Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 20:34   #61
BHPian

Figo based compact sedan rendered by IAB.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131115_203356.png
Views: 2895
Size:  196.7 KB
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 20:48   #62
BHPian

Welcome Ford to ride on Indian consumer mindset. So far, you were selling proper ones, and now you want to follow the contraptions like dzire and amaze. Good luck.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 21:51   #63
BHPian

Re: Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I really hope Ford throws in the 'Microsoft Sync' feature, along with 'keyless-entry-go' for good measure. That should allow them to take the fight to the likes of the Hyundai Grand i10 and the 2013 Nissan Micra. A Titanium (O) variant with these features + the EcoBoost engine should make for a truly mouth watering prospect. Ford, I hope you're listening!
Yes they would put in all the features during the launch and then one fine day without any notice all these would go missing. Thats from my experience of the Figo and the Ecosport. Oh and not to mention that price hike.

If they really want to succeed, they should evaluate the positives and negatives of the existing Figo and work around it.
Old 15th November 2013, 21:58   #64
BHPian

this looks like PALIO except for the front grill, the proportion of the new FIGO car is almost exactly like PALIO which we have seen in india, that was designed some 15 years back,

FORD could have been a bit more innovative,

with the famed 1.5TDCI engine it should sell well,
Old 15th November 2013, 22:38   #65
BHPian

hopefully the ground clearance issue is sorted out with this facelift. This was one reason apart from the money factor that kept me away from figo.
Old 15th November 2013, 23:07   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
this looks like PALIO except for the front grill, the proportion of the new FIGO car is almost exactly like PALIO which we have seen in india, that was designed some 15 years back,

FORD could have been a bit more innovative,

with the famed 1.5TDCI engine it should sell well,
The 1.5 isn't that famed, its hardly been around for a couple of years. The design does look dated in parts, but the Figo was a success with dated looks.

One thing everyone would appreciate with Ford is that you don't see the keyhole for the hatch/boot.
Old 16th November 2013, 08:59   #67
BHPian

Happy to know that they are coming up with a good car. I realy wonder how the next gen Ka is a 4 seater. It was a 2 seater aimed for small familier. And priced in the lower segment as well in worldwide. Once they make it a 4 seater, price will go up, and will be positioned in higher segment. Any similar thoughts?

Last edited by devil_klm : 16th November 2013 at 09:01.
Old 16th November 2013, 09:27   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Happy to know that they are coming up with a good car. I realy wonder how the next gen Ka is a 4 seater. It was a 2 seater aimed for small familier. And priced in the lower segment as well in worldwide. Once they make it a 4 seater, price will go up, and will be positioned in higher segment. Any similar thoughts?
AFAIK,the Ka was never a 2 seater although it was available as a 3-door version.Also,making it a 5-door does not necessarily mean pushing up costs or putting it in a higher segment.It is just the way most Europeans like their hatchbacks as the rear seats are used sparingly,even the Focus hatch and it's competitors are available with 3-door versions in Europe.
Its more to do with their One Ford strategy in which their are no region specific cars,thus they have merged the Figo and Ka into one car for all markets.IMO,there will still be a 3-door version for Euro markets.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 09:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
AFAIK,the Ka was never a 2 seater although it was available as a 3-door version.Also,making it a 5-door does not necessarily mean pushing up costs or putting it in a higher segment.It is just the way most Europeans like their hatchbacks as the rear seats are used sparingly,even the Focus hatch and it's competitors are available with 3-door versions in Europe.
Its more to do with their One Ford strategy in which their are no region specific cars,thus they have merged the Figo and Ka into one car for all markets.IMO,there will still be a 3-door version for Euro markets.
Thanks for correctomg me, I mean the 3 door version. Yes European markets will get the 3 door version i guess. And this will be a good replacement for ageing Fiesta Classic here.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 19:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Well, rumor has it that India will have the 1.2 VCT on the petrol front and re-(de)tuned 1.5 mill as the oil burner. Launch will be around Q1 of 2015.
Old 19th November 2013, 15:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

Is this the car which is going to replace current Ford Figo in India?

Is it only me or some more also?? I didn't like this car much, compared to current Figo. Current Figo looks much better IMHO. It has its own looks, its own charm. After its facelift, its been a quite a looker car, specially with alloys. It looks like a proper car with a planted stance. This new Ka concept is good but not related to current Figo at all. Its character us lost completely. If Ford launches it here in India, they better launch it along with current Figo and not as a replacement
Old 17th January 2014, 08:17   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford's global new small car to debut in Auto Expo 2014 - lauch at a later date.

Quote:
Ford India has lined up an all-new global small car model (code named: B562), which will be officially seen for the first time at the upcoming Auto Expo in Delhi. According to two reliable industry sources associated with this project, though the model is currently under development, it will break cover at the Auto Expo next month while the model will be readied and launched later.
Bad news is as the company plans to export the model in good volumes in near future just like the EcoSport, will the fiasco of Ecosport bookings repeat?

http://autocarpro.in/contents/NewsDe...px?NewsID=3168
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 13:39   #73
BHPian

New Figo spotted on the Ahmedabad-Sanand highway (near the Ford manufacturing unit). Notice the New Fiesta-esque front grill?
Attached Thumbnails
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-img20150213wa0002.jpg  

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-img20150213wa0003.jpg  

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-img20150213wa0004.jpg  

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-img20150213wa0005.jpg  

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-img20150213wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by rahul4321 : 13th February 2015 at 13:40. Reason: addition
rahul4321 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 14:43   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
New Figo spotted on the Ahmedabad-Sanand highway (near the Ford manufacturing unit). Notice the New Fiesta-esque front grill?
Thank you for those pictures, the car looks nice in that colour, I hope Ford offers it as an option.

I might be mistaken, but those alloys/wheel-caps resemble what came on the Grande Punto originally.

And, going OT, your car windows need a good cleaning!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks