Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 12:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Could it be that the diesel Active will come with a lower power output of 68 PS* as in Verito? If it were the 85 PS version, I guess the price difference would exceed 70k, possibly reaching 1L.
The K9K engine on the Micra is already tuned to 68PS as in the Verito and the Pulse.

I really doubt if an engine can be still brought down on power and increasing the FE, unless they remove a cylinder. Yeah, I have no clue on how Nissan positions the Active diesel along with the facelift diesel lower variants. Maybe it will be a bare-bone Micra Active for the diesel, but stripping out everything too will not sell. Or maybe they have to discontinue the recently launched diesel versions and keep just the XVD and XVD Premium along with the Active D.

Or give the new facelift diesels a 85PS tune?

Last edited by thoma : 10th July 2013 at 12:04.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 12:21   #47
BHPian

Just a small correction. The K9K in verito and pulse looks to be tuned to 65PS and 64PS.
Reference to the respective website: http://www.renault.co.in/cars/pulse/specifications.html
http://mahindraverito.com/verito-specs.aspx

Request to Mods. Please edit this post if you think we don't need the reference links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Maybe it will be a bare-bone Micra Active for the diesel, but stripping out everything too will not sell.
How about a micra active diesel for cab? They can come up with a bare minimum model with a diesel engine to cover the cab market with probably a different name (ex-showroom may be around 5L) to distinguish between cabbies and individual buyers.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th July 2013 at 12:42. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 10th July 2013, 12:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
How about a micra active diesel for cab? They can come up with a bare minimum model with a diesel engine to cover the cab market with probably a different name (ex-showroom may be around 5L) to distinguish between cabbies and individual buyers.
It is all about how the company wants to position the product. Active diesel should start at 4.2L ex-showroom, as per my info.

In my opinion, a cab version will pose huge threat to the Indica (are Indicas still being sold hot in the taxi market?) and the Vista (adv Vista are rear seat cushioning?, ground clearance, sheet metal thickness which adds to solid feel? and number of ASCs). Advantage Micra are mainly reliability, lower running costs and newer design. EDIT: And the Vibe, I forgot about it. The Vibe with 330L bootspace seems to be a stiff competitor in the hatchback taxi market.

Quote:
The K9K in verito and pulse looks to be tuned to 65PS and 64PS.
Okay, what I meant was approximate figures, not specifics. The K9K generally comes in 3 tunes in India - 65 hp, 85 hp and 110 hp. The post was to state that the Micra already comes in the lowest state of tune and not in the 85 hp range.

Last edited by thoma : 10th July 2013 at 13:10.
Old 11th July 2013, 19:28   #49
BHPian

No youtube reviews for the Active except the launch ones. Can anyone who visited dealerships post their first impressions? Pics would be appreciated
Old 12th July 2013, 14:01   #50
BHPian

Just got off the call from the dealer. Last week they had told me the test drive car will be available this week. Tried calling them this week, they say that there is no difference between old micra and micra active and they could send the old micra for the test drive. I told them that engine is de-tuned, so I want to test drive the active itself. It was almost like he wasn't aware of it.
Old 12th July 2013, 14:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Yep, even i had asked for the TD of Micra active and the dealer sent the old micra. He said there are cars for display - both Active and the new one. But TD vehicles will take time.
Old 13th July 2013, 14:29   #52
BHPian

Went to the dealer in my town. There I saw a heavy truckload of about 20 New Micras and more than 20 Active Micras. The Sports bumper is ONLY available in the XV trims. I checked out a XL trim car and it did not have it. I had a brief look at the Active and the quality is top notch. Seriously a big hit for the cars from Maruti's stables.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 17:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Went to the dealer in my town. There I saw a heavy truckload of about 20 New Micras and more than 20 Active Micras. The Sports bumper is ONLY available in the XV trims. I checked out a XL trim car and it did not have it. I had a brief look at the Active and the quality is top notch. Seriously a big hit for the cars from Maruti's stables.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Is this sporty bumper on XV the same as that of the facelift Micra?
nvssudheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 17:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Is this sporty bumper on XV the same as that of the facelift Micra?
The sports bumper is different. Attached is a pic for reference.
The normal bumper is the same as the old Micra. All the variants of the Active get smoked HLs.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-168513nissanmicraactivexvpicturelarge.jpg  

Old 13th July 2013, 19:48   #55
BHPian

Very strange that the new Micra is not available in XV trim. One would think that those who want the newer version will also prefer the premium additions.

I would prefer the new Micra petrol as it has more BHP than the Active version & would like an XV trim with all the additions.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 18:51   #56
BHPian

The only problem i see is 154 mm ground clearance. Wifey has micra and the car bottom has really hit most of the irregular bangalore humps. Guess, they are not bothered about the indian conditions and want to just focus on their exports.
Old 15th July 2013, 13:31   #57
BHPian

Have they started bookings? When are the deliveries expected? Visited Ichiban Nissan dealer in Mumbai. They have no clue when the model car arrives. They do not have an Active even for display.
Old 22nd July 2013, 00:15   #58
BHPian

Had a chance to test drive the micra active and came back impressed. I think it is priced very well now.
For Little over 4L ex showroom, its equipped with Central locking/keyless entry/adjustable rear seat head restraints/Speed sensitive autolock.
The interiors are top notch for the price. My dad drove the car and found it very comfortable too. I'd say a great choice for senior folks and a second car. The car is very easy to drive and power is reasonably adequate for sedate use. The main grouse of the rear seat remains. It is narrow and the thigh support is a bit of a problem.

Here are some images I clicked during the test drive.
They are more focussed on the interiors since the exterior is nearly identical to the older micra.

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-img2013072000254.jpg

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-img2013072000255.jpg

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-img2013072000256.jpg

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-img2013072000257.jpg

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-img2013072000258.jpg

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-img2013072000259.jpg

Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs-img2013072000252.jpg

The extra charges on accessories/handling charges which brings the onroad close to 5 in Bangalore.
That is too close to Honda E (MT). Will test drive that too before making a decision.

Last edited by kvish : 22nd July 2013 at 00:18.
kvish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Had a chance to test drive the micra active and came back impressed. I think it is priced very well now.
For Little over 4L ex showroom, its equipped with Central locking/keyless entry/adjustable rear seat head restraints/Speed sensitive autolock.

The extra charges on accessories/handling charges which brings the onroad close to 5 in Bangalore.
That is too close to Honda E (MT). Will test drive that too before making a decision.
Which variant of the Active are you considering, XL I guess, with no audio and speakers?
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:13   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Which variant of the Active are you considering, XL I guess, with no audio and speakers?
Yes, it is the xl variant without the music system. The XV comes with music system and all 4 power windows. Thats another 40k more.
kvish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks