Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 14:06   #301
BANNED

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Explained below,
  • LXi, LDi variants now come with rear adjustable headrests and a 60:40 split for the rear seat.
  • The newly added Swift LXi+, LDi+ trims get front power windows and keyless entry.
  • The VXi, VDi get an audio player, electrically-foldable wing mirrors and ABS (VDi only).
  • The top-end ZXi, ZDi trims get new additions like keyless entry and go along with push button start, Bluetooth for the audio player and rear parking sensors.
Difference between old and new VXi is 16k, while that of VDi is 20K. But VDi has ABS too. That means ABS costs 4K only?
Old 28th October 2014, 15:02   #302
Senior - BHPian

* Petrol 1.2 is now 9.7% more fuel efficient (20.4 kpl instead of 18.6 kpl - ARAI figures) but less power (83.1bhp instead of 85.8bhp)

* Diesel 1.3 is now 10% more fuel efficient (25.2 kpl instead of 22.9 kpl - ARAI figures) that too with same power (74bhp).

If ECU tweaking can do so much improvement, why Maruti can't give ECU tweaking option to old Swift users (2011-14 and even earlier Swift user)? It is same engine after all.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:13   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Explained below,
  • The VXi, VDi get an audio player, electrically-foldable wing mirrors and ABS (VDi only).
I cannot understand why has the price of the Vxi gone up by 16,000 though it gets only the audio player and electrically foldable wing mirrors? There is no ABS. I guess you mean a two DIN audio player?
Old 28th October 2014, 15:22   #304
Team-BHP Support

Curious decision to omit ABS in the VXi trim. What have petrol car customers done wrong to not deserve safety equipment? Also, the price hike without ABS is nearly identical to the one for VDi (which gets ABS in addition to the bling bits). What gives?
Old 28th October 2014, 15:24   #305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
* Petrol 1.2 is now 9.7% more fuel efficient (20.4 kpl instead of 18.6 kpl - ARAI figures) but less power (83.1bhp instead of 85.8bhp)
I am not wondered much about the new FE figures, as nowadays I am regularly getting what the company claims (though with 25% city and 75% highway driving) - around 18.5KMPL in my 2012 VXi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Curious decision to omit ABS in the VXi trim. What have petrol car customers done wrong to not deserve safety equipment? Also, the price hike without ABS is nearly identical to the one for VDi (which gets ABS in addition to the bling bits). What gives?
My guess now: to cash-in on the newly rising demand for Petrol models, and give some soaps to the Diesel buyers.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 28th October 2014 at 15:29.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:27   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I am not wondered much about the new FE figures, as nowadays I am regularly getting what the company claims (though with 25% city and 75% highway driving) - around 18.5KMPL in my 2012 VXi.
My point is not about just fuel efficiency. If various combinations of fuel efficiency and power output are available through difference ECU updates, why not give users option to choose what they want.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:35   #307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
My point is not about just fuel efficiency. If various combinations of fuel efficiency and power output are available through difference ECU updates, why not give users option to choose what they want.
If that is the case, then it has just one answer, IMO: business! If the company provides backward-compatibility for their new technologies, their newer models won't move outside the showroom!
Old 28th October 2014, 16:21   #308
Senior - BHPian

While 24k's sounds reasonable for the additions in the ZDi model, I wish they had priced it at the same level especially the diesel to make it even more attractive since the Swift itself has a couple of inherent weaknesses - tiny boot, less than perfect rear seats and tinny build.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:21   #309
Senior - BHPian

This is a very minor update of the most popular car. I am waiting for a Swift with a slightly longer wheelbase and slightly bigger boot. I am only saying 'slightly'. Longer wheelbase will affect the dynamics, but it will be really good to have. The extremely cramped rear seat and joke of a boot, are the only two flaws in the current Swift IMO.

I dont think this update/refresh will affect the sales in anyway, neither up or down. Swift will continue to rock the base !
Old 28th October 2014, 16:25   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
This is a very minor update of the most popular car. I am waiting for a Swift with a slightly longer wheelbase and slightly bigger boot.
Could be then the YRA premium hatchback will meet or exceed your requirement - late 2015.
New Swift is speculated to launch in late 2016.
Old 28th October 2014, 17:38   #311
Senior - BHPian

Refreshed-swift-has-been-launched-rs442-lakhs
The following matter is mentioned at the above link-
The advanced thermal management system in diesel engine along with low friction engine oil and modified fuel injection system helps the diesel engine to warm up faster and reduce frictional losses.
The New Swift comes factory filled with low friction engine oil. But what about the Oil Change at MASS during Servicing? Would the MASS use such Low Friction Oil in New Swift?
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 17:40   #312
BHPian

Heard the Swift is now officially available at the dealerships. Anyone having any specific information? Also, the changes made in the updated version are not upto the mark. I mean come on, you are selling Start Stop, LED DRLs and other similar features, when a company like Hyundai has already created a niche for itslef offering these functions long ago.
Old 28th October 2014, 17:47   #313
Senior - BHPian

, Guess it is a new way of interpreting a 5W40 or 5W30 grade oil, already a jump in excitation factor. Maruti does it best compared to others.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 19:55   #314
BHPian

Small correction for the Mods to notice in the News:

The old petrol is 87 ps @6000 rpm, and not 86 ps @6200 rpm. Similarly the old diesel is 75 ps and not 74. Just double checked the brochure on the website, which is incidentally represents the old Swift, and not the current one.

Still don't understand why the VXi prices are up by so much, without the ABS. Is it that with petrol cars taking a larger market share, and for Maruti that means VXi, MSIL wants to cash in a bit more?

Last edited by PVPal : 28th October 2014 at 19:56.
Old 28th October 2014, 20:47   #315
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This minor facelift (with the much needed addition of useful features) should help to keep the Swift up to date in the segment against its new (i20) and facelifted (Polo & Punto) rivals.

Electrically retractable mirrors, true keyless entry with engine start-stop button, Bluetooth enabled music system and reverse sensors are all very welcome! 60:40 split folding rear seats should partly compensate for that small boot by at least providing some flexibility (i.e. when travelling with less than 5 passengers). It's strange that the website has not been updated even now.

If only Maruti Suzuki had the same attitude towards safety as they have towards squeezing out more FE numbers from ARAI! It's unfair that the middle petrol variant misses out on ABS when compared to the diesel. And why can't they offer a driver airbag on the middle variants? Ten thousand or fifteen thousand odd rupees more is well worth paying for the safety offered by a driver airbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
Small correction for the Mods to notice in the News:

The old petrol is 87 ps @6000 rpm, and not 86 ps @6200 rpm. Similarly the old diesel is 75 ps and not 74.
As those power outputs were provided in terms of bhp (instead of PS) on the homepage of Team-BHP , both the figures happen to be correct. 1 PS equates to 0.98632 bhp when converted.

The pre-facelift model did make its peak power output at a slightly higher rpm as well.

Quote:
Still don't understand why the VXi prices are up by so much, without the ABS. Is it that with petrol cars taking a larger market share, and for Maruti that means VXi, MSIL wants to cash in a bit more?
It's indeed irresponsible of Maruti Suzuki to discriminate against the middle variant's petrol buyers in this manner. Driver's airbag and ABS should have been made standard on the V_i variants, in my opinion.

Last edited by RSR : 28th October 2014 at 21:17.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks