Team-BHP - Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/137644-team-bhp-scoops-2014-tata-indica-vista-facelift.html)

Link to News Section

Days ago, Team-BHP's ace rendering artist Antler Road delivered a speculative rendering depicting the 2014 Tata Indica Vista facelift, due for a possible launch at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo. Today, we've brought to you a spyshot of the car just about to hit the testing circuit. This is the first ever spyshot of the Indica Vista facelift and with the spyshot, we have managed to glean crucial details of the car including the changes that the final product is expected to bring to the table.

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-tata-vista-hatchback-facelift-2014.jpg

As detailed before, the 2014 Vista will be a major refresh for Tata Motors in terms of the design direction the automaker will take in the coming years. From the unmistakable smiley face we're so used to on Tata cars, major refreshes from Tata Motors will henceforth feature much more sharper stylistic jobs with the smile giving way to an aggressive snout of sorts. The 2014 Indica Vista will derive inspiration from the Tata Manza Hybrid that was showcased at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo.

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-tata-indica-vista-2014-faceliftspy-pic.jpg

While the spyshot doesn't offer too many clues when it comes to the new design of the 2014 Vista Facelift, Team-BHP's crack team of spy photographers have taken the good old touch and feel approach to know what's underneath all that camouflage. Reconstructing the touch and feel experience to actual details, here's what the 2014 Vista Facelift is expected to feature,

For now, these are the details of the 2014 Tata Indica Vista we've managed to put together. Details of the engines and transmissions is something that Team-BHP is trying to find out more about. The 2014 Indica Vista is also expected to get upgraded interiors and a few additional creature comforts thrown in for good measure.

How i wish they launch the Vista as it looks from the spy shot. It will be a refreshing change from the current looks which have remained same ever since TATA had the idea of Indica.

Also Did i read new tail lamps ? WOW. That alone should make this car of the year and TATA will keep that design for next decade or so.

OK jokes apart, i am sincerely hoping TATA motors can pull something magical here, so that one day i can proudly buy an indian engineered car.

People are talking about change, and the lazy folks over at Tata Motors think some contemporary nips and tucks to an ageing body shell will show them the way forward. Even the ORVMs look the same. I don't think this is going to generate any significant interest whatsoever when the initial hype dies down. Bleh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 3148458)
Details of the engines and transmissions is something that Team-BHP is trying to find out more about.

Will the 90 HP version of CR4 be on offer?

I agree - the spy shot looks impressive - though not entirely clear, it does indicate that there are changes that may appeal the individual buyer. The tail lamps are something that Tata should bin for now and come up with something that is more futuristic. The current set is seen on all hatch backs from tata (indica, indigo, vista and even the Aria). I sincerely wish this works well for the Tatas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 3148474)

I dont care if it has a 90hp version or not.

A facelift in a Vista is like doing a plastic surgery to a person to a person who in coma for years. It would be better to pull the plug.

It is high time they move out of the Indica zone and try something new. Like the Aria. Working on the ARIA would be commendable. Increasing the Value proposition, introduction a lower end variant or may be designing a SUV from the platform would be money well spent.

But Indica facelift. I am not not interested.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxyzen (Post 3148488)
Like the Aria. Working on the ARIA would be commendable. Increasing the Value proposition, introduction a lower end variant or may be designing a SUV from the platform would be money well spent.

Tata has already done all three.

Quote:

A facelift in a Vista is like doing a plastic surgery to a person to a person who in coma for years. It would be better to pull the plug.

Why? It still contributes to the highest selling of all Tata models today.

Quote:

Agree. Yesterday I got a ride in an Indica eV2 LX, with the CR4 engine. The engine sounds good outside, fairly quiet and refined. Pulls really well too, even though it had already done over 82k Kms. Putting that in the Vista even in a better or higher tune will reduce costs from royalty paid to Fiat, and we will hopefully get a peppy car at an even lower price. They can retain the Fiat engines if they like, but I think the CR4 engine is ready.

Quote:

The 90 Bhp diesel engine that Tata currently has is the 1.3 Liter Fiat Multijet with VGT (used on Vista D90 and Manza)

So, a 90 PS state of tune for 1.4 Liter CR4 motor is something we'll have to wait and watch out for. We'll get more info eventually.

Even the 3 Liter CR4 motor used on the Sumo outputs only 80 Bhp (but 250 Nm).

Cheers,

Jay

Quote:

But Indica facelift. I am not not interested.:deadhorse

Was talking to a Tata Motors owned Concorde dealership the other day. The guys there said that the Indica range is keeping dealerships alive.

Cheers,

Jay

Any changes to the side profile? I feel the metal portion of the doors are too high to give a proper hatch appearance. Maybe some creases or shoulders would look better. I suppose sheet metal changes would be expensive.

Give AWDplease: as an option on the 90 HP engine and this could start a new trend in the market.

A car that's got enough space and GC for a family of four to do K2K

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 3148538)
The 90 Bhp diesel engine that Tata currently has is the 1.3 Liter Fiat Multijet with VGT (used on Vista D90 and Manza)

So, a 90 PS state of tune for 1.4 Liter CR4 motor is something we'll have to wait and watch out for. We'll get more info eventually.

Even the 3 Liter CR4 motor used on the Sumo outputs only 80 Bhp (but 250 Nm).

Cheers,

Jay

The CR4 engine in Indica / Indigo is already with a VGT. They will have bring in major changes in the engine to deliver 90 BHP. Not an easy task when the facelift is just round the corner. If they can bring the facelift around Diwali - they might get better sales for accounting in this FY.

Looks good otherwise.clap:

The basic shape of the Indica has been around for too long now. I am sure there's a numbers game behind why they keep doing facelifts, but what this Tata range needs right now is a fresh design, and not just repeated plastic surgery jobs. I find it very surprising that Tata hasn't been able to convincingly crack the non-Taxi/commercial market code with its Indica iterations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 3148552)
Any changes to the side profile? I feel the metal portion of the doors are too high to give a proper hatch appearance. Maybe some creases or shoulders would look better. I suppose sheet metal changes would be expensive.

+1. There are not enough creases on the Tata range of products. The bonnet looks bubbled and so do the doors. The new Innova looks lot better after they introduced those creases on the bonnet. It would definitely change the looks of the car. I hope someone from tata is reading this entire post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 3148635)
The CR4 engine in Indica / Indigo is already with a VGT. They will have bring in major changes in the engine to deliver 90 BHP. Not an easy task when the facelift is just round the corner. If they can bring the facelift around Diwali - they might get better sales for accounting in this FY.

Looks good otherwise.clap:

But a 90 HP version of the CR4 does exist. It has been used both in eV2 and the Vista. Search the net for sightings! It is said that the current gearbox used in eV2 prevents usage of higher HP version; nothing wrong with the engine per se.

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 3148727)
But a 90 HP version of the CR4 does exist. It has been used both in eV2 and the Vista. Search the net for sightings! It is said that the current gearbox used in eV2 prevents usage of higher HP version; nothing wrong with the engine per se.

But weren't the spyshots referring to the 1.3 Liter VGT equipped Multijet motor?

I'm yet to come across such a 90 PS motor on a CR4. I will ask around anyway and get back.

Cheers,

Jay