Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 20:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I am not sure Honda India has officially announced new City, that too a few times. Can you point me to the official news link for the announcement?
http://wwa.mydigitalfc.com/news/hond...e-segments-065
Old 18th June 2013, 20:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thanks, that seems to refute my argument about Honda not manufacturing new City at all. Though complete lack of test vehicles and the likes means it's still some way off. The news item also says 'planning to launch'.
Old 18th June 2013, 21:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, that seems to refute my argument about Honda not manufacturing new City at all. Though complete lack of test vehicles and the likes means it's still some way off. The news item also says 'planning to launch'.
Knowing Honda mentality for so long in India, they will surely come up with an all new city for sure. All the previous gen city were also selling well but they still went on giving us new generation city

The question is when? Second half of 2014 might be good possibility.
Old 19th June 2013, 07:31   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think we are having a new City, if at all, before end-2014 or 2015. What would Honda achieve by getting a new version other than a suicidal price hike? Won't it be better to try out putting the diesel in the same model with changes in suspension and GC (165 mm has already addressed it to some extent)? I don't expect the diesel to have more BHP output, might have a 250ish torque figure though. And if they launch a new model with diesel in Dec, won't that be too late given the diminishing petrol-diesel gap?
What you mentioned make sense if the City is a car which is sold just in India. This is a car which is quite popular in markets like SE Asia, India, and Australia. Whenever they launch a new City (whether it is end 2013, or 2014), it should come to India as well. It does not make any business sense to keep the old model alive in one country. The case with Civic and Jazz is different. Those are global models and the numbers generated from India were miniscule.

And if they have plans for a diesel City, it will be much easier to make that update with a new model rather than reengineering the existing car to accommodate a diesel engine.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th June 2013 at 07:33.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:37   #20
BHPian

Honda, just like other auto manufacturers revises their models every 5-6 years. The current 5th Gen honda city was launched in 2008 so the next one is definitely due in 2014. Honda may in fact move faster at least by a a quarter since the Koreans are chipping away at their market share.

On a different note, Honda has launched a limited edition Honda City in Malaysia, which comes with satellite navigation among other minor improvements, more here: http://paultan.org/2013/03/15/new-ho...-to-300-units/
Old 24th June 2013, 00:25   #21
BHPian

Well through a reliable sources from company itself Honda is going to launch 2 vehicles in diesel variants by december apart from Jazz. One being City itself the other is very much hopefully civic.
Honda trying to regain its position in the Indian automobile scene.
Lets wait and watch!

Last edited by Honda Monk : 24th June 2013 at 00:36.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 08:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Well through a reliable sources from company itself Honda is going to launch 2 vehicles in diesel variants by december apart from Jazz. One being City itself the other is very much hopefully civic.
Honda trying to regain its position in the Indian automobile scene.
Lets wait and watch!
The other diesel car apart from Jazz And the City will going to be a 7 seater car based on the Jazz platform itself. This was said by someone from Honda itself in Overdrive show I saw yesterday.
Old 24th June 2013, 12:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Except for the Verna none of these other cars can deliver a similar, responsive yet fuel efficient engine in their petrol variants at the moment.
You forgot to add the T-Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I own a 2011 Honda City and the suspension is a grouse (lot of oversteer)
Oversteer

That is meant for RWD cars.

In FWD the only oversteer you can have is lift off oversteer and that too is very rare.
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:13   #24
BHPian

Found this today:

New Honda City at Auto Expo 2014?

Maybe we should expect some test vehicles soon to be spotted. I'm wondering if they are planning to launch the petrol yet (with bumped up power?) since this is sure to have incremental pricing, and that could work only for the diesel - remember we had petrol price hikes again lately!
Old 11th August 2013, 11:44   #25
BHPian

As per hondasacuras.com this is what the all new Honda City could look like. Since its based on Jazz platform, seems someone has Photoshoped it to look like 2014 Jazz.

This is very much possible give that Brio, Amaze and the upcoming MUV all share its front looks with Brio.
Attached Thumbnails
Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-honda-city-2014.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 07:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As per hondasacuras.com this is what the all new Honda City could look like. Since its based on Jazz platform, seems someone has Photoshoped it to look like 2014 Jazz.

This is very much possible give that Brio, Amaze and the upcoming MUV all share its front looks with Brio.
Although the car looks nice in the rendering this seems highly unlikely considering what Honda has done in the past with the Jazz/City model.Unlike other manufacturers they have not simply added a boot to a hatch.Also,Jazz/City are global models where this kind of paste on jobs will not work whereas Brio/Amaze/MPV are India specific models.
I hope Honda doesn't let go of its characteristics and copy the competition by coming out with this kind of a City
Old 12th August 2013, 07:36   #27
BHPian

Don't we all want a 120-130 bhp diesel City? It will definitely smoke the competition.
And the picture in the posts above of the speculative new City seems really good. The low slung front looks different and sporty. I hope they do not overprice it. Hope Honda have learned their lessons from Jazz.
Guess, the diesel ex-shwrm price should be 1.0-1.2 L over the petrol variants?
Old 12th August 2013, 07:51   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
You forgot to add the T-Jet.

Oversteer

That is meant for RWD cars.

In FWD the only oversteer you can have is lift off oversteer and that too is very rare.
Why not? Doesn't oversteer also depend on the wheelbase, traction and weight distribution? Something like Swift DZire (old gen- thin tyres, small wheelbase, big boot) can easily get tail happy when pushed.

I agree with you about the City though. Just don't think it will oversteer at all!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th August 2013 at 07:52.
Old 12th August 2013, 08:40   #29
BHPian

Usually Honda launches happen in the month of December. Since the production capacity is the main problem faced by Honda and the waiting period that troubles most of the prospective buyers, I think Honda wont come up with new launches until its ready to produce sufficient numbers of their new launch.
Old 12th August 2013, 11:00   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Will Honda plan a new Diesel City and a Civic? I am sure that these cars would fare well in the stable. A diesel City sounds like something with great potential to take on Linea, Vento, Rapid etc. It has all the contents: Reliability of the Japanese, reasonable maintenance costs, looks elegant and again with the widening cost of petrol & diesel, its a killer.

Last edited by saket77 : 12th August 2013 at 11:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks