Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:12   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Any confirmation on adding safety features to 'V' variants, or is this just another 'bling' update?
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:20   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Any confirmation on adding safety features to 'V' variants, or is this just another 'bling' update?
VXI/VDI got ABS. Sounds good.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:03   #273
BHPian

I feel that with all those new equipment like powerfold mirrors, parking sensors and ESP, the Swift has now become an excellent proposition in its segment. Although it might be not spanking new and might be a bit cramped, the high resale value and the hassle free ownership that the Swift offers make it a very tempting buy indeed. Just like the Innova, this is one car which a common person can buy without thinking twice.
Old 22nd October 2014, 22:55   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I feel that with all those new equipment like powerfold mirrors, parking sensors and ESP, the Swift has now become an excellent proposition in its segment. Although it might be not spanking new and might be a bit cramped, the high resale value and the hassle free ownership that the Swift offers make it a very tempting buy indeed. Just like the Innova, this is one car which a common person can buy without thinking twice.
Do you mean Electronic Stability Control? It would be great if it is available, but I haven't seen that on any of the 'leaks' or even rumor sites. Do you have any links or source for that?

Edit: Just saw it mentioned on the link above. My bad.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 00:50   #275
BHPian

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Ahm Ahm JishD I think you are being very nice & sweet here bro.

Really ? You have to try so hard to beat the Swift DDiS, New or Old ?

Just so that you know, there is a Polo TSI , 90 HP Sports Punto & 2008 Swift LDi in my friend's circle. We have tried some high speed runs over short distances (Bangalore Nice Road) and the only car that I feel can really match or truly keep up with my 1.6 GT TDi is the Polo TSI.

That little 1.2 Engine is deceivingly quick and can knock out many a competition.

Just FYI , I currently drive a remapped Polo Tsi , the swift is now relegated to the parents. From a standstill it will toast even your GT TDI thanks to the DSG, in gear even the old Swift is quite good till 100 odd. Guess I'm a poor driver then... But do a 40-80 just to confirm.

Last edited by JishD : 23rd October 2014 at 01:08.
Old 23rd October 2014, 01:13   #276
BHPian

I doubt the Swift will have Cruise Control or ESP. AFAI can understand this info is taken from the video by gaadiwala which was posted in the last page, and in that speedo console is shown having Cruise Control markings. Now most likely this part is shared with the International version and hence the Cruise Control marking on the speedo. So we'll have to wait for the official Maruti launching to see whether Indian version gets them or not.

Also full marks to Maruti for providing ABS in the V trim. This was much awaited

The only thing that disappoints me right now is the reworked engine, especially the petrol one.
The K Series engine which was introduced first on old Swift was a cracker of an engine.
(Its still available in the current Ritz though) Then in 2011, with the all New Swift, they toned the engine a bit down for the sake of increased FE and that clearly showed on the performance of the engine. And now here we are, one more slight tuning.
If sources are to be believed, the ARAI FE of the upcoming Swift will be around a couple of KMs more. Lets see if it is at the cost of performance or what.

Have they started the deliveries?? As my brother mentioned that someone at his workplace has bought a New Swift Vxi with standard Music System installed out of the factory.
Will try to dig more info from my brother on this.

And Happy Diwali to all
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 07:40   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift flyers are out -gets the tag of India’s most fuel-efficient hatchback! Likely launch on 24th October!

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-2015newmarutiswiftmileage.jpg
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-newmarutiswiftbrochure.jpg
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-2015newmarutiswiftofficialbrochure.jpg
http://www.indianhoods.com/news/new-...ations-images/

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd October 2014 at 07:46.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 08:19   #278

I don't think the swift facelift is going to get cruise control and ESP.

If you look at the interiors of the international version, the cruise control buttons were on the right hand side of the steering wheel and ESP next to the headlight beam level adjustment dial. Shame we could have definitely used the ESP features in India given our driving conditions.
Old 25th October 2014, 10:33   #279
Team-BHP Support

This would possibly be the new keyfob for the ones equipped with the keyless entry and go system:

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-999347799_9.jpg

Unless Maruti decides to cheap out on Indian customers.

(Source: Google Images)
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 12:07   #280
Senior - BHPian

I was about to write a big post on all the trivial elements in this face lift, but if they've giving ABS as standard in the V variant, I'll just stop with this verdict:
This is a face lift worth waiting for if you are planning for V variant.
Old 25th October 2014, 14:27   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This would possibly be the new keyfob for the ones equipped with the keyless entry and go system
More pics of the face lift Swift,

Alloy wheels - close up shot
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-z_alloy_swift.png

Key fob
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-swift_flip_key.jpg

Keyless entry
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-b0uf5gzciaabg7a.jpg

Steering mounted tele control
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-tele_control_swift.jpg

http://blog.gaadiwaadi.com/2014/10/m...eveled_25.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 17:30   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I was about to write a big post on all the trivial elements in this face lift, but if they've giving ABS as standard in the V variant, I'll just stop with this verdict:
This is a face lift worth waiting for if you are planning for V variant.
They needed a facelift to bring in ABS! The i10 Grand and i20 needed facelifts to reduce safety features!

How long will we have to wait till we get Airbags + ABS as standard starting from Nano Base variant?!
If one is about to crash I wonder what he/she would have preferred the car to have! A music system playing a death tone or Airbags and ABS. (i.e. if they even care to wear seat-belts in the first place!)
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 19:42   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
How long will we have to wait till we get Airbags + ABS as standard starting from Nano Base variant?!
Please don't think of airbags as some magic cloak that would protect the occupants of a car from any harm. It is just going to prevent you from hitting your car's steering/dashboard. If the steering/dashboard doesn't stay in its place and hits you instead by intruding into the cabin, then no airbag can save the occupants.

Airbags are useless in a Nano or any similar car without proper structural integrity. Unless there is negligible cabin intrusion, airbags are not going to help protect you. Nano's shell is nowhere close to that.

Among the 5 Indian models that were crash tested, it was reported by NCAP that Nano, Alto 800 and i10 had inadequate structural integrity. So even the addition of airbags are not going to improve the safety of these cars.

For such models, it would be pure money wastage for the customer to opt for a airbag option. Wish they gave ABS as the option in these cars instead of driver airbag since the prevention of a crash is the only way the occupants can survive in these cars.

Figo and Polo on the other hand showed structural integrity during the same NCAP test and hence the addition of airbags would help there. Even the Swift top end model had structural integrity in the test that followed, though I haven't seen the results. So addition of airbags to Swift is going to be a life saver but that is not going to be the case with Alto.

Quote:
If one is about to crash I wonder what he/she would have preferred the car to have! A music system playing a death tone or Airbags and ABS. (i.e. if they even care to wear seat-belts in the first place!)
If it is a Nano or an Alto, I would prefer the ABS and music system instead of airbags. If I'm anyway not going to survive, why not enjoy while it lasts!
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 19:54   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
If it is a Nano or an Alto, I would prefer the ABS and music system instead of airbags. If I'm anyway not going to survive, why not enjoy while it lasts!
True that!
But if we consider structural integrity plus ABS and Airbags to be the most basic requirement for a car to be sold in India, which car would be the cheapest yet safe in that case?
Would the Celerio ZXi(O) be as safe as the Swift ZXi?
Old 25th October 2014, 20:11   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
True that!
But if we consider structural integrity plus ABS and Airbags to be the most basic requirement for a car to be sold in India, which car would be the cheapest yet safe in that case?
Would the Celerio ZXi(O) be as safe as the Swift ZXi?
Since the old generation Hyundai i10 got the verdict that even airbags cannot save the occupants, it is unlikely that a smaller Hyundai car would be any safer. Point to note here is that the same car actually scored 4 stars for the version sold in Europe. Same would be the case with other companies as well.

Since we do not have a crash test requirement here, there is no way of knowing how good our India-specific cars are, except for the random 5 that were tested.

Based on Euro NCAP site, current European Swift scored 5 stars while the ASEAN NCAP version scored 4 stars.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...rs-384684.aspx

Note: Above results are for models relevant to India and not necessarily those manufactured in India. 16" wheels on that Swift clearly shows that is not an Indian car for sure.

Last edited by zenren : 25th October 2014 at 20:22.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks