Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 10:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Launches Chrome Edition Innova

This is the silliest ever limited edition launched in the Indian market.

I couldn't stop laughing when I tried to visualise the Toyota conference room where the top guns met to decide this limited edition and what to call it.

PS: That chrome on wheel arch is
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 10:47   #17
BHPian

OK Toyota ,congratulations on the 4 lakhs happy Innova customers!

IMO, innova era is close to gone!

Decade old Scorpio still sells more , and the year old duster too. Ertiga figures are high as well.And now we have the Eco-Sports.

Looking at the public attraction towards the Eco-sports and the Duster.How about getting in the RAV4 now?
Old 4th July 2013, 11:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

The chrome handles on my previous Corolla lasted nearly 10 years without a fade. Solid built.

Good move Toyota...
Old 4th July 2013, 11:12   #19
BHPian

Now, this is disgusting. It's time for Toyota to stop doing these silly tricks and still try to sell that out-dated product. They've sold enough in all these years. Why can't they replace this model with RAV4 or some other SUV?

Agree that they are priced a bit higher, but they can trim down some features and launch it in India right?
Old 4th July 2013, 13:32   #20
BHPian

Hideous! just feel like throwing up looking at it...what was Toyota thinking? guess they weren't thinking at all.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

When I read the title of the thread, I really thought that Toyota did a chrome wrap job on the Innova!!

Sadly, almost all of the 'limited editions' we get in India are such sad half-arsed jobs with some stick-on accessories. Even if a lakh or two more expensive, wish someone launched a real 'hotter performance' limited edition for the enthusiasts.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:20   #22
BHPian

Toyotas eureka moment for innova = Daftest idea !!!!! With all the excitement in the auto industry tilting towards compact personal utility vehicles, with significant features that add up to a formidable package, how can we get a few more sales from our mpv .....well lets add some chrome on. It doesn't matter that informed people wouldn't give two hoots about the chrome, they are a small number compared to the majority of gullible Indians. After all who cares what's under the boot ? .Well here at team bhp we do, try and crome that !
Old 4th July 2013, 14:24   #23
BHPian

This is really stupid! I thought someone was pulling a fast one here. But they are actually launching a chrome edition

However, considering the amount of after-market chrome additions made by the customers, I guess this will be a hit.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:30   #24
BHPian

I just bought an Innova a month back, when i saw the title i thought to myself great a limited edition why dint i wait for a month. I opened the thread and i am so glad i bought mine before this was launched as i would have punched the face of the sales guy if he would have tried to sell me this limited edition .

I so wish there was some way in which we could have invited the decision makers of these manufacturers on our forum for a discussion, i would have actually wanted to know what were they smoking when they took this decision. Whatever they were smoking did work.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:31   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualManuel View Post
However, considering the amount of after-market chrome additions made by the customers, I guess this will be a hit.

Chrome accessories would easily be highest selling, be it in any model of Toyota range.

Indeed a smart move by Toyota, giving customers what they want & as per the market demand (Masses)

Now if only they could give a proper TRD for the enthusiast community too

PS - They should have used a different shade other than the grey used in the ad, May be Black or White would have been ideal to showcase the chrome bits, Grey definitely is out of place.

Last edited by karan561 : 4th July 2013 at 14:35.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Chrome accessories would easily be highest selling, be it in any model of Toyota range.

Indeed a smart move by Toyota, giving customers what they want & as per the market demand (Masses)

Now if only they could give a proper TRD for the enthusiast community too

PS - They should have used a different shade other than the grey used in the ad, May be Black or White would have been ideal to showcase the chrome bits, Grey definitely is out of place.
Karan for someone who wants to accessorize his Innova with chrome he could and he will anyways get it done from an outside accessory shop at a fraction of the cost that I am sure Toyota would charge for this edition. At least Toyota could have been more innovative. This to me seems like they had excess stock of chrome parts in their accessory division and thought of coming out with this edition to get rid of the stock.

They do not sell the Innova in black anymore and white is available only on the lower variants and not on the V variant.
vvb8530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 14:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Innova sales are under pressure. They have been running half page adverts in the newspaper i subscribe, since almost a month, proclaiming handsome exchange deals and benefits worth 30k associated with every Innova purchase.

This edition in my opinion is also a response, no matter how stupid, to try ease the pressure.

Aside, can anyone guide me, how to convert the chrome on the wheel arch to mat black plastic finish? Is it even possible?
Old 4th July 2013, 15:09   #28
BHPian

First they botch the Innova's facelift and now this. The local accessory wallah can easily make a regular Innova into this "special edition" one. Looks like toyota is going the Maruti route for releasing limited editions. (can't even recall how many 'special edition' versions of the 800 was released)

Last edited by Games Goblin : 4th July 2013 at 15:11.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:10   #29
BHPian

If they would have stuck to chrome door handles, front grill in chrome, bumper corner protect with chrome inserts and just put a chrome strip at the bottom of the rear door and get rid of the chrome surrounding the rear number plate and "Innova" written in chrome, it would have looked good IMO.

The side turn lamp cover, ORVM covers, and the most pathetic of all, the wheel arc moulding in chrome is just going on a "Chrome Overdose" and looks awfully bling-bling!

Good they didn't come up with something like headlights and tail lights having a chrome strip running around them which can be seen in some Innovas who get it done after-market, or some graphics around the body that too in chrome! -_-

-Bhargav
Old 4th July 2013, 15:29   #30
BHPian

I would have preferred a long panoramic sun roof, this would a real value add, they could even charge a bit extra, but still would have made sense. Now, your daily car wash guy is going ask 100 more to keep the shine on all the extra chrome.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks