Team-BHP - Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/138240-supposed-spyshots-next-gen-ford-figo-surface.html)

Link to News Section

The first big success for Ford in India was the well priced Figo hatchback. The car is about 3 years old in the Indian car market, launched as it was in the summer of 2010. Originally a Fiesta hatchback, re-engineered to suit buyer tastes in emerging markets such as Brazil and India, the Figo's replacement is already under development at Brazil.

With Ford making it clear that its focus lies upwards of the B-segment hatchback space, a replacement for the entry-level Ka is unlikely. From the Indian perspective, this means that the possibility of Ford entering the sub-Figo small car category is all but ruled out (at least for the next 2-3 years). Re-enter the Ford Figo replacement.

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-next-gen-ford-figo-render.jpg

A while ago, CarAndDriverBrasil carried a speculative render depicting the next generation Ford Figo. This car is said to replace the Ka as well as the Ford Rocam (Figo in India). Now, a heavily camouflaged Ford hatchback has been spotted at Cologne, Germany, a city where the American car maker has a development center. These images are courtesy QuatroRodas.

Matching the new set of spyshots and the previously released speculative render, it appears that the car on test is the next generation Figo. The car's rising window line, curvy boot section and non-X'mas tree tail lamps are a few factors that make it resemble the rendered speculative image. Codenamed the B562, production of the next generation Figo could start in Brazil by the end of this year.

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-next-gen-ford-figo-1.jpg

An India launch of the next generation Figo could happen sometime in 2014. Digging into the past, a AutoCarPro report stated that the next generation Figo will be the first product to roll out of the new Sanand factory, whose construction has already begun. The Sanand plant will go on stream in 2014, and gauging from this timeline, a 2014 Indian launch for the next generation Figo is likely.

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-next-gen-ford-figo-2.jpg

The 2014 next-generation Figo is expected to be a global car model, mirroring the American car maker's One Ford philosophy. With Ford mulling a new entry level hatchback for China (dubbed the Value-B) to take on the Chevrolet Sail, the next-gen Figo (re-engineered to suit Chinese tastes) could also be launched in the Chinese car market.

Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface-next-gen-ford-figo-3.jpg

In China, the Value-B hatchback will sit underneath the Fiesta hatchback, which has been a tepid success for Ford in that part of the world. Meanwhile, a compact sedan based on the next-generation Figo is touted to spawn a compact sedan. The compact sedan based on the Figo will replace the aging previous generation Fiesta sedan (sold as the Classic in India).

The Figo-based compact sedan could take on the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, the Honda Amaze and the upcoming 2014 Hyundai i10-based compact sedans. Both petrol and diesel engine options are expected to be available on the next-gen Figo hatchback and compact sedan models in the Indian car market. The engine options under consideration could be the 1 liter EcoBoost turbo petrol engine (first seen in India on the EcoSport) and the 1.5 liter turbo diesel engine (first seen in India on the new Fiesta sedan).

This will be an interesting launch. Have to watch this space...

With the success of the FIGO I am sure if this adds on to the FIGO, there will be lot of takers around. Thanks for this info.

That looks heavily camouflaged! Thanks for sharing the pics BTW.

The Figo looked the best when it was launched for the first time here. With the recent facelift, it became even uglier and boring, with the funny looking extra-large headlamps.

But, this one looks like a VW to me. Why?
See the ORVMs carefully. Typical VW-like and look exactly similar to the units on Vento and Polo. The rear windshield (upper area) and the integrated spoiler also looks similar to the Polo. Are we receiving a Polo facelift? :D

Also, in the first pic, the side profile looks more like the Hyundai Verna. stupid:

According to me the first +ve is the removal of Vertial Tail Lamp Cluster. That is one thing i cannot get off my mind while looking at the current Figo.

Also, If they come up with sub 4mtr Figo based sedan, then it would be interesting choice, if it has the handling dynamics of the Figo and looks decent.
Alternative, to Dzire/ Amaze for guys who want Ford Handling but do not like Figo.

Finally, it all depends on the last mile handling by dealers in terms of Sales/Service. If these guys cannot improve Customer satisfaction then Maruti still rules in terms of the way you get treated even if you buy Alto.

Cheers
MKP

And then we will have Figo "classic" and the new Figo!
I hope the steering of the new Figo doesn't go the Ecosport way.

Is it a Ford? The headlight have a fluidic shape, the OVRM looks just like current generation Polo's. Even the read three quarter resembles Polo.

I'm not sure this is a Ford, given the new design language they have taken worldwide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 3162978)
I hope the steering of the new Figo doesn't go the Ecosport way.

Let's just hope the steering unit is tuned similar to new Fiesta, which has amongst the best EPS units around(in terms of feel and feedback).

Ooooooooo.. Figo becomes more aggressive.

But i somehow feel Ford is lacking a unique signature design. New Fiesta, Ecosport front, and now this one they look like inspired by Hyundai but designers started with fluidic lines and gave a front of VW. a cross between the two.

And after seeing the reasonable pricing for EcoSport, This will be priced sensibly too.

hmm.. in the first picture, the front look very much like the fluidic Verna. in the second picture, the camouflaged car looks like a Punto :D why is everybody going for that weird look (i10, fluidic Verna, Elantra, EcoSport et al) lol:

interesting, things are gonna be.

Does indeed look more of a VW Polo refresh to me with bits of the Hyundai fluidic design philosophy thrown in. I've never liked those Christmas tail light arrangement on the current Figo and if this indeed is the new Figo, I am glad the brake lights go where they're supposed to be.

With the One-Ford concept, does it mean that the upcoming Figo will be priced lower than the current one?

This small hatch back with the 1.0L EcoBoost engine and 125PS. Will be a hoot to drive.

Although, the 1.0L EcoBoost is also available in a lower state of tune of 100BHP. Would not mind even in that lower state of tune.

The rendering and the scoop are 2 different cars. Evident from the headlight design, ,the front grill design and the shoulder line, which is rising from the front fender on the rendering and a little higher up on the scoop.

From the headlight design, it seems to be more of a Hyundai (inner design if more like the i20/verna/i10/elantra).

Moreover, I feel that 3 years is too short a period for the company to completely change a hatchback. 2015 seems to be more optimistic in terms of seeing a new figo.

I believe Ford was expected to make One Global model for its entry hatch segment. So this will also be the replacement for the long standing Ford KA in the european market.

Very much in line with the OneFord strategy. Would be interesting to see if Ford manufactures it in India and then exports it to Europe a la Nissan, Hyundai etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 (Post 3163120)
The rendering and the scoop are 2 different cars. Evident from the headlight design, ,the front grill design and the shoulder line, which is rising from the front fender on the rendering and a little higher up on the scoop.

From the headlight design, it seems to be more of a Hyundai (inner design if more like the i20/verna/i10/elantra).

Moreover, I feel that 3 years is too short a period for the company to completely change a hatchback. 2015 seems to be more optimistic in terms of seeing a new figo.

Pulled it right out of my mouth..it looks like the soon to be launched i10 or i20. The headlamp and the C pillar design languages say so.

Most of the companies have messed up the head lamps making them take most of the bonnet space.
Would be great if Ford can put the Mustang style double barrel kind of lamps to stand out.