Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2013, 21:23   #241
BHPian

Honda has learnt their lessons in India. There is no point in bringing their best of breed, we afterall will reject it wholeheartedly with single or double digit sale.
The new city with diesel mill will seal their spot as 3rd largest car manufacturer soon. The new city looks good with loads of chrome.. Pun intended!!
I'm sure to see loads of them in our office parking lot soon..
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:17   #242
Senior - BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Breaking news - SVP from twitter -
Siddharth V Patankar ‏@sidpatankar 1m
6th generation Honda City global reveal to be in India on 25th Nov. Diesel variant too! Production/deliveries only post Jan though. SVP
adimicra is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:29   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
6th generation Honda City global reveal to be in India on 25th Nov. Diesel variant too! Production/deliveries only post Jan though. SVP
Good one Adi,

This is going be fun as to see how the car looks and what specifications are being finalized for the car. Hope the 'Chrome' effect is decreased as seen in the pictures a few pages back.

The diesel engine will kill the customer to wait and with the lack of production capacities Honda will have a tough in deciding which car to make! Amaze or City i-DTEC.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 12:05   #244
BHPian

That is an exciting development. Never thought the new Honda City will be unveiled this early. Kudos to Honda for keeping the mules from cameras.
Old 4th November 2013, 13:22   #245
BHPian

Well I always kept saying the new City is already in the plant at gurgoan.
Old 4th November 2013, 13:32   #246
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable. Honda is possibly the first company to manage to able kept their test mules under cover for so long and its just 21 days to the world premiere. Kudos to the team.
We have not even seen a highly camouflaged version anywhere in the world.
Old 4th November 2013, 14:10   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
That coincides with the Tokyo motor Show Nov. 20-Dec. 1. A Business Standard story did cite Jnaneswar Sen as saying it will be shown in Japan end-November. We may actually see pictures a couple of days before the "global launch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Well I always kept saying the new City is already in the plant at gurgoan.
You mean Greater Noida, not Gurgaon.

Last edited by StarScream : 4th November 2013 at 14:13.
Old 4th November 2013, 15:06   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Its clear that the diesel engine would be same as the one on the Amaze. Any info on the petrol engine and the gearbox on the Automatic variant? Will it be the same as in the out going model or can we expect something new?
Old 4th November 2013, 15:32   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Its clear that the diesel engine would be same as the one on the Amaze. Any info on the petrol engine and the gearbox on the Automatic variant?
I expect the Diesel to be a VGT instead of the FGT in the Amaze. Giving about 25% more power. Remember the ubiquitous FIAT 1.3 is 72 bhp in FGT and 90 in VGT. I expect the Honda also to have some headroom in the rpm. AT should be the same or possibly the CVT with fixed points. The CVT will be Thai while the 5-speed is Indonesian.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2013 at 01:14. Reason: Post edited as requested.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 15:59   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post

You mean Greater Noida, not Gurgaon.
Ya actually, I meant Greater Noida and not Gurgoan... But since I posted it via phone, I didn't realize the error as my Phone preselected Gurgoan moment I typed "G"

Thanks, for bringing it to my notice man.
Old 4th November 2013, 16:29   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Just booked the 2014 City by transferring 21,000/- (fully refundable) to the dealer's account through NEFT. The dealer, Shubh Honda, has promised priority in delivery and promptness from their side. Past experience with them has been excellent so I trust them.

I will be gifting my Silver Pegasus to Dad, who loves him so much after his recent drives that he's stopped driving his Ritz completely these days. The Ritz might be going out next year.

Had a long talk with the Honda ASM of my area, who confirmed the launch on November 25th and deliveries starting from January 2014 onwards, and also said that the new City will be bigger, wider and have more sheet metal.

As regards specifics, features and pricing, he's still totally clueless and said Honda haven't officially disclosed anything to anyone yet (or maybe he's feigning ignorance). His assumption from the hushed talks in meetings and rumors inside the company are - the starting price might be from 7.49L onwards, stretching to 12.49L for the top diesel variant. There will again be a Corporate variant on offer but only in petrol, while the diesel lineup might start from EMT onwards, and might be priced from 8.69L onwards. The top variant will get some long-missed features such as ACC, BT-enabled touchscreen system and a few other goodies. As before, twin airbags and ABS will be standard across all variants in the entire range.

I know it's like jumping the gun by going for a booking even before seeing the car in person (I don't advocate the same myself), but I have complete faith in Honda engineering and their management, and the bullet-proof Honda reliability. My Pegasus has been a completely maintenance-proof and niggle-proof car in the past 2 years (touchwood!).

I have a good, excited feeling about this, and I know Honda will not disappoint.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th November 2013 at 16:30.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:49   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I expect the Diesel to be a VGT instead of the FGT in the Amaze. Giving about 25% more power. Remember the ubiquitous FIAT 1.4 is 72 bhp in FGT and 90 in VGT. I expect the Honda also to have some headroom in the rpm. AT should be the same or possibly the CVT with fixed points. The CVT will be Thai while the 5-speed is Indonesian.
Sir

The figures for the MJD are incorrect. The Fiat sourced MJD belts out 75bhp in FGT avtar & 90bhp in VGT (in India). There is 20% hike in output only. Since you have assumed that Honda diesel engine output will increase in same proportion, the output of new City with 1.5L Diesel VGT will be 120bhp IMO, which is very good, keeping in mind the economy & performance on tap in Amaze.

Hope you will agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just booked the 2014 City by transferring 21,000/- (fully refundable) to the dealer's account through NEFT. The dealer, Shubh Honda, has promised priority in delivery and promptness from their side. Past experience with them has been excellent so I trust them.

I will be gifting my Silver Pegasus to Dad, who loves him so much after his recent drives that he's stopped driving his Ritz completely these days. The Ritz might be going out next year.

Had a long talk with the Honda ASM of my area, who confirmed the launch on November 25th and deliveries starting from January 2014 onwards, and also said that the new City will be bigger, wider and have more sheet metal.

As regards specifics, features and pricing, he's still totally clueless and said Honda haven't officially disclosed anything to anyone yet (or maybe he's feigning ignorance). His assumption from the hushed talks in meetings and rumors inside the company are - the starting price might be from 7.49L onwards, stretching to 12.49L for the top diesel variant. There will again be a Corporate variant on offer but only in petrol, while the diesel lineup might start from EMT onwards, and might be priced from 8.69L onwards. The top variant will get some long-missed features such as ACC, BT-enabled touchscreen system and a few other goodies. As before, twin airbags and ABS will be standard across all variants in the entire range.

I know it's like jumping the gun by going for a booking even before seeing the car in person (I don't advocate the same myself), but I have complete faith in Honda engineering and their management, and the bullet-proof Honda reliability. My Pegasus has been a completely maintenance-proof and niggle-proof car in the past 2 years (touchwood!).

I have a good, excited feeling about this, and I know Honda will not disappoint.
Congrats @RavenAvi

I was actually expecting some scoop on the new City, however, your booking of the car is a scoop in itself.

However, there is still some scoop (on the prices) in the portion that I have highlighted... & it also means that the petrol engine will remain unchanged.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 17:12   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Its clear that the diesel engine would be same as the one on the Amaze. Any info on the petrol engine and the gearbox on the Automatic variant? Will it be the same as in the out going model or can we expect something new?
This link will tell you about the new 1.5l petrol engine and compact CVT:

http://world.honda.com/EarthDreamsTechnology/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
... & it also means that the petrol engine will remain unchanged.
I hope not. Honda has never been shy of changing the engines with each generation of the City (VTEC to i-DSI to i-VTEC) and I hope they maintain the trend. Reports have said the new car will get the new Earth Dreams powertrains and Honda needs to keep up with the competition and their DSGs and direct injection, turbocharged petrols.

Last edited by StarScream : 4th November 2013 at 17:13.
Old 4th November 2013, 18:27   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
This link will tell you about the new 1.5l petrol engine and compact CVT:

http://world.honda.com/EarthDreamsTechnology/
Can we expect a a seven-speed dual clutch transmission instead of 5 speed as AT?
Old 4th November 2013, 18:33   #255
BHPian

Sundaram Honda Chennai has started taking priority bookings for 2014 Honda City. Total 51,000 rupees fully refundable. And the sales guy said already 5 have booked (as of yesterday). I didnt post this because i didn't take it seriously. Now with the date announced probably its safe to book in advance considering the ecosport stories.

Dev
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks