Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 20:55   #226
BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember the City is far more upmarket that the Amaze which is entry level. So I am sure there will be more damping. The petrol can be easily tuned for about 5-8% more juice. Take the Civic, in India we have 130 bhp while the Europe/US gets 144 bhp. Simply ECU settings. Now that 91RON is standard even with BS-III this is a cinch.
I was referring to the CRV, as qouted by CARDEEP. The links mentions that the diesel CRV gets louder at higher RPMs. So, if a car such as CRV has issues with the NVH levels, then most likely City is going to have the same issues too.

Though I seriously hope that the NVH levels are brought down considerably in the City.
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:53   #227
BHPian

Talked yesterday to my sales rep who sold me my Brio and he has told me that the launch is on Jan 7th or 8th. They are already taking bookings for the new City despite not knowing anything from design, price, spec list and trim levels.

Booking amount is Rs. 51000.00 which gets you priority in delivery. He cited Ford Ecosport and Nissan Terrano story for this trend.

Booking amount will be fully refunded within 10 days of cancellation if you don't like the car when its launched. Plus he said its a global launch and the sales staff has no clue as to the design at all.

I'm guessing they will have a marketing strategy and will start giving teasers when the launch date is nearer.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:09   #228
BANNED

Global launch! I thought the City is an Asia (and other poorer countries) specific car. The global version was the Jazz/ Fit hatch.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:28   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Remember the City is far more upmarket that the Amaze which is entry level. So I am sure there will be more damping. The petrol can be easily tuned for about 5-8% more juice. Take the Civic, in India we have 130 bhp while the Europe/US gets 144 bhp. Simply ECU settings. Now that 91RON is standard even with BS-III this is a cinch.
And the CR-V is more upmarket in UK as compared to Jazz/ Civic, yet they could not mask the vibes & lack of refinement. I am sure we need to wait for another generation of the diesel for the refinement expected from a Honda engine.

Also, the Civic is 132ps in India & was under 140ps in international markets. It is the 2011-present Civic which is rated over 140ps.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:47   #230
BANNED

We must complement Honda for keeping it under wraps so successfully. They also managed with the Brio AT - we all thought it will be the Thai CVT and the Indonesian 5-speed emerged. Also, till unveiled the Amaze Diesel was rumoured to be three pot and not four.
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:12   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Global launch! I thought the City is an Asia (and other poorer countries) specific car. The global version was the Jazz/ Fit hatch.
I am pretty sure by "global" the sales rep probably meant outside India. Even if it is Thailand, Sri Lanka or even Nepal. I'm not even sure if they sell the City in Sri lanka and Nepal.

I am also proud to say that as per my experience with various sales reps in the car industry we team-bhp members are more aware and up to date as to what is happening with each product than the sales rep!!
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:18   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
I am pretty sure by "global" the sales rep probably meant outside India. Even if it is Thailand, Sri Lanka or even Nepal. I'm not even sure if they sell the City in Sri lanka and Nepal.

I am also proud to say that as per my experience with various sales reps in the car industry we team-bhp members are more aware and up to date as to what is happening with each product than the sales rep!!
FYI City is sold in Australia as well, I believe it is a Asia Pacific specific product. Also, the North Americans will deem the car as too small & hatchbacks are more popular in Europe, due to which it is not considered in these markets.
Old 2nd November 2013, 13:15   #233
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
FYI City is sold in Australia as well, I believe it is a Asia Pacific specific product. Also, the North Americans will deem the car as too small & hatchbacks are more popular in Europe, due to which it is not considered in these markets.
Well they do sell Jazz/Fit in North America/Europe/Japan and its a small car.

I believe the city is just meant for SE/ME Asia and Australian market.The city is not sold in Japan.
Old 2nd November 2013, 22:58   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the other countries mentioned on this thread, the City is sold in Mexico, Latin America and South Africa as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
At one time the Jazz was also considered too small for Americans but things changed with the spiraling price of oil. I think I read somewhere that Honda plan to make the next City in Mexico as well. That maybe in preparation for shipping some to the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Well they do sell Jazz/Fit in North America/Europe/Japan and its a small car.

I believe the city is just meant for SE/ME Asia and Australian market.The city is not sold in Japan.
The previous gen City was sold in Japan as the Fit Aria.
StarScream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 08:59   #235
Team-BHP Support

So, what abbreviation would the Team BHP-ians coin this City with? As, we already have ANHC (All New Honda City).

Maybe christen this as, Honda City or City '14, sweet & simple.

Abbreviations aren't encouraged as you guys might be aware
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:33   #236
BHPian

Is this the all New Honda City 2014 which was spotted in Thailand?
Attached Thumbnails
Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-new-honda-city-2014.jpg  

Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-honda-city-2014.jpg  

Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-honda-city-2014-new.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:50   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Nope.

The car in the first two pics is the honda insight if Im not mistaken.

Not sure which car you mean in the third pic, Because the camouflaged car seems to have quite sizeable proportions and I doubt that the City will be so huge.

Last edited by Rokztar : 3rd November 2013 at 12:52. Reason: Added content
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:56   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
The car in first & second photos is not the black one in the third photo, but the Silver one. If one looks at the profile carefully, it has another crease running near the window, which is not there in first & second images.
It appears that they have designed & planned 2 models (or probably) the black one in could be the Civic.
Old 3rd November 2013, 15:15   #239
BANNED

Now that Honda is getting into the Corporal or (now) Sargent stripes on the grill, and not the Lance Corporal only it may be!!
Old 3rd November 2013, 16:32   #240
BHPian

The first two images are of Honda Insight. The third one looks like a test mule. But not sure Honda City can be this much big.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks