Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2006, 10:55   #16
BHPian

Well, Rudra, I honestly feel bad for your colleague. To happen to a new car is just terrible. I got a flat tire within a couple of days of getting my new Wagon R, but the culprit was the ubiquitous nail -- needless to say I felt bad. I can only imagine what it must feel with that ill-fitting nozzle.

Secondly, your colleague's wife and son -- surely they should have read that thread here on TBHP..the one about the TATA Sumo before they yearned for the Xeta. I earnestly request you - Please make that a sticky - .

Thirdly, the inertia switch...does that *really* exist?

As for the company or dealer? IMHO just a classical hand-in-glove situation.

johy

Last edited by johy : 30th May 2006 at 10:59.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:09   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Tank was full. Not on a slope. His house parking area.
Thanks for clarifying that, Rudra. That rules out the possibility of a dry tank or the fuel pump sensing a dry tank. I faced this issue once when I had very little fuel in the tank and the car was parked on a slope.

Can you please ask your colleague to get the fuses checked and see if the problem recurs? While at the dealer, please also ask your colleague to ask for the RPM settings to be checked.

The switch below the driver's seat is only for emergency purposes and should not be used so regularly.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:21   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely disgusting experience with a new car....Shame on Tata for selling such a shoddy example.

Tatas inconsistent quality is well-known. At the end of the day, its a gamble whether you end up with a good piece or not.

GTO
Old 30th May 2006, 11:23   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Can you please ask your colleague to get the fuses checked and see if the problem recurs? While at the dealer, please also ask your colleague to ask for the RPM settings to be checked.
hrag, all these can be done but the question is should one do this? Especially on a car which is three days old?

No point telling my colleague about checking RPM setting. Boss, they're not like us. They buy a car and expect normal service from it. And I think that's how it should be.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:30   #20
BANNED

Rudra, while I agree that the PDI may not have been done properly and your colleague may not really be enjoying the new car, my objective was to help solve the problem.

After reading many of the posts here, I might have misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

Last edited by hrag : 30th May 2006 at 11:31.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:35   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
my objective was to help solve the problem.
I did understand that. But as I mentioned before..it's not us but them. Not really a automobile lover class.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:40   #22
BHPian

well regarding only one reversing light flashing the dealer told me "indica mein to ek hi kaam karti hai aaj kal company se aise hi aati hai" . i was quite wondering why the company wants to save the cost of a bulb
Old 30th May 2006, 11:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
well regarding only one reversing light flashing the dealer told me "indica mein to ek hi kaam karti hai aaj kal company se aise hi aati hai" . i was quite wondering why the company wants to save the cost of a bulb
Probably Ratan Tata read about American Airlines saving $40,000.00 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.

Jokes apart, I think ultimately its the company to blame. The dealer is selling what he got. The service can vary but hey we are talking starting problems and other stuff... it has to some manufacturing goof up.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:57   #24
BHPian

I am a new member here and what I see from this forum is that members here revel in Tata and Fiat bashing.
Old 30th May 2006, 12:03   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005
I am a new member here and what I see from this forum is that members here revel in Tata and Fiat bashing.
That's a fast remark! Suggest you to spend some time reading threads. It'll help you to understand this forum better.

And please don't go off topic here. You have different section to put up your views on forum.
Old 30th May 2006, 12:09   #26
Team-BHP Support

What a terrible experience to have with a new car. Rudra, at least they can't blame you, Xeta was not your suggestion.

Quote:
Passing judgement really quick, aren't you? If you stay little longer you will realise that we all love Fiat cars but bash the Fiat management, kindly note the difference.
Old 30th May 2006, 12:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bashing happens when there is a reason to bash. If you sell a lemon, you don't expect the customer to sing praises.

Coming back to main issue, here both dealer and company are showing callous approach. Few of the issues mentioned could have easily been captured in PDC (ill-fitting tubes, wheel arch poking out etc). However, this so called *cold start* problem is clearly not dealer's responsibility. It appears more like a manufacturing defect. I am fine with one reverse light as long as that is what the company specifications say.

Last edited by RX135 : 30th May 2006 at 12:10.
Old 30th May 2006, 12:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Tata reliablity issues again.In a new car if u face these kind of problems what will u expect when the car is like 3 to 4 years old.
Old 30th May 2006, 12:31   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Anybody can throw light on this, please may do so in a separate thread. This thread is not for fuel cut off switch discussion.
\

U have this Switch in Palio, In plaio atleast, In case of an impact, This switch cuts off the fuel Supply to the Engine.. To avoid any fire,

Sesh
Old 30th May 2006, 13:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
1. Front wheel arch inner PVC cover jutting out.
2. Front wheel’s tube nozzle is bent due to wrong fit.
3. Paint finish is not the same across the body panels.
To me it clearly looks more like a dealer problem. If the paint finish is not the same then definitly some kind of touch-up has been done that hints towards some kind of minor accident. Regarding starting problem, it also must be know to dealer because they themselves start the cars so many times to move it around, take it for registration and so on. So I don't think the problem was just waiting for the customer to take the car home befor appearing. So even after knowing all this, dealer delivered this lemon, which is bad on dealer's part. I really feel pity for Tata's who are succeeding in attracting the customers but such instances really thwart their whole effort.

Most Viewed