Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 15:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Launches Chrome Edition Innova

So this shiny piece of metal comes at the same price, or is there is a special inflated price for fixing all those chrome ?
(Just like a whooping 25k for stupid stickers and colours on Swift)

Too much of chrome looks gross. Given a choice, I would ask the dealer to remove all the chrome parts and give them to me as accessories so that I can fit them as and when some worms get into my head.

But like many of our members said above, the Apocalypse of the Innova is near.
Its dying a slow death like the Qualis. Hope Toyota beings in some new product before the Innova dies out.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Karan for someone who wants to accessorize his Innova with chrome he could and he will anyways get it done from an outside accessory shop at a fraction of the cost that I am sure Toyota would charge for this edition. At least Toyota could have been more innovative. This to me seems like they had excess stock of chrome parts in their accessory division and thought of coming out with this edition to get rid of the stock.
True, but factory fitted limited/anniversary editions have always been doing good for Toyota right from the Qualis to the Fortuner. As customers are willing to pay the exclusivity price & when something named as "chrome" people will surely not want to give it a miss.

Quote:
They do not sell the Innova in black anymore and white is available only on the lower variants and not on the V variant.
Oops, i hadn't had a track on that one
Old 4th July 2013, 15:36   #33
BHPian

Toyota should have named this the "BAPPI LAHIRI" edition to get even more eyeballs.
Secondly, the chrome wheel arches are just too old. I still remember people used to put them on the old Maruti 800's, Omni's and Ambassadors. Those were in fashion more than 15 years ago if my memory serves me right.

In a nutshell, a pathetic job done by a company desperate to increase it sales but refuses to work hard.
captain.torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 15:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sick ride, says Snoop Dogg!
AyAn! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 16:26   #35
BHPian

Yes exactly. I think they already will have a Innova successor up their sleeve, just milking it to the end. Said that, I think Aria really lost the plot by not pricing it somewhere behind Innova
Old 4th July 2013, 16:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
True, but factory fitted limited/anniversary editions have always been doing good for Toyota right from the Qualis to the Fortuner. As customers are willing to pay the exclusivity price & when something named as "chrome" people will surely not want to give it a miss.

Oops, i hadn't had a track on that one
The limited edition Qualis was actually good and had some major additions including alloys as compared to the normal Qualis which appealed to the non taxi/ tourist vehicle buying janta as it looked a bit elegant and had an executive feel. In this case the Innova V variant already exists and gives that sort of exclusivity so just adding chrome bits here and there and demanding extra money for it is just taking the Indian customers (who for some godforsaken reason love bling) for a ride.

If they would have even come up with a different special edition colour with the chrome bits like they did with the qualis i would have appreciated it. Personally I would have loved one in black since all the cars in our garage are black.

Was there a limited edition fortuner? Cant remember.
Old 4th July 2013, 16:52   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was there a limited edition fortuner? Cant remember.
Yes 2 already

Namely the Fortuner Anniversary Edition (IIRC was launched on 1st Anniversary) & then came in the Fortuner TRD Sportivo
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 17:06   #38
BHPian

All you chrome haters, move aside!!

Toyota is going down this route
Toyota Launches Chrome Edition Innova-db9banner.jpg

Now imagine a full chrome Innova or a Swift or a Wagon R and be happy that Toyota did not see this picture in that board meeting
Old 4th July 2013, 17:50   #39
BHPian

This is sad, really sad.
Reflects the taste of a lot of Indian car buyers. I'm sure this Limited Edition will be lapped up.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:22   #40
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A factory pimped up option. A bit like the super decked up fortuners that we get to see at times.

Works in India though.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:44   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this is not factory fitted, but a kit available as accessories. "The chrome kit will be sold as an accessory pack at Toyota dealers across the country, and is priced at 31,000 rupees" So, customer has an option to ignore this kit totally if they are not interested. Nothing to worry for the prospective innova customers at least.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 19:49   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Kudos to Toyota.

Atleast for calling it what it is. If Maruti were to launch a similar contraption of the Ertiga, am sure, it would be named some sport/luxury/prime etc. So, in a way, Toyota is clearly telling you what to expect!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 22:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
.How about getting in the RAV4 now?
Exactly. What's keeping the R&D dept and think tanks at Toyota from getting the RAV4 and other products here. They have such a huge line up across the world and for Indian markets its the same old wine in a re sticker-ed bottle

I just hope the next special edition of the fortuner will get rear disc breaks at least

-Sajan
Old 4th July 2013, 22:41   #44
BHPian

By launching such chrome editions there's going to be more thefts of chrome in the market. Not only would the road side dealers get these stolen items, Toyota will benefit more in the spare parts sales of chrome fixtures. It's trying to earn now in selling spare parts and make up for its losses!
Old 6th July 2013, 13:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Haven't you seen Suzuki Swift Dzire, Honda Amaze, Quanto, Etios, Liva, Verito, etc. to judge the taste of Indian car buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
This is sad, really sad.
Reflects the taste of a lot of Indian car buyers. I'm sure this Limited Edition will be lapped up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks