Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 12:43   #46
BHPian

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Maruthi should also introduce Ertiga's 1.4L engine into this new Swift facelift
+1 to this, Swift Sport with 1.4 engine with a Body Kit could compete with Polo GT and Liva 1.5 Sportivo
Old 20th June 2013, 18:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I think we are reading too much into this update. Some of the updates (e.g.; sat-nav) for the European models may not carried over to India. I am not sure if slight visual tweaks like LED strips, new colours, wheels etc. will warrant a price increase. Other updates – AWD option, and a 5-door Swift Sport 1.6, both not relevant for India at this moment.

Considering the fact that the Polo GT TSI has garnered some interest among the buyers, they can actually think of bringing the Swift Sport to India (in a price range around 9-10 lakhs).
The 1.6L engine on the swift is a proven one. They sell the sport in UK as a 5 door pure hot hatch with the power output set at 136 bhp. I had read some of the reviews when the Indian swift was launched in 2011, and the Sport generally got the better of most of its competition. Also AFAIK this engine is a naturally aspirated one and not a turbocharged unit. Wonder if the suzuki engineers would be working on it for the next generation swift.

I just checked. Various sites claim the UK prices start at appx 12.5 k pounds.
So as you said there is a possibility of them taking out a few features and pricing in the 9-10 L range. With the amount of interest that the Polo GT has created I would not be surprised if the Sport also finds a few takers.
Oh yes the UK version comes shod with 17 inch wheels. Should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Instead of the blue lighting inside i would prefer the white lighting of the old swift, its less sporty but more pleasing to the eye. Eventhough Blue lighting looks cool I find it tiring compared to Amber/Orange/Green console lighting.

No excise benefit for the 1.4 petrol either, so if they come out with a Sport it makes sense to give the 1.6 only.

Almost all the hardware required for the Swift Sport is already in India, except the three door shell, and Maruti I don't mind a 4 door sport
Precisely sir, excise benefits are handed out to petrol engines with net displacement < 1200 cc. Correct me if I am wrong.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 19:23   #48
BHPian

Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th June 2013 at 20:22.
human_wheels is online now   Received Infraction
Old 21st June 2013, 08:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Considering the fact that the Polo GT TSI has garnered some interest among the buyers
If the suggestion here is that the GT TSI as an upgrade is comparable to this Swift "facelift", I tend to disagree. The Polo GT TSI was more substantial than providing dasboard lighting in a different shade or new DRLs (DRLs are of no siginificance in india anyway). I'm more inclined towards calling a change of the GTTSI kind (new engine, new gearbox) an upgrade than just a bunch of new lights and badges. I assume here that the definition of a facelift is simple cosmetic changes to exterior visible parts whereas an upgrade could mean major changes like new engine/mechanicals and could include a facelift as well. Please correct me if that's not true.

There's another way to look at it too - Hero Honda has been releasing "new models" of what is essentially the same engine that debuted on the CD100 more than three decades back. And India has been buying these "new models" and heck these "new models" even command different prices in the used vehicle market.

Yamaha adds a "Z" sticker to an existing model and calls it "new model for males".

Honda (at least) reshapes the panels and calls it all new.

The list goes on.

Why not a Swift facelift with a new light and new wheelcaps?? India will buy it!

So MSIL, please wake me up when it's a real upgrade. zzz...
Old 21st June 2013, 08:41   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
If the suggestion here is that the GT TSI as an upgrade is comparable to this Swift "facelift", I tend to disagree. The Polo GT TSI was more substantial than providing dasboard lighting in a different shade or new DRLs (DRLs are of no siginificance in india anyway). I'm more inclined towards calling a change of the GTTSI kind (new engine, new gearbox) an upgrade than just a bunch of new lights and badges. I assume here that the definition of a facelift is simple cosmetic changes to exterior visible parts whereas an upgrade could mean major changes like new engine/mechanicals and could include a facelift as well. Please correct me if that's not true.
Well, I would suggest to read the post carefully and quote the full line
I said this:
Quote:
Considering the fact that the Polo GT TSI has garnered some interest among the buyers, they can actually think of bringing the Swift Sport to India (in a price range around 9-10 lakhs).
Swift Sport is a hot hatch which comes with a 136bhp 1.6 petrol engine (6-speed MT or CVT AT), and can do 0-100 km/h in around 9 seconds. This car is not sold in India currently.
Old 21st June 2013, 21:00   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I would suggest to read the post carefully and quote the full line
I said this:
Swift Sport is a hot hatch which comes with a 136bhp 1.6 petrol engine (6-speed MT or CVT AT), and can do 0-100 km/h in around 9 seconds. This car is not sold in India currently.
sorry for the misunderstanding; guess I wasn't fully awake.

But the fact remains that manufacturers in India are in the habit of launching "new models" with the difference between old and new models being an additional sticker. Surely, the manufacturers approach to new models would be different in a developed market.
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:12   #52
BHPian

The manufacturers in India have a list of basic features lined up and couple of them are released with so called New Models. Very few looks at the what works on Indian conditions and taste of people.
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:34   #53
BHPian

Just like the good old times, when Ambassador would change the color of the turn indicators and call it an update.

OVRM turn indicators and DRLs are available with each and every accessory dealer. Come on MUL, its 2013 AD.

Such a pity to call it an update!
Old 12th September 2013, 13:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

2014 Suzuki Swift unveiled at Frankfurt

Link to News Section

While Suzuki's big unveil at Frankfurt was the iV4 SUV concept that could rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster, the Japanese car maker's hot selling hatchback got a makeover. The 2014 model year Swift Facelift adds a range of features and cosmetic changes. Suzuki has also improved the fuel efficiency of the diesel engined variants of the 2014 Swift hatchback. Due to go on sale in European markets by the end of this year, Maruti Suzuki might bring the facelifted model to India next year, as a mid career refresh for the country's best selling B+ hatchback.

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-2014-suzuki-swift-facelift.jpg

Launching into the changes that the 2014 Swift comes with, the cosmetic bits include LED day time running lights mounted into the fog lamp housing of the car. The front bumper features a slightly different profile while the LED treatment continues to the roof mounted stop lamp at the rear. 16 inch alloy wheels are standard on the top end variants of the 2014 Swift. In India, the current version of the car comes with 14 inch steel wheels and 15 inch alloy wheels. These are pretty much the visual changes that the 2014 Swift comes with, apart from the new "Boost Blue Pearl" metallic paint job.

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-2014-suzuki-swift-facelift-1.jpg

On the inside, visual changes on the 2014 Swift include new upholstery for the seats. The dashboard remains unchanged and so do the other trims on the car's interiors. Features wise, Suzuki has added the Auto-Up one touch function to the driver's side power window (previously, only the Auto-Down function was available). Also, the car gets automatic headlamps and electrically adjustable wing mirrors that now fold inwards automatically. On the engines and transmissions front, Suzuki has retained the 1.2 liter K-Series petrol engine and the 1.3 Liter Fiat Multijet turbo diesel engine.

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-2014-suzuki-swift-facelift-2.jpg

The gear ratios on the 5 speed manual transmission on the diesel variant are said to be altered, resulting in higher fuel efficiency for the diesel engined 2014 Swift variants. The diesel engined model's claimed fuel consumption per 100 kilometers reduces from 4.2 liters to 3.9 liters. Apart from the revised gear ratios, the start-stop (idle stop) system contributes to better fuel economy and lower CO2 emissions on the 2014 Swift Diesel. Top end models of the Euro-spec 2014 Swift also feature cruise control, a start-stop button and heated seats.

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-2014-suzuki-swift-facelift-3.jpg

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 12th September 2013 at 13:39. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 14:43   #55
BHPian

Though there are many small changes, I was expecting much more significant changes. Many of the changes are limited to Euro spec Swift. The DRL lamps looks exactly similar to those of Hyundai i20. Anyways Suzuki has to bring a capable product to take on 2014 Hyundai i20. Hope they will do it.
Old 12th September 2013, 17:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Going by the update to Swift in 2008, we can expect a new design alloys, new seat fabric, white/blue illumination in the speedo console, DRLs, LED stop lamps, new bumpers and probably even leather wrapped steering.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we can expect new wheel cap design for lower variants

Last edited by zenren : 12th September 2013 at 17:43.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:46   #57
BHPian

@zenren, couldn't agree more. But in any case, this is going to outsell any other car in any segment. So why would Maruti do any special engineering when there is no clear competition at all.
Old 12th September 2013, 20:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
@zenren, couldn't agree more. But in any case, this is going to outsell any other car in any segment. So why would Maruti do any special engineering when there is no clear competition at all.
Amen to that. Don't fix something which is not broken.
Old 8th November 2013, 18:04   #59
BANNED

Any idea on possible date, as one of my friend is looking for swift P and whether I can ask him to wait?
Old 8th November 2013, 18:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Any idea on possible date, as one of my friend is looking for swift P and whether I can ask him to wait?
No idea about the dates.

Which variant is he planning for? If not the ZXi, I don't think there would be anything drastically different in the facelift except subtle changes. Even the illumination change if done could be a half-hearted effort, considering what they did in 2008 by changing speedo illumination to white but retaining that of clock and dashboard controls as orange.

That said, a petrol swift should attract a lot of discounts these days from the dealership. If he is not getting a juicy deal, it might be worthwhile to wait for a month when the showrooms offer heavy discounts to get rid of 2013 manufactured cars out of their stock yard.

Although unlikely, re-introducing the ABS as optional in V variant is something I hope they do. That's the maximum surprise I can expect from Maruti since they need to do something to counter Grand i10 sales. If he is the type of guy who will not go for an ABS at 25k extra even if the option is available like the majority of Indian buyers, I guess there is nothing much to look forward to from a facelift.

For ZXi, Maruti could give an additional set of gadgets to get on par with Grand i10 and i20.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks