Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2014, 16:00   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Guys, I am looking for replacing our Indigo XL Dicor with MS Swift Dzire.
I want to know when will the New Dzire be launched with the changes which are mentioned above for Swift 2014.
Old 26th October 2014, 16:18   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I want to know when will the New Dzire be launched with the changes which are mentioned above for Swift 2014.
Dzire is unlikely to get changes for at least a few months. My guess would be something like March/April, if they do it.

Swift and Dzire, though similar are pitted against totally different competition. Swift is a premium hatch while Dzire is an compact, entry level sedan.

In case of Swift, there are premium players to take on like the i20, Punto and Polo which is why these features become really necessary. Their equivalent C2 sedans like Verna, Linea, Vento etc are in the league of Ciaz and not Dzire. They might even decide not to introduce all these features in Dzire, since wouldn't want to lose out on the pricing advantage in case of Dzire by adding gizmos that their competition doesn't have.
Old 26th October 2014, 21:55   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-Topic:
Quote:
Guys, I am looking for replacing our Indigo XL Dicor with MS Swift Dzire...
Sorry to be a spoil sport; have you considered the Zest? That' an unbeatable package and NOTHING like your Indigo except for the "T" badge!

I was never a fan of the TATA product, but I personally prefer the Zest over the Dzire even though I have a previous gen Swift.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th October 2014 at 21:57.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 23:33   #289
BANNED

NCAP ratings are very very over rated. I work for a service based company which caters to automobile makers worldwide. We carry out endless simulations everday checking structural integrity of cars in case of collisions. Vehicle crash performance is easily manipulatable just as mobile phones can be tweaked to score high in benchmark tests. It is not necessary a high NCAP rating car would necessarily protect your life in an accident even at nominal speeds.

Another fun fact, NCAP ratings are not universally same. For example, ASEAN NCAP ratings embrace one set of tests, Korean NCAP another set and so on. A five star rated ASEAN NCAP car may not even score 3 star in Japanese NCAP ratings.

Trust me people, dont go by star ratings. All cars in a segment are of similar levels. NCAP compared an i10 with a Polo and that's a sick joke. They have their own agenda to push. Hint : Think EU India Free Trade agreement.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th October 2014 at 23:36. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Carophilic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 11:41   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

A video showing all the new features of the Swift facelift:

Quote:
December 2014.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th October 2014 at 11:42.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 12:05   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I doubt the Swift will have Cruise Control or ESP. AFAI can understand this info is taken from the video by gaadiwala which was posted in the last page, and in that speedo console is shown having Cruise Control markings. Now most likely this part is shared with the International version and hence the Cruise Control marking on the speedo. So we'll have to wait for the official Maruti launching to see whether Indian version gets them or not.
Fully agree with the parts sharing bit. ESP markings along with cruise control and ACC marking are visible in the swift console when looked at an angle. Mine is a 2013 make, not sure if previous makes also have these in-active markings in the speedo console. None of these marking light up though. My zdi has ACC and was hoping there is a way to activate this indicator in the console. No luck so far!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th October 2014 at 17:38. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 27th October 2014, 16:50   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift facelift launched.

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-b08tdaocqaas5jk.jpg
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-b08sfarcqaaxsi7.jpg

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...85892123975681
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 17:28   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a new Dzire and after having seen the Zest, I had no doubts that I would have brought that if it was available in 2013.

Dzire is an awesome car, but lacks in features. Even at an on road price of 8+L in Bangalore, the mid variant Dzire does not get ABS or, air bag or steering mounted controls. Zest is very feature rich and I would suggest you take a look at that.
Old 27th October 2014, 18:00   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Any idea what is additional for the LXi+ variant for the 7k?
Old 27th October 2014, 18:16   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Swift facelift, as mentioned before, is priced a little higher than the model now replaced. Starting price remains same at Rs. 4.41 lakhs for base petrol version (LXi), while entry level diesel variant sees hike of Rs. 10,000. Price of mid variants, VXi and VDi, are increased by Rs. 17,000 and Rs. 20,000 respectively. Range topping trims, ZXi and ZDi, see price hike of Rs. 24,000.
Source: Rushlane

So the additional 17K in the VXi variant gives you ABS, Music system, auto folding mirrors. Not bad I would say.
Now the big questions remains how does it drive, considering the slight changes to both the engines, petrol and diesel.
If anybody can do a comparo of the new engine with the old, especially the petrol one would be really helpful.
Sherlocked is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 18:54   #296

The pricing is bang on.

With the added equipment and mileage this small little Suzuki is very good value for money in this segment.

Can't wait for a test drive.
Old 27th October 2014, 19:17   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Sorry to be a spoil sport; have you considered the Zest? That' an unbeatable package and NOTHING like your Indigo except for the "T" badge!
I was never a fan of the TATA product, but I personally prefer the Zest over the Dzire even though I have a previous gen Swift.
I have a very vast and enough for life experience of Tata Common Rail Engine.
That is why I did not go for Tata Sumo Grande when we wanted to buy a MUV in Nov. 2009.
We bought M&M Xylo E8 ABS and I am very very Satisfied with it.
FYI, the Xylo has run 221KKms (you read it right 2,21,000+kms) till date without any Clutch or Engine Overhaul. Only the Master Cylinder or Slave Cylinder was replaced around 15-20KKms back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass
Dzire is an awesome car, but lacks in features. Even at an on road price of 8+L in Bangalore, the mid variant Dzire does not get ABS or, air bag or steering mounted controls. Zest is very feature rich and I would suggest you take a look at that.
No offense meant to you but I did the same mistake of considering the features of Indigo XL Grand Dicor in May 2007. The car came with Alloy Wheels, Rear AC Vents, 20Cms (8 Inches) more Kneeroom than Normal Indigo, DVD Player with LCD Screens behind the Front Head rests, 6-Way Operating Electric Front Seats, Electric OVRMs with Blinkers, Front and Rear Fog Lamps, Double Barrel Headlights.@Rs.822K

So I am not going to take chance with Tata Car again.

Even if Dzire is low on Features, it does come with ABS and Airbags and that is more important to me than features alone.

Also 5-6 years down the parts of Maruti Dzire will be easily available than Tata Zest and the former will anytime fetch better resale than the latter
Sorry for going

Last edited by Eddy : 27th October 2014 at 23:20. Reason: As requested
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 12:11   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post

So the additional 17K in the VXi variant gives you ABS, Music system, auto folding mirrors. Not bad I would say.
As per 99cars.com, the ABS will be available only for the VDI variant and not for VXI.
And also compared to the earlier model, the Swift facelift (petrol variant) loses out on roughly 2.6 bhp. However, the torque has been increased by 1 Nm.

SOURCE

Still awaiting official launch info from Maruti.

EDIT: Can somebody confirm the same about non availability of ABS in the VXI trim. My dealer here said they'll call back but no communication from them yet regarding the same.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 28th October 2014 at 12:18.
Old 28th October 2014, 12:15   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Swift facelift launched.
Pricing seems good comparing to the existing model considering the features added. BTW, what is the LXi+ variant? Does it have power windows and 60:40 split rear seat? If so, and keeping in mind that the LXi prices are unchanged, Maruti hints that there is no immediate plan to update Ritz, and Swift LXi and LXi+ will be the options in that price range.

If Maruti do a silent launch for this, that does mean that nothing has to take away the buzz created for Ciaz, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 28th October 2014 at 12:35.
Old 28th October 2014, 13:41   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
BTW, what is the LXi+ variant? Does it have power windows and 60:40 split rear seat?
Explained below,
  • LXi, LDi variants now come with rear adjustable headrests and a 60:40 split for the rear seat.
  • The newly added Swift LXi+, LDi+ trims get front power windows and keyless entry.
  • The VXi, VDi get an audio player, electrically-foldable wing mirrors and ABS (VDi only).
  • The top-end ZXi, ZDi trims get new additions like keyless entry and go along with push button start, Bluetooth for the audio player and rear parking sensors.
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-0_0_0_http___172_17_115_180_82_news_oldswift_vs_newswift28.jpg

Source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th October 2014 at 13:45.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks