Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 08:29   #16
BHPian

re: Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs

I think the new Micra is overpriced for the segment it caters,it's price is close to the i20 which is a notch above.Also,its priced higher than the segment favourite Swift.I think due to this the Active will bring in more volumes than the new one,similar to the Fiesta family.

It seems even more overpriced when compared to the Active's higher variants.
Due to this maybe they didn't launch the diesel and CVT variants of this car as it would further cannibalise it's older sibling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
The Nissan Micra Active XV S is priced at 4.9L in Bombay, whilst the lowest end Nissan Micra XL is priced at 5L - considering I get far superior features in the Active, why would I bother buying the XL?
Old 4th July 2013, 09:19   #17
MHG
BHPian

The biggest change I see in the Micra is the addition of driver and front passenger side airbags. This justifies the price of the Micra Diesel XV (P) IMO, although it makes a lot ofsense to spend a little extra and go for the fully loaded Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta (O) instead which has more interior space, more outright engine power, 5-star safety rating, curtain airbags and a wider dealer network.

And the Micra Active XV S is priced really well - it is a Euro NCAP 4-star car (with 84% ratings for adults) with 2 airbags and ABS+EBD. The only other car at its price with the same safety features is the Maruti Suzuki A-Star ZXI Option Pack and this has much lesser interior space and one star less in Euro NCAP ratings. It also looks a touch better in the Active version IMO.

With the Micra Active out, I wonder how and where the Datsun K2 will be positioned. It is said to be lighter and faster than the Micra according to Nissan's press release. Did they refer to the (then unreleased) Micra Active or the regular Micra (refresh) ?
Old 4th July 2013, 12:33   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
The Nissan Micra Active XV S is priced at 4.9L in Bombay, whilst the lowest end Nissan Micra XL is priced at 5L - considering I get far superior features in the Active, why would I bother buying the XL?
It is the engine power what you miss .....
Old 4th July 2013, 12:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
It is the engine power what you miss .....
Yes I saw the specs but it is basically the same engine which is tuned better in the Micra. Either way, it is hardly a hot hatch. I would take 2 Airbags, ABS+EBD and other features over a slightly better tuned engine. But I guess it is a matter of choice. Personally I believe that the highest end Active makes the lowest end Micra redundant.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I can't foresee the future though, don't think even Nissan has. Whatever it is, I don't think that it is meaningful in bringing a Micra Active D after an i10 or Brio D has hit the roads. One should make hay while the sun shines, thus goes the saying.
+1. No doubt about that. would have loved to see them launch it in diesel avataar too. It has all the potential for becoming there "bread and butter" car. With almost zero competition it could have had enjoyed an uninterrupted segment leader position.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs

Attaching the Micra Active Features Brochure and Specification Sheet for anyone wanting a quick comparo.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nissan-Micra-Active-brochure.pdf (1.39 MB, 1656 views)
File Type: pdf Nissan-Micra-Active-specification-sheet.pdf (1,003.4 KB, 1537 views)
9thsphinx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 15:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

I am tempted to consider the Micra, though I am not in the market right now!

Great pricing. This will surely do justice to the fabulous car that Micra is. I hope it sells more than the i10 atleast.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th July 2013 at 06:07. Reason: spell check.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:29   #23
BHPian

Micra Active Prices in Bangalore
XE 430000/-
XL 492000/-
XV 538000/-
XVS 575000/-

Alto K10 vxi after a 25k discount is 405000 on road bangalore.
Food for thought ehhh
Which one would any of you have picked
InControl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 15:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

OK - this is interesting and potentially a game changer (esp if it was in diesel). But who else thinks that in the short term, it may be a self-goal, resulting in blood on their balance sheet?

Short of an outright in-your-face promotion, who would consider this? Someone already considering the Micra! There are enough folks in this segment who would blindly consider the Maruti - heck, you'd need to search out a Nissan dealership in most places unlike a Maruti which is present in every dealership.

Hence, the micra may definitely grow numbers, but see margin erosion internally. It may also be wildly successful the way Spark did really nice numbers in 2008 or so with then killer 2.89L pricing. (unlike the current ugly duckling look which is just not selling!!).

EDIT: Nissan please revamp the Evalia, improve the suspension, give 1.5L km warranty and make it onroad under 8L gurgaon (previous one was 9L) - I'd buy the XE+ right away.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 15:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

I really think they should have cleaned up and designed the center console better. In a car full of curves that music unit just looks out of place and there is so much empty space around it as well.
Old 4th July 2013, 16:32   #26
BHPian

top 3 reasons to consider Nissan Micra (active)

1) Safety: Nissan has not skipped safety completely, at 4.7 lac(ex-showroom Delhi). Nissan has undercut most hatchbacks in B+ by providing safety package at 70K to 1.5 lac lower depending upon the competition

2) black interiors : At the end of the day i would prefer the sporty black interior than dull grey drab interiors they have in new Micra. yes there might be difference in quality but its not that huge. and keep in mind black interiors are used for the export market. so i don't think the quality would be crap. it may in fact be better. black is also easier to maintain

3) finally, all said and done. the car is basically the same. it has the same 3 pot engine. same interior space, and same frame of body. the changes are mostly cosmetic (very well executed). the engine is de-tuned, it was 75 bhp now its 68 bhp. so not a huge drop but it offers more fuel economy, should be more refined hopefully. not a bad deal. if you are a first car buyer or looking for a fuel efficient second car for wife or someone in the family

Last edited by Caramelo : 4th July 2013 at 16:33.
Caramelo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 20:33   #27
BHPian

Link to official website of the Active:http://nissanmicra.co.in/active/index.html. Car has all the goodies. USB too? That's a good move. Why would someone bother buying an A Star with the Active in place. Nissan now must ramp up the dealer network to more than 150 within the year end to have a shot at other guys.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 21:36   #28
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic move by Nissan - it's like targeting two mangoes with one stone, to borrow a common Tamil phrase. Give buyers who demand all modern features and conveniences in the B segment the latest European facelift of the Micra (thank God we got this, it's sportier than the JDM and Thai facelifts with its 370Z inspired headlamps) and also offer the Micra Active variants to those who are looking to buy a hatch in the Rs. 4 to 5 lac range.

The Active is brilliantly priced for what it offers. Sure, the engine is detuned (8 PS less with the same torque), it gets skinnier tyres, the older bumper and non-LED tail-lamps, fixed front headrests, skips some goodies of the new Micra and loses the NVH package. The positives are the increased fuel efficiency (at least in test conditions) and the better colour palette for the interiors (the new design of the facelifted Micra is fresher though).

With the basic variant with A/C, tinted glasses, power (& tilt) steering and body coloured bumpers costing just over Rs. 4 lacs on-road in most places, it is a great deal. One gets a spacious hatch with a reasonable boot size and a 1.2 litre engine for the price of hatches with 0.8 to 1.1 litre engines.

And it's great that the cost-cutting done by Nissan is not extreme at all. The additional NVH package is gone, but Nissan has thankfully NOT skimped on the crucial rubber beadings/weather strips for the doors, windshield and on the roof - unlike one famous Japanese marque. Even the door handles on the inside and out use the same pull-type design as on the regular Micra. All interior parts are of the same good quality I believe, but merely have a different finish. And it's great that they offer ABS with EBD & BA and two airbags on the top variant, along with the larger wheels (and tyres) necessitated by the ABS kit. Thoughtful execution by Nissan, who are finally looking at becoming a serious volumes player in the league of Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai. They need to expand and improve their sales and service network though.

I believe the Micra Active variant family is a stop-gap arrangement by Nissan to get volumes until the Datsun models start arriving from the next year. Indeed, I believe the Micra Active is basically the Datsun K2 in disguise! It's obvious from the sketches that the K2 is based on the current V platform that underpins the Micra, Renault Pulse and the Micra Active, with some modifications. Even the detuned 1.2 litre petrol engine is going to be the same that will power the first Datsun. Once the Datsun K2 gets rolling from the middle of next year, Nissan would probably stop the Micra Active, since the K2 would basically be a completely facelifted version of the same car.

Datsun K2, Nissan Micra/Micra Active & Renault Pulse - three different cars from three different marques, sharing the same platform, engines and gearboxes. Contrary to what many think, I believe this is a brilliant strategy by the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Modern cars are highly complex, difficult and expensive to develop from scratch and sharing/brand-engineering is the way forward. It also leverages economies of scale, ultimately benefitting the customers. It's already common and very successful in Europe and all other developed markets. Just take a look at the Toyota Aygo/Peugeot 107/Citröen C1 trio or the Fiat 500/Ford Ka duo etc. among so many others. As the Indian market matures rapidly and the country becomes one of the auto-manufacturing and exporting hubs of the world, this thing will become more and more common and popular!

Last edited by RSR : 4th July 2013 at 21:56.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 23:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Micra Nismo may come to India

Quote:
Nissan Micra Nismo may come to India. Expected to get a sporty body kit, 114bhp 1.5-litre petrol engine and Rs 8-9 lakh price tag.
Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/News/349...r-india.aspx/0

So after the Polo GT TSi and the Liva TRD it may be the Micra Nismo and whatever happened to Abarth which was to be launched in June. It shall be interesting to see Suzuki's 'hot' hatchback offering...or wait, they already launched the Swift RS
S2!!! is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Maruti will never venture in the Hot Hatch segment I feel. They do not have the credentials and appeal to make numbers in such a segment. Maruti sticks to its proven formula and hence has not been able to succeed outside their comfort zone. (read Hot Hatch / SUV and other higher segments)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks