Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 11:19   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Just updates it vs. the i20. I guess we will have true i20 revamp well before this Swift goes down the route. Actually it does not need to right now. This is just like a new year model with minor changes. Fine as far as I see it.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:13   #17
BHPian

Well, its sad to see all manufacturers following this new "facelift" rule. I wonder what they think when they say "facelift". Its supposed to mean, retain the original's dynamics, at the same time, give the product more appeal and try and introduce something like, lets say a new engine(the heights imo, but its not bad to hope right?). All i do now is complain on how the new swift cannibalized the rear space and window space in the name of style. Good car, but it needs much more than this measly facelift to really attract attention(Dzire is outselling the hatch remember?). I'll just say that there is nothing as surprising as i had hoped and that blue lighting looks ugly; Amber or red would match this car's curves.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 18th June 2013 at 12:14.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:35   #18
BANNED

Facelift or the reason for another "pricelift".

Placing an after thought DRL and now how they are going to sell it, the indicator on ORVM as standard and airbags are still an option on top end version with some 50K above current price?
Old 18th June 2013, 12:52   #19
BHPian

Truly a blink and you miss 'facelift' (if it can be called that). I hope they add more features like rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, optional additional curtain and side airbags etc. i am not a fan of the i 20 but for sure it is filled to the gill with features (many optional).
The game is not moving forward in the B segment as cars more or less have the same features that it had 5 to 6 years years back. For example the only significant difference between my swift (1st gen in india) and the current one (variant for variant) is that the current one has electric ORVM. Maruti needs to move the game forward otherwise they will lose out
Old 18th June 2013, 12:54   #20
BHPian

So i20'ish design of the DRL's and as humyum has said they shouldn't be obnoxiously bright as in i20. It's quite irritating.

IMO it would be better if they had incorporated the "strip LED lights" as in the newer Audis instead of the "pearl effect LED". Looks quite upmarket.

Perhaps, the strip DRL would have looked better at some other place and not beside the foglamp eg. in the headlamp cluster maybe??
The front looks better but a new design of the foglamps so as to go alongwith the DRLs would have given the car a "new" look definitely.

-Bhargav
Old 18th June 2013, 14:09   #21
BHPian

Maruti calls it a facelift?

IMO, I would buy a Swift with my eyes closed IF Maruti makes the following changes to the Swift:

1. Liberate more room for rear passengers by either increasing vehicle length or scooping out front seats

2. Increase the size of the rear windows and make the doors and windows looks proportionate.

3. Try reducing the long nose and compensate the space extracted for the boot and bring it to ~240-250 Liters.

4. Keep the mechanicals same, with the engine much refined and tuned for efficiency.

5. Do reduce the size of the rear bumper and make the loading bay a bit more acceptable.

6. Provide atleast 4 speakers (if not HU) in the mid-variants.

7. Add an option of grey interiors (if not beige) with black to make the car more family-centric.

8. Other cosmetic changes it can do (like DRLs, ORVMs with indicators, spoiler, etc.) within a price increase of around ~20-40k.

Hope Maruti is listening...The time to replace my Alto is due within next year!
Old 18th June 2013, 14:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Maruti calls it a facelift?

IMO, I would buy a Swift with my eyes closed IF Maruti makes the following changes to the Swift:
1. Liberate more room for rear passengers by either increasing vehicle length or scooping out front seats
2. Increase the size of the rear windows and make the doors and windows looks proportionate.
3. Try reducing the long nose and compensate the space extracted for the boot and bring it to ~240-250 Liters.
4. Keep the mechanicals same, with the engine much refined and tuned for efficiency.
5. Do reduce the size of the rear bumper and make the loading bay a bit more acceptable.
7. Add an option of grey interiors (if not beige) with black to make the car more family-centric.
No need to close your eyes. It's right there and it's called the Ertiga.
AyAn! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 15:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
No need to close your eyes. It's right there and it's called the Ertiga.
Kidding?

I think I wrote ~20-40k price increase in my previous post and NOT ~200k price increase (difference between Swift VXi and Ertiga VXi). Plus, my needs do not involve carrying more than 5 at any point of time.

So, I will STILL have to keep my eyes closed!
Old 18th June 2013, 16:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
+1 . Something like a new power house under the hood , new design alloys (or a whole new car! ) and new interiors would have been considered a whole 'new' swift , Not the car we see here .
Hello Amogh, I think those are indeed new design alloys compared to the ones on the current international Swift! Let us just hope MSIL also changes them as part of the refresh. They did change the alloy design when they did a minor change of the old Swift in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I don't think the facelift Swift will come any time soon. The current gen swift has had a makeover from the earlier gen not too long back and Maruti really cannot afford a major design makeover any time sooner.
Hello 9thsphinx

I have a feeling MSIL will launch a face-lift in 2014. It all depends on the product life-cycle.

Previous gen Swift:
Launch: 2005
Face-lift: 2008 (+ 3 years)
End of model: 2011 (+6 years)

New gen Swift (going by the same logic):
Launch: 2011
Face-lift: 2014 (+3 years)
End of model: 2017 (+6 years)

My 2 paise.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 16:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

I believe the changes (although barely visible) are the need of the hour, but, sincerely hope that Maruti Suzuki take this opportunity to better the brakes on the L & V variants of the car.

@Viju, IMO the car will be launched in India at the 2014 Auto Expo (as has also been speculated by another BHPian).

Last edited by CARDEEP : 18th June 2013 at 16:18.
Old 18th June 2013, 17:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Got this from the quarter mile magazine. The meter console have blue lighting which in my opinion will look rather cheap.
Attachment 1098672
Honda did the same thing with the refreshed Honda CIty in 2012. Agree, it adds no additional value.
Old 18th June 2013, 21:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Previous gen Swift:
Launch: 2005
Face-lift: 2008 (+ 3 years)
End of model: 2011 (+6 years)
Did the previous gen Swift really have a facelift?? I don't remember seeing any. What were the changes?
Old 18th June 2013, 21:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
How does the blue look bad? I think it looks great. Look at the i20 interiors and how classy that blue looks.
Totally agree! I just saw the blue dials on the ecosport, and they look totally fab
Old 18th June 2013, 22:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Did the previous gen Swift really have a facelift?? I don't remember seeing any. What were the changes?
Front bumper was changed, alloy wheels / wheel caps design changed and clear lens tail lamps. Everything else remained more or less the same.
salilpawar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 00:18   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

continuing from above, the change in the shape and size of rear hatch was also prominent. To match up, the rear bumpers took some steriods to overgrow all upto the shortened hatch!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks