Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 09:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift Rendered

Link to News Section

Kicking off the discussion on the Tata Indica Vista facelift for 2014, here's an exclusive Team-BHP render. This thread may be used to list out the expectations for the 2014 Indica Vista and the directions BHPians will want Tata Motors to take in terms of design, quality, and fit and finish levels for revamped cars.

Tata Motors is moving towards a new direction when it comes to design. We saw this happen with the Safari Storme, when the smiley Tata grille was ditched for a more aggressive stance. In line with the new design direction, the facelifted 2013 Tata Nano is expected to get a new front bumper and the facelifted Indigo eCS, due for a launch on the 19th of June, will also get a tweaked front end. While all these vehicles represent minor changes in design, the real big move from Tata Motors in terms of adopting a new design direction could come with the facelifted Tata Indica Vista, a car due for a possible 2014 Indian Auto Expo unveil.

2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift Rendered-tata-vista-hatchback-facelift-2014.jpg

The 2014 Tata Indica Vista facelift promises to be a comprehensive one, one in which the older design makes way for an all new look. Inspired by the design of the Indigo Manza Hybrid showcased at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo, the 2014 Indica Vista promises to break new ground when it comes to looks of a Tata car. The car's aggressive lines will eventually be adopted onto other Tata cars, thus replacing the smiling front end with a sharper, more aggressive look. The revamped 2014 Indica Vista could add a dash of excitement into Tata Motors' car range, which has been saddled with products that have become dated when compared to what the competition has to offer.

Team-BHP's sources have confirmed that work on the 2014 Vista revamp has already begun. Team-BHP's ace rendering artist Antler Road has come up with a speculative render depicting the 2014 Vista Facelift. The render shows a sharper front end for the 2014 Indica Vista, replete with projector headlamps that have a smoked finish, a new front bumper with raked lines and a new grille that has been borrowed from the Manza Hybrid Concept. Once the 2014 Indica Vista facelift gets the new style treatment, the Indigo Manza is expected to follow suit. Tata Motors is said to be working on improving quality all around and the changes should begin to show up in a few months from now.

Cars from Tata Motors don't just suffer from a image problem due to many of Tata's cars pressed into duty as taxicabs across India but also suffer from niggles that may be attributed to shoddy workmanship or poor quality parts. With Mr Karl Slym at the helm, quality is said to be a major focus at Tata Motors and eventually better quality and processes could improve the overall desirability of Tata cars. The car maker is expected to begin the major refresh exercise with the 2014 Indica Vista and eventually, Tata Motors' entire car range will get a total revamp. Until then, minor refreshes such as the 2013 Nano and the Indigo eCS facelift are expected to keep the numbers ticking for the Indian car and utility vehicle major.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 12th June 2013 at 09:17. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 09:36   #2
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift Rendered

Superb Render

My wish list:

Some of this is already present in some variants, but least they loose those in future.
LED DLR's
LED Tail Lights
SatNav Touchscreen with reverse camera- the Parking sensors should also be present if possible.
Tilt and Reach Adjust Steering.
Steering mounted controls.
Arm Rests for both rows.
1L Bottle Holders in all 4 doors.
6+ Speaker Music System
Diesel and Petrol power range to start from 90 BHP.
A sport version with larger Alloys.
Instrumentation in front of the driver not in the middle of the dash.
ACC
ABS - All versions.
All 4 wheel Discs version.
Folding side view mirrors.
15 & 16" Alloy versions for lower and higher trim levels (Skip 14")
Power Down Windows. Power Up with anti pinch technology - if possible else no power up.
Sun Roof Option in top model.
Subwoofer Wiring and Space Provision in Top model - to not risk voiding the warranty.
Auto Light and Auto Rain sensors.
Euro Style Light Switch.
Top variant with 6 Airbags.
Top variant to take on the i20 & Swift with better specs and pricing and the base one the i10 and Brio again with better pricing and specs.
AT - 5/6 Speed. (No DSG pls)
A lot more inspired rear bumper design.
Pricing from 5L-8L Ex showroom for different variants.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 11:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

I don't see anything great here. Still they have almost the same look as currently has. It has still typical Indica look. Also Tata needs to get rid of the Indica name along with its look, then only they can expect a success. Indica name is always associated with the Cab / Taxi. So get some new name, get completely new design, then only they will have long time successor. Tata needs to look for long term future now, & not a short term.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

IMO they should work on the Manza EV looks for the 2014 Manza before launching the Vista in this look (derived from the same). The Manza has better market standing & the modern & fresh styling can definitely bring few numbers on board, which can also help Vista.

It seems TML are playing too safe (defensive could be the correct term) rather than being bit aggressive, which I feel will definitely pay dividends.
Old 12th June 2013, 12:30   #5
BHPian

Seems this model also retains the tail lamp, change the X'mas tree from the rear and add a diffuser.
MilesAndSmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 12:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Tata - please redesign the boot and release more space. This is a weak point of the otherwise spacious Vista. Other asks from a Vista owner ( apart from the usual asks for better interior plastic quality/fit and finish )

1) Lighter steering
2) improve turning radius
3) lighter clutch
4) smoother gear shifts
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 12:41   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Though the render is based on the Manza hybrid;

2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift Rendered-tatamanzadieselelectrichybridconcept1.jpg

Which was showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo;

2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift Rendered-manzahybridfront600x450.jpg

IMO TATA needs to work on better interiors, fit & finish of the car & majorly re-badge the car to a new name to make it more premium & keep selling the Indica brand which is now famous in the taxi, call centre ferry segment

Last edited by karan561 : 12th June 2013 at 12:44.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 12:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift Rendered

if the render is what the facelift will look like, i just have one question for TML

"Why bother?"
Old 12th June 2013, 13:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Though the render is based on the Manza hybrid;

Which was showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo;
That's why! That render, especially the front looks too professional to be true.
AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 13:06   #10
BHPian

1. A smaller, chunkier steering wheel. For sure.

2. Some more colour options. The way the Vista is designed, it carries funky colours pretty well. Prime example is the Papaya Orange shade that is on offer on the current gen Vista.

3. Better design for the alloy wheels.
Old 12th June 2013, 13:37   #11
BHPian

Being one of the 1st India Vista owner and also a Tata Motors scapegoat I have only one wish for the 2014 Vista - RELIABILITY coupled with proper fit and finish.
Honestly I loved & still continue to love the Vista and respect it for the odes of space it provides. I had great expectations from the D90 and I even took a test drive of the same. The car was a million times quieter than my car, suspension was also beefed up and the over all ride quality improved. However the T DNA was evident in quite a few places. The rear door would refuse to shut unless there was a hard push, the front bumper fitting ensured that it would not last more than 2 years. Worst still was that when I closed the hood the chrome strip simply fell off.
Forget the DLR's and arm rests and all, 1st things 1st - they need a super strict QC department coupled with a no compromise on quality motto. Gimme that & I absolutely dont mind plonking my money on the Vista...Again
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 13:49   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I don't see anything great here. Still they have almost the same look as currently has. It has still typical Indica look. Also Tata needs to get rid of the Indica name along with its look, then only they can expect a success. Indica name is always associated with the Cab / Taxi. So get some new name, get completely new design, then only they will have long time successor. Tata needs to look for long term future now, & not a short term.
Totally agree with Aniketi. Its high time that Tata should look beyond the realms of the Indica, both as the name and the platform...and please no more Christmas tree lights arrangement at the rear. They have milked the same old design for quite some time now and moreover, most of their vehicles feature the Indica type look. Even the Aria.

Quality control is another issue that Tata must focus on.

BTW, really liked the hybrid Manza's front look. However, the side profile, esp. near the rear needs to be worked upon a bit.
Old 12th June 2013, 14:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

This has been showcased in 2012 autoexpo. That itself looked like just a facelift then. And now Tata needs time till 2014 to change the front grill !! Apart from that I dont see any changes.

Coming to some people complaining TATA interiors, as of today, Vista and Manza interiors are much better than any of the offerings of other global big shots like Honda/Toyota etc.

But what is lacking is consistency and niggles are there everywhere. Now can Tata completely get rid of that ? I strongly feel there far too many bench warmers out there in Tata motors management. Some heads need to start rolling fast !!!
Old 12th June 2013, 14:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

IMO, Unless the Indica loses the ROUND shape, no bells & whistles will do any kind of magic on the sales front. And yes, it needs a different nomenclature - the Indica name goes straight to the taxi stands.

The car has been ROUND ever since the 1st generation was launched, to me, it is a very boring (read = uninteresting) design.

Why not get someone in the design team who can draw straight lines instead of curves? Won't that look a little better.
Old 12th June 2013, 14:28   #15
BHPian

Why doesn't anyone ask for a new car? It might be time to retire the Indica design vehicles altogether and move towards a fresh new design philosophy and a totally new car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks