Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 10:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Nissan Evalia production stopped temporarily. EDIT : Revamped version launched

I spotted a white Evalia modded (by Motormind, I think) and it looked really hot with wide tyres & alloys, black vinyl wraps on selected spots and maybe a bodykit as well.

Was in heavy traffic so could not confirm not take snaps.

Net net, amazing transformation!
Old 11th June 2013, 11:45   #17
BHPian

re: Nissan Evalia production stopped temporarily. EDIT : Revamped version launched

I traveled in an Evalia from Delhi to Agra and back in Dec last year. We were 4 adults and 4 kids + driver.

There are several flaws in the vehicle. For one the second row - it is the most uncomfortable row to sit in - especially if you are at the edges. Three adults just cannot sit in the second row since the seat ends many inches away from the door. I had the door to my right and my right side started to ache in less than an hour's drive because it wasn't getting any seat support whatsoever. In fact, I sat in the third row when we came back and that was much, much more comfortable. Secondly each time the driver hit the brakes I literally felt I was going to fly off the second row seat and the only thing that kept me from falling was the driver's seat in the front!

The second row door with fixed window glasses is definitely an absurd design as well.

If they can make the second row more normal - figure out a way to get the seats to go all the way to the door and get the window fixed, that by itself will make the vehicle more sellable in the market.
ananth_iy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 11:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

This thing is ugly, which is the primary negative. Nissan would have been better of if they focussed on cars that could generate volumes or create a better brand image. A badge engineering of the Fluence or the Nissan badged Duster with 4WD would have helped better than this Tempo Traveller look alike. An MPV should be stylish, this one should not have been launched.
Old 12th June 2013, 09:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Evalia ad in today's newspaper but it is the old model. Surprisingly, no discounts or offers too. Looks like they are in no hurry to clear off the stock.

They should be having enough stock already to sell for another 2-3 months at the current sales numbers. So the temporary stoppage in production was inevitable even if they didn't have facelift in the pipeline.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Why to waste time & money on this? Its already a flop product, people has negative mindset about it. So why waste your energy here?? Better get new model. It may give better returns for the company. Doing small modifications only they are not going to sell this car in thousands of numbers. May be they can achieve is 500 max. So better stay away from it and accept that its a BIG FLOP
Old 12th June 2013, 15:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
I traveled in an Evalia from Delhi to Agra and back in Dec last year. We were 4 adults and 4 kids + driver.

There are several flaws in the vehicle. For one the second row - it is the most uncomfortable row to sit in - especially if you are at the edges.
Would your experience have been as bad if you were wearing seatbelts? From your post that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Would your experience have been as bad if you were wearing seatbelts? From your post that doesn't seem to be the case.
The seatbelt could sure have held me to my seat - true. But how? When half my body (my right side) did not even have a seat to plant itself on?
Old 17th June 2013, 11:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
The seatbelt could sure have held me to my seat - true. But how? When half my body (my right side) did not even have a seat to plant itself on?
That's odd. I didn't spend much time on the evalia's rear seat. Normally the seat belts constrain one to be within the edges of the seat - if that does not hold true, god save nissan!
Old 27th June 2013, 23:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this, ACI says new Evalia coming by Diwali, that's super late I feel. OR maybe they are taking some time to clear the stocks off. Evalia doesnt get exported like Micra isnt it?

anyway, source here from ACI twitter SCOOP! #Nissan to revamp #Evalia >> http://ow.ly/mrNgZ

Secondly, just read at some international sites, the Evalia's crash test rating is only three stars! that sounds not good for sure. Surprisingly, its going to soon replace the NYC Taxi. Strange how the Americans accepted such a medicore score vehicle. Or maybe they get a better version?
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 06:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Secondly, just read at some international sites, the Evalia's crash test rating is only three stars! that sounds not good for sure. Surprisingly, its going to soon replace the NYC Taxi. Strange how the Americans accepted such a medicore score vehicle. Or maybe they get a better version?
Actually, I did a 160km round trip sitting in the last seat of an Evalia like vehicle in Malaysia. Pretty comfortable all through, actually. They are quite popular in KL. Surprised that it's only got 3 stars for safety!!
Old 28th June 2013, 11:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Just came across this, ACI says new Evalia coming by Diwali, that's super late I feel. OR maybe they are taking some time to clear the stocks off. Evalia doesnt get exported like Micra isnt it?

anyway, source here from ACI twitter SCOOP! #Nissan to revamp #Evalia >> http://ow.ly/mrNgZ

Here is the link to ACI's report on the revamp of the dud from Nissan's stable:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/348...mp-evalia.aspx

They plan to give Captain Seat as an option, alongwith better fabrics & cushioning in the middle seats. The plastic quality will be improved & there could be extra equipment inside.

One of the biggest grudge, the fly type middle windows will make way for sliding type windows (like the one in Omni I guess). I hope the fly type windows are provide for the third row at least.

As per ACI, there could be come changes on the outside as well, which could include new bumpers & lights.

Lastly, Ashok Leyland is also likely to incorporate these raft of changes in its rebadged version of Evalia, the Stile.
Old 20th July 2013, 12:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Details on the new features that the upgraded Nissan Evalia could sport

Link to News Section

In the next few months, Nissan India will launch an upgraded version of its slow selling Evalia MPV. The upgraded version of the MPV could add features hitherto missing in the current version. Most feature additions to the Evalia will be based on the feedback that customer clinics and buyers have delivered to the Japanese car maker. At the recent unveiling of the Ashok Leyland Stile (a badge engineered version of the Evalia), Team-BHP moderator Ajmat, spotted interesting features on the MPV.

Nissan Evalia production stopped temporarily. EDIT : Revamped version launched-ashok-leyland-stile-4.jpg

Note: All images in this report (Ashok Leyland Stile) are representative in nature, and have been used to give the reader an overview on what to expect in the upgraded Nissan Evalia.

Nissan Evalia production stopped temporarily. EDIT : Revamped version launched-ashok-leyland-stile-1.jpg

Given the fact that the Stile will be positioned below the Evalia in terms of pricing and target segmentation, there is a strong possibility that the features seen on the Stile will be adopted onto the Evalia. Also, the rumour mill suggests that the upgraded Evalia would be launched before the Stile, a move to underscore the new set of features on the Nissan product. Based on the imagery that Team-BHP has captured at the Stile's unveil event, here's a round up of the new features that the upgraded Evalia could come with,
  • Slide type windows for the middle row
  • Captain seats for the middle row
  • Floor mounted AC blower for the middle row
  • Conventional glove box on the dashboard

Nissan Evalia production stopped temporarily. EDIT : Revamped version launched-ashok-leyland-stile-2.jpg

Nissan Evalia production stopped temporarily. EDIT : Revamped version launched-ashok-leyland-stile-3.jpg

The Evalia is sold with a 1.5 liter K9K turbo diesel engine that outputs 85 Bhp-200 Nm. This engine is mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox that drives the front wheels of the MPV. The same set up will be retained on the upgraded version of the Evalia. Nissan has sold less than 2,000 units of the Evalia in India, in almost a year of the MPV being sold here. Known as the NV200 internationally, the MPV has proven to be a success for the brand in global markets. With the upgraded model, the Japanese automaker will hope to turn around the fortunes of the Evalia in the Indian car market.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 20th July 2013 at 13:06. Reason: News Link Added
Old 20th July 2013, 13:30   #28
BHPian

Having 2 innovas in the family, I was seriously considering replacing the older one with an Evalia. However, when I checked out the car, I felt it just cant compete with the innova. The seats felt smaller and childlike with no thigh support, the interiors were dull and finally the ride quality didnt inspire confidence on the highway as the innova does. The van like looks dont help its cause too. So it was back to the toyota showroom for another overpriced innova.
Old 14th October 2013, 18:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

As per IAB, revamped Evalia will be unveiled tomorrow. More details here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/n...acelift-100715

The updated/ upgraded features include:
1. Rear washer & wiper on top variant;
2. 15" tyres & alloys on top variant (the one on their websit are 14");
3. 2nd row window opening (it doesn't enthuse me though);
4. Roor mounted rear AC blowers; &
5. 2nd row captain seats.

Price hike of Rs.30k (approx) is expected.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 14th October 2013 at 18:46.
Old 14th October 2013, 19:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per IAB, revamped Evalia will be unveiled tomorrow. More details here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/n...acelift-100715

The updated/ upgraded features include:
1. Rear washer & wiper on top variant;
2. 15" tyres & alloys on top variant (the one on their websit are 14");
3. 2nd row window opening (it doesn't enthuse me though);
4. Roor mounted rear AC blowers; &
5. 2nd row captain seats.

Price hike of Rs.30k (approx) is expected.
1. Earlier realized the best, as honda did in brio.

5. Captain seats in AL Stile are better, they're even provided with foldable armrests & Nissan lost that opportunity.

IMO, AL has extracted out the best combination out of Evalia with good looks, feature list viz price.
Nissan lost by a huge margin by lagging in looks, features & VFM quotient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks