Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 13:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs

The Active is not available in the Diesel Variant? Well then what good will that do for the volumes. 8/10 Micra's I have seen are diesels. The original Micra was anyway overpriced, the diesel even more so due to the inherent pricing mechanisms of diesel being priced higher than petrol. A killer strategy would have been to launch the Active in both petrol and diesel guises. At this lower price point of around 4.5 lakhs, it would have found a lot of takers. By just launching the petrol, all they are doing is pushing out the original Micra.

By my reckoning, i can estimate the following; 7/10 original Diesel Micras, 2/10 Active Petrol Micra's, 1/10 original petrol Micra's
Old 5th July 2013, 21:32   #32
BHPian

Maybe I'm an exception... I found eon having great driver seating comfort and ergonomics among all hatches including micra. BTW, I test drove from nano to i20. If folks are looking at a second car purely for city use, with single occupancy atleast 95% of time, do evaluate eon. I found it best.
Old 6th July 2013, 03:31   #33
BHPian

Too little too late.

The point being i10 irde2 engine is very responsive with decent low end torque. It is a very well established model with good ASS and fuel economy not to mention resale value.

Alto k10 after discounts is also a highly attractive proposition with great power to weight ratio, great fuel efficiency, Maruti ASS, reliability and resale value.

Wagon R is the segment best seller which a highly practical fuel efficient and reliable work horse not mention the Maruti Badge.

Chevrolet Beat Petrol and Figo petrol are the ones which are Micra Active's real competitors in my honest opinion.

I would be massively surprised if Micra active made any negative impression on the sales of the likes of i10, Alto K10 and Wagon R.
Old 6th July 2013, 10:35   #34
BHPian

I think Micra Active top-end model with safety package at 4.71 is a great VFM. It undercuts i10 Asta by 60-70K i think. With exception of Figo, it is one size larger than most of the models it is competing with.
Old 6th July 2013, 12:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Too little too late.

I would be massively surprised if Micra active made any negative impression on the sales of the likes of i10, Alto K10 and Wagon R.
You may be right. It may not dent sales of i10, Alto or Wegon R.
But is definitely very good attempt to enter and understand the market pulse of volume segment prior to Datsun launch.

And pricing indeed is very competitive & VFM.
Old 6th July 2013, 20:58   #36
BHPian

Wow, this is the perfect example of customers benefitting due to the great pricing as result of too many players. The competition gets even tougher now with Micra being in the pricing territory of Alto k10 and spark. I hope they spruce up their customer care and services facilities. For better service coverage, I think Renault and Nissan can think of starting combined service facilities for Micra / Pulse and Sunny / Scala. But before that they will have to use Tata/Fiat as a case study and make sure that they don't repeat the same mistakes made by Tata /Fiat
Old 7th July 2013, 00:05   #37
BHPian

Well how much is this Active base version costing in Bangalore OTR? has anybody verified it yet? Considering it is manufactured in Chennai it should cost less ex-showroom in Bangalore than in Delhi, less freight etc, unless off course our greedy government wants more taxes just to make sure they have enough of our money to splurge on themselves.
Old 7th July 2013, 19:06   #38
jpm
BHPian

Brilliant move by Nissan. Shed its effeminate looks with the aggressive bumper, smoked the headlamps as is du jour and then some with killer pricing.

As a recent buyer, I am slightly disappointed that my 6 month old car looks ancient now along with the fact that the current exclusivity, that I enjoy in my town; with its grand population of about five Nissan Micras (it may only be 4 actually) - may indeed be lost.

However, the Micra is such an over-competent but under-appreciated little gem that it deserves much wider success than it currently has. So, Way to go Nissan with the Active!

I dont see the facelifted Micra selling anyways. And as for the dashboard, I chose a lower XL variant purely for its black interiors.
Old 8th July 2013, 17:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Why is the Micra Active not available in diesel, Nissan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1. No doubt about that. would have loved to see them launch it in diesel avataar too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
The Active is not available in the Diesel Variant?
As per latest report by Mr. Kenichiro Yomura, President and CEO Nissan Motor India the Low Cost Nissan Micra Active Diesel is under consideration

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/n...e-diesel-86011
Old 8th July 2013, 18:36   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
As per latest report by Mr. Kenichiro Yomura, President and CEO Nissan Motor India the Low Cost Nissan Micra Active Diesel is under consideration
Excellent news. But they need to act on it soon before someone else jumps in and takes away the pie. Or the diesel pricing fiasco is solved and diesel fails to stay the preferred fuel. A diesel variant priced at 4.5-5.7 L ( added 1 lac to the petrol variant) would be a serious threat to the likes of Ritz, Beat and Figo.
Old 8th July 2013, 20:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Excellent news. But they need to act on it soon before someone else jumps in and takes away the pie. Or the diesel pricing fiasco is solved and diesel fails to stay the preferred fuel. A diesel variant priced at 4.5-5.7 L ( added 1 lac to the petrol variant) would be a serious threat to the likes of Ritz, Beat and Figo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I had just been from the launch of the new Nissan Micra at my place and happened to talk to a nice senior guy who is from the top management of the dealer. I raised the same question and his immediate reply was 3 months. It is planned along with the Active, but will take some time. Nothing else, he did not shy away form the question or did not waste a second to think of making up an answer.

Pricing - expected to be ~70k more than the petrol Active. He quoted a ball park figure of 4.5 lac OTR in Kerala.

OT: I really liked this guy. He spent a long time with me, showing me around the car, talking about Nissan in the Indian market, their future direction, their dealership with Porsche and Scania in Kerala starting soon, upcoming Nissan dealerships in Kerala and about Hover. I read from his talk that many dealers are not that happy with Hover and are waiting for another 2 years when the contract with Hover ends. They are also happy with the recent changes at the helm of affairs at Nissan India.

EDIT: I was surprised to note that the Active version unveiled at the showroom not having the new bumpers of the Active. It was the same old model with only the headlamps blackened. The sales exec told that the new sporty bumper does not feature on the lowest 2 variants.

Last edited by thoma : 8th July 2013 at 20:41.
thoma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 08:36   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
You may be right. It may not dent sales of i10, Alto or Wegon R.
But is definitely very good attempt to enter and understand the market pulse of volume segment prior to Datsun launch.

And pricing indeed is very competitive & VFM.
The safety variant of Nissan Active is very attractively priced and is a good step in focusing on affordable car safety to consumers. The concern is on service support of Nissan but this is a value buy for customers in cities with a decent service support. At this price the Active Safety competes with Ford Figo Petrol Titanium and can push it down a bit.
Old 10th July 2013, 09:55   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan to bring a diesel powered Micra Active!

http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...ys-report/4422
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 10:05   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Sometimes makes me wonder when will the car makers in India get really aggressive and bold? For instance what is holding Nissan back from launching the Diesel variant from day 1 itself. After 3 months if this car would not sell much then the diesel variant would already stand at a huge disadvantage as it would have to fight out the negative image of the car already. A lot of customers would be opting for the Ritz diesel, Figo diesel and Beat diesel and would have possibly taken an interest in the Micra Active diesel too given the overall spacious interiors and a decent brand image in the market.

BTW what would be the specifications of the diesel engine for this car? The 1.5 L engine is a proven one and has a good image in the market. Also the fact that it might look better than the competition's specifications in terms of engine capacity which might sway some customers in Micra's favour.
Old 10th July 2013, 11:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I had just been from the launch of the new Nissan Micra at my place and happened to talk to a nice senior guy who is from the top management of the dealer. I raised the same question and his immediate reply was 3 months. It is planned along with the Active, but will take some time. Nothing else, he did not shy away form the question or did not waste a second to think of making up an answer.

Pricing - expected to be ~70k more than the petrol Active. He quoted a ball park figure of 4.5 lac OTR in Kerala.
Could it be that the diesel Active will come with a lower power output of 68 PS* as in Verito? If it were the 85 PS version, I guess the price difference would exceed 70k, possibly reaching 1L. Also, 68 PS version will help Nissan keep the Active away from facelifted Micra in terms of pricing. The added onus on Nissan would be homologation, but I am sure there is enough market for 68 PS Micra Active to justify the homologation expenses.

* - I am not too sure about the power rating

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks