Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 15:55   #46
BHPian

Re: Opinions about Maruti's Driving School :

Hi,

My wife wants to drive by herself and conquer the Bangalore roads. I'm reluctant to let her drive but she insists on doing it. She is a beginner although she had taken some lessons from a local driving school a few years ago but she has not driven since then.

After reading some of the reviews here i'm thinking of putting her to MDS. Can someone pls point me to better MDSs around the Sarjapur Road- Koramangala area.

Thanks for any inputs
Old 11th February 2013, 17:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Hi,

My wife wants to drive by herself and conquer the Bangalore roads. I'm reluctant to let her drive but she insists on doing it. She is a beginner although she had taken some lessons from a local driving school a few years ago but she has not driven since then.

After reading some of the reviews here i'm thinking of putting her to MDS. Can someone pls point me to better MDSs around the Sarjapur Road- Koramangala area.

Thanks for any inputs
If you really want to buy one for your wife....buy this as a valentine gift. I hear there is a 20% flat off on MDS course entire february as a valentine item.
Old 12th February 2013, 22:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Hi,
Can someone pls point me to better MDSs around the Sarjapur Road- Koramangala area.

Thanks for any inputs
MY wife started her classes at HSR Layout Pratham motors, so far so good. There is a branch in Pratham motors ORR as well.

I wasn't aware of the Valentines day offer, but those people asked me which company I work for and gave me a good 'corporate' discount. I gave my ID card copy as proof. Let me try if I can get the Valentines day offer as well

With the corporate discount alone, their price came just below of what other driving schools in HSR/Koramangala quoted.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 00:55   #49
BHPian

I guess MDS has turned into a wives club of sorts!! My misses enrolled in the Kotivakkam branch here in Chennai. Fees collected was Rs. 3300/-. Experience has been pretty good till now.

I would certainly recommend MDS over other driving schools, despite being double the cost of others.
Old 13th February 2013, 13:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I guess MDS has turned into a wives club of sorts!! My misses enrolled in the Kotivakkam branch here in Chennai. Fees collected was Rs. 3300/-. Experience has been pretty good till now.

I would certainly recommend MDS over other driving schools, despite being double the cost of others.
My wifey did in MDS too!

Cost, is worth it. They teach what other guys don't. For e.g. they make you change tyre or teach on engine internals.. result: enormous student confidence!
Old 13th February 2013, 14:03   #51
BHPian

My Wifey is currently learning at one at Indira Nagar. There is 20% discount going on for MNC employees. You or your partner can be the MNC employee to avail the discount.
PC77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 11:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

I think what separates MDS from your usual driving school is the documentation supplied + the simulation part. A few of my colleagues learnt driving at the MDS on OMR (at Perungudi which has since moved to some other place) and one thing that I noticed is that the accompanying printed matter and CDs had lots of information on rules, driving etiquette etc. Infact if this were to be religiously drilled into us when learning driving, we would not have the chaos that we see on the roads today.
Old 20th February 2013, 14:56   #53
BHPian

i had recommended this for my Wife and must say the experience had been nice, further to this i recommended MDS to a colleague of mine and he was also of the same opinion that the extra penny is worth the learning and behaviour of the trainers and vehicle condition.
Old 20th February 2013, 15:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

I pretty much lost respect for the MDS when they instructed my wife, to mandatorily press C before B. Always! Then they lost my respect, when they told her not to quickly turn her head to see through the blind spot behind the C pillar, and the vehicle had no LHS Rear-view mirror.
But, that apart, I guess they are still amongst the best options available in India. The local ones, are far far worse.

And, one word for the simulator - Crap!
Old 20th February 2013, 16:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

I too am thinking about enrolling my wife in the Maruti MDS here at Trivandrum. Does anyone have any review of sorts for their franchisee here? She already has a licence but needs a refresher course.
Old 21st May 2013, 17:25   #56

During reading a review of Wagon R by thinkanddrive - I directed to this thread and came to know all about this MDS. So being complete noob about driving (Car Only) I decided to approach one of them and surprisingly found there is one near my home with adjoining new Maruti Showroom which open 2 year ago.

I contacted via website and they callback, I got the offer is following...let me know if these are decent enough.

1.If I enroll May I will be eligible for discount and course will start June 5th.

Course Fee 3933/- for single person, If I take a family member eligible for discount which in that case course fee will be 3600/- for each person.

If I not booked this month course fee will be 4566/- per person.

2.For permanent Driving License fee 1500/- extra (not included in the fee) after completing the course, they provide the Car during Test at MV department and personel from MDS assist during the finale.

3. Course will be flexible at my choice of time - If I missed or go to a vacation they adjust the missed class/session afterwords - but I need to inform before hand. Though whole activity (from joining day to getting permanent driving licence) must be complete in duration of 6 months.

4. Class Session - 4 days a week - Sat/Sun available - 1 hour class.

Please let me know this is a good deal or I'm ripped off ?

Location - Kolkata - Dealer - Premiere Car World.
Old 21st May 2013, 22:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel2007 View Post

1.If I enroll May I will be eligible for discount and course will start June 5th.

Course Fee 3933/- for single person, If I take a family member eligible for discount which in that case course fee will be 3600/- for each person.

If I not booked this month course fee will be 4566/- per person.
I think this one month only discount is just to lure you to enroll quickly and most probably the fee would remain same later as well.So,if you are not in a hurry then don't buy their word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel2007 View Post
2.For permanent Driving License fee 1500/- extra (not included in the fee) after completing the course, they provide the Car during Test at MV department and personel from MDS assist during the finale.
The 1500 extra they are charging you is mostly for bribing or something.They are basically acting as touts so I would not recommend that and would suggest you try the legal way in the RTO.
Also,I don't think someone is allowed to assist you during the test but in India driving tests aren't really tests

Last edited by Marauder : 21st May 2013 at 22:16.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:09   #58
BANNED

My wife just got her DL from Mandovi Maruti Driving School.

Experience is very good. 1 Hours of driving mean complete 1 hour of driving. And yes they charge something for DL but the test is genuine one. My wife drove about 2 KMs with the RTO sitting in the passenger seat. The money is for the fact that they provide the car and she did not have to take the car for DL test.
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

An experience for my friend has been pretty bad!!!

- The training schedule is rigid and people with work commitments may find it difficult to adhere to. If you are late by say 20-30 mins, you are not allowed to take your lesson for the day.
- The assistance provided for Licence (LL & Permanent) is very very poor. The whole activity is outsourced to a Agent and thus no clear accountability is established. You have to keep calling and co-ordinating between different parties, none of which will have any interest in your task.

FYI: This was Bimal Auto, Indira Nagar, Bangalore.
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:48   #60

To Those members who took/completed (Or their Family/Friends/Colleague) the driving course at MDS,

Request;-

Is it possible for them to post a picture of the MDS's driving simulator here - Found some of them online but they don't look authentic.

Asking this because,once paid course fee ,It is not refundable and I doubt if I can't able to pass the simulator test/exam ? There is no further proceedings & stuck- No Future.

I want to know what I get into beforehand.

Last edited by neel2007 : 23rd May 2013 at 14:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks