Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 15:43   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Why I said 1500 is that it is already under production, adding a VGT should up the power to about 125-130 bhp. Also, the same may be used in the Jazz Mk.II
Just so lovely to even see someone type those figures. I hope that 'maybe' comes true & that the Jazz comes with a diesel sporting 125bhp and I can buy it with my eyes closed, interiors be damned.

Even 125 to 130bhp on the diesel City could see me buy it, but I'd much rather prefer the hot hatch. I hope one of them comes true.
Old 30th October 2013, 09:50   #182
BANNED

See the news item at

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/24896841.cms
sgiitk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 10:59   #183
BHPian

Quote:
I am heartbroken (least to say) looking at the new City! The new design is not even close to the outgoing gone. I was planning to buy one in January 2014. Now, decided against it!!! I wish that the new design fails and the they go back to the popular arrow shot design... But I know the Indian customers are going to be crazy about the diesel mill and it will still succeed!
Old 30th October 2013, 11:05   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogesh View Post
I am heartbroken (least to say) looking at the new City! The new design is not even close to the outgoing gone. I was planning to buy one in January 2014. Now, decided against it!!! I wish that the new design fails and the they go back to the popular arrow shot design... But I know the Indian customers are going to be crazy about the diesel mill and it will still succeed!
I don't think the car in the picture is the new CITY. The name starts with "A".

You can keep your dream oil running for some more time.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 11:11   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
They were planning to bring in 1600 cc, both for petrol as well as Diesel as they want to add that 100 cc extra for the Automatic Climatronic AC.

Meanwhile an update, these are the list of features the car may have extra over the outgoing model in its top-end avatar-
  • Bi-Xenon
  • MID
  • Auto Folding ORVM's
  • Climate Control AC with rear vents
  • CD, USB Player with Bluetooth Integration as well as Micro SD Card reader
  • Digital Console for Speedometer

The reason I say may have is, The current top-end model which is at the plant is with these features, however, knowing Honda India, they may invariably want to strip down on certain features in the car. And the most likely one to be stripped out citing cost issues would be Bi-Xenon.

Also, I don't think, Honda would launch Crider in India with City badging, my reasons being
  1. Crider is not Based on the Jazz Platform, City always was going to be based on the Jazz Platform
  2. Internationally, Crider seats between the Civic and the Accord, so if they launch the car in India at a cheaper cost, they would be in bargain end up damaging the brand "Crider" which is yet to establish itself.

:
I doubt that the entire feature lIst stated above will make it to the new city. For eg, the digital speedometer is something that's been reserved for the civic, even the accord doesn't feature it. The Xenon is also a bit far fetched imho.

But the other features are the bare minimum checkmarks,. seeing that the competition has already got them in their cars for a while.

Honda will look at the D segment at a later stage, now with the octavia and new Altis in 2015, they'll probably get the Civic back in later, so I'm guessing (and hoping) they don't put too much in the City that they couldn't possibly relaunch the Civic later.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:17   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You've seen the car?!?!? Where? Any pics?
Old 30th October 2013, 11:33   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I doubt that the entire feature lIst stated above will make it to the new city. For eg, the digital speedometer is something that's been reserved for the civic, even the accord doesn't feature it. The Xenon is also a bit far fetched imho.

But the other features are the bare minimum checkmarks,. seeing that the competition has already got them in their cars for a while.

Honda will look at the D segment at a later stage, now with the octavia and new Altis in 2015, they'll probably get the Civic back in later, so I'm guessing (and hoping) they don't put too much in the City that they couldn't possibly relaunch the Civic later.
The digital speedometer has already made its way in to the new Jazz, and considering that, there has being a speculation that the new City may come with it.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:34   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Please share the image of the new City if you have come across it.
The image floating on internet with City in blue color, & a couple standing beside it is a fake one.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:43   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
You've seen the car?!?!? Where? Any pics?
I saw a pic on economic times link that sgiitk posted couple of messages before. They have surprisingly removed the pic and replaced it with the outgoing model now. It was a blue car, with smoked headlamps and resembled like a mix of the old verna and the amaze. It had a horizontal crease on the upper portion of the side body (starts around the front door and ended near the back door. I think there was even a crease starting from around the taillight.
I wasn't impressed by the design. Now I don't know why ET removed / replaced the pic. Searched on the web... No where this pic exists. Damn I didn't save it. I was about to download it and decided against it as I was in a hurry (lesson learned!)
Old 30th October 2013, 11:50   #190
BANNED

@kryogesh; Maybe it was a Photoshop job from somewhere.

Also, the Civic has had a digital speedo for ages. Very nice. I would not like a digital tacho though!
Old 30th October 2013, 12:23   #191

Personally, I would definitely welcome changes to the dashboard (i.e. borrowing upper segment's features and plonking them into something that would get released soon). Today it would be taking the digital speedometer from Civic, who knows tomorrow there wouldn't be any such thing on the dashboard (of City and Civic) but the entire thing be projected on a portion of the windscreen !
Old 30th October 2013, 12:24   #192
BHPian

Quote:
@kryogesh; Maybe it was a Photoshop job from somewhere. Also, the Civic has had a digital speedo for ages. Very nice. I would not like a digital tacho though!
I sincerely hope that it's a Photoshop job. Let's see when they launch. I so desperately want the arrows shot design. Fingers crossed.

@ank.nsit: I did not download the pic on Economic Times. Did not expect it to change! and it wasn't the blue car with a couple standing standing next to it.

@satans_Valet: I hope my dream comes true :-). did you happen to download the pic? I did not notice that it started with an "A", but for sure it wasn't the Amaze.

Last edited by kryogesh : 30th October 2013 at 12:44.
Old 30th October 2013, 13:25   #193
BANNED

I first drove a car with a digital speedo in 1991 - MG Maestro. The Tacho was a bar graph so was still ok.
Old 30th October 2013, 14:46   #194
BHPian

Quote:
@satans_Valet: I hope my dream comes true :-). did you happen to download the pic? I did not notice that it started with an "A", but for sure it wasn't the Amaze.
I couldn't find the pic either. However I saw one on the Unofficial honda site.. But it is a Honda Crider.

http://www.hondacarsindia.in/2013/10...014-india.html

Looks like a crossover between City and Octavia. I don't mind it though.
Old 30th October 2013, 15:02   #195
BHPian

Quote:
I saw a pic on economic times link that sgiitk posted couple of messages before. They have surprisingly removed the pic and replaced it with the outgoing model now.
Just managed to find another article posted today on the next gen City. It states that the new City will be visually similar to the car posted in the pic.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/new-20...-verna-beware/
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks