Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:46   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
So its better to keep the emblem design and mechanism simple and safe in first place.
Agreed but the S class still has the emblem. I hope the new C gets the hood mounted star. Driving and seeing the star in front of the hood is altogether a different feeling.
Old 3rd October 2014, 09:03   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Agreed but the S class still has the emblem. I hope the new C gets the hood mounted star. Driving and seeing the star in front of the hood is altogether a different feeling.
They do have a trim with the hood-mounted star for the new C. Here its called the Exclusive variant

Name:  Screen Shot 20141003 at 11.30.26 am.png
Views: 3351
Size:  171.5 KB
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Till some time back, even the W204 (currently on sale) on certain varients came with the star on the hood. Its only in the recent past and with the introduction of the Edition C and Grand Edition that the star has moved.

Completely agree with your statement on seeing the star in front of the hood while driving. Drove a friends E270 recently and seeing the star while driving makes you feel special.

OT: When i was taking delivery of my C in February, i had asked my SA what the cost of the star was. INR 2300. Not too bad! But then it would look stupid to have one on the grill and one on the hood so didnt go for it.

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 3rd October 2014 at 13:12.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 09:40   #34
BHPian

Unfortunately it looks like the next generation E class is going to look exactly like a cross of S class and C class (just comes in medium size). It will likely lose its distinctive angular style and what makes an E class a class by itself .
Old 23rd August 2015, 14:03   #35
BHPian

W212 Facelift: Elegance Grill

I've had my facelift W212 for about a month now and have been considering getting the classic Elegance grill. AFAIK Mercedes-Benz doesn't offer this officially in India so I was hoping for some leads in Delhi who may be able to help out. I initially wanted to ask T&T Motors (the official dealer) but I had a very bad experience with their body shop and don't want to go back there so soon. Plus I imagine the cost will be exponentially higher even if they do agree to do it.
Here's a picture I found on Google images of what I want for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift-2014mercedesbenzeclass_100412879_l.jpg  

Stigissimo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:51   #36
Team-BHP Support

Re: W212 Facelift: Elegance Grill

Quote:
I've had my facelift W212 for about a month now and have been considering getting the classic Elegance grill
Not sure if this will actually look better than the existing setup - perhaps have a look at illuminating star first

http://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w2...tion-help.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd August 2015 at 16:57.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 17:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

The three pointed star on the bonnet definitely looks better. Somebody in Delhi should be able to get the grill for you, its easy getting Mercedes parts in Delhi, Mumbai and Kerala, I think a little research on the other Mercedes threads should give you leads to a few importers from Delhi, have also seen ads on OLX
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 17:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
I've had my facelift W212 for about a month now and have been considering getting the classic Elegance grill. AFAIK Mercedes-Benz doesn't offer this officially in India so I was hoping for some leads in Delhi who may be able to help out. I initially wanted to ask T&T Motors (the official dealer) but I had a very bad experience with their body shop and don't want to go back there so soon. Plus I imagine the cost will be exponentially higher even if they do agree to do it.
Here's a picture I found on Google images of what I want for reference:
These people should be able to help you out, from the looks of the page it looks like a pretty legit establishment.
Do remember to share your experience here to help other members.

https://www.facebook.com/gtptrading
Jag4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 19:24   #39
BHPian

Arush at Autopsyche will source it for you, he generally does AMG conversion kit etc.
devilwearsprada is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 01:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Arush at Autopsyche will source it for you, he generally does AMG conversion kit etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
These people should be able to help you out, from the looks of the page it looks like a pretty legit establishment.
Do remember to share your experience here to help other members.
No luck with either one. Also tried a place called 'Xclusive Motion' but they don't have it either. Anyone else?
Old 25th August 2015, 10:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
No luck with either one. Also tried a place called 'Xclusive Motion' but they don't have it either. Anyone else?
Try AutoMarc in def colony (they are next to Le Bistro Du Parc) in the market opposite Moolchand. Speak to Sanjay there and he should be able to source this easily for you.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 11:48   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do check prices from the dealer before buying anything from him if you are getting OE. I inquired with him about trying to source S500 launch edition OE MB rims which were upgraded by him to bigger rims by an owner. He told me he could perhaps find it and quoted a price to me that was double of what brand new ones from the dealership cost. I just laughed, hung up the phone and ordered the rims from my dealer instead. My first and last impression about the chap, if you don't do your homework, he will take you for a ride.
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Do check prices from the dealer before buying anything from him if you are getting OE. I inquired with him about trying to source S500 launch edition OE MB rims which were upgraded by him to bigger rims by an owner. He told me he could perhaps find it and quoted a price to me that was double of what brand new ones from the dealership cost. I just laughed, hung up the phone and ordered the rims from my dealer instead. My first and last impression about the chap, if you don't do your homework, he will take you for a ride.
True in its sense. It's trivial to look at all sources before ordering.
If I was in the OP's place I would directly import it from a Europe Dealer as its cheaper that way even after adding duties and imports.
Old 25th August 2015, 12:44   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
True in its sense. It's trivial to look at all sources before ordering.
If I was in the OP's place I would directly import it from a Europe Dealer as its cheaper that way even after adding duties and imports.
This website has most MB OE parts http://www.mercteil.com/
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 18:54   #45
Team-BHP Support

I drove the E350 to Coorg last month, some observations

1: Nice engine growl
2: Very linear delivery, lacks urgency of the BMW 530 and gets the job done
3: Sport mode make the car really composed for press on driving
4: Steering may not give too much feedback (much better than an Audi!) but it goes where you point it
5: Remains unflappable when pushed on winding roads.
6: Excellent braking

The newer models make this car a little old but in terms of robust build and great mile muching capability, it is hard to beat

its Rs 80 L on the road- buy secondhand and smile
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks