. Reason: Updating pics. Thanks!
deetjohn is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 15:02   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

[
Wow. That is awesome.

First real close-up of the car. Maybe a world exclusive.

Well, on the looks front I see a lot of cars going for similar looking "swept" headlamps with Punto Evo and newly launched Ka having a similar design.

Similarly, the black C pillar is something which it will share with Bolt

The rear looks better, another nice looking backside after Grand i10.

Overall, a clean look which is not gonna offend anyone. No unnecessary creases unlike some other Hyundais. But there is nothing to excite you out of your chair as well.

But then i20 has always been a please-all car, and this is expected to continue the tradition.
vivekz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 16:23   #178
BHPian

Quote:

Don't have any other details.

This look much better than the previous model. The black grill on the front looks really cool. Tail lights I guess will come with LED's and they would look real good. Also this shade is sporty enough. I see a trend with all the manufactures moving to a more sporty and vibrant paint options. Can your birdie send us some more paint options and interior shots?

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2014 at 20:40. Reason: Shortening quote.
Old 29th July 2014, 16:23   #179
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is one yummy, super delicious scoop - three scoops actually! Thank you for sharing!

The styling, in keeping with Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 philosophy, has certainly been toned down and appears understated and elegant, as opposed to the wildly free-flowing original Fluidic Sculpture, which I personally prefer.

I have mixed feelings about the car itself. The good bits being the proportionate styling and those gorgeous tail/brake lamps that take some inspiration from the latest generation Genesis sedan:

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-image.jpg

Then, despite this not being the top variant (no alloys, no rear wash-wipe), it still gets parking sensors, front fog lamps, parcel tray, ORVM mounted side LED indicators and height adjustable neck restraints at both the front and rear. And thankfully, there is no cost-cutting rubbish visible - the windshield and roof get proper rubber beading(s) around/on them.

The not-so-good bits - there is only a single, bumper-mounted reverse lamp placed low, and that too on the driver's side with the other side having a mere reflector. This is not good at all. There must be two reverse lamps, or one fog lamp and one reverse lamp at the very least. The bumper seems to protrude out only a little, and much less than I would like - this is clearly the India-spec version which has been shortened a bit, in order to duck under the 4m mark. Then, the head-lamp seems to be a single barrel unit, which is a step down from the double barrel unit found on the current i20 (facelifted version). And the LED DRLs are nowhere to be seen, unless they happen to be the top bands on the headlamp clusters (which seems unlikely).

I don't know if the top variants will get these features (rear fog lamp and LED DRLs). Hyundai should not skimp on these useful features, or indeed others such as reverse camera with electro-chromic mirror, driver armrest, dead pedal, split folding rear seats, rear disc brakes, electrically retractable mirrors, keyless entry with push button start, auto-locking doors, rear A/C vents etc. They can do away with the sunroof, but they should continue to offer 6 airbags as optional. It would be good to have ESC and cruise-control as well.

Last edited by RSR : 29th July 2014 at 16:27.
RSR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 16:26   #180
Senior - BHPian

Looks good to me! I would like to see the interiors since that is one area where Hyundai has made great strides in. Also, the new Sonata and now this, seems like Hyundai is junking it's fluidic designs for more mature 'European' ones. Of course, that is a BIG plus if they doing that .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks