Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2019, 20:38   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Opinions about Maruti's Driving School :

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
She already has a license, I need to get her to learn driving. She got her license 10 years back, but never drove after that and hence want her to start again. What are my options in Bangalore then?
I can put you onto the person who taught my daughter. Which part of Bangalore are you located?
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 16:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I can put you onto the person who taught my daughter. Which part of Bangalore are you located?
I am in EAST, near Kundalahalli
Old 5th December 2019, 23:27   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
What are my options in Bangalore then?
I learnt driving in Maruthi Bimal driving school located near Seetha circle, Bengaluru. This school has no lady instructors, however, the male staff are professional especially Mr Shivashankar.

I have to admit that I spent most time alone on simulator, however, I was fine with that. The theory classes were held over the weekends and ranged from basic introduction to the car to mechanics of the gears and engine. Good emphasis was placed on safety, road rage, common mistakes, traffic rules, sections for fine and on avoiding accident's.

The practical class was well structured and ended with change of tyres (that was tiring). They gradually progressed in the classes from making driving in a calm straight road, making simple turns, driving in less traffic and then moving to bumper to bumper traffic. Practicals included parallel and perpendicular parking.

I was getting about 10 minutes less in every practical class, they promised me 60 minutes. I reported that and they gave me an extra class at no additional cost to compensate for this. I took 5 extra class once I finished the program to increase my confidence.

The cons were:

The don't pick up from our office or home, we need to go there. Same for dropping as well.

It's expensive, but I felt it was worth it.

I came across 3 instructors during my training, so some methods do vary.
bpnpmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:39   #94
BHPian

Restarting an old thread on driving school options. My wife is keen to learn driving and if all goes well, she would like to own her own car starting next year around Feb.

Quick questions though:

1. Are there any driving schools that teach on automatics in Bangalore? She plans to get an automatic obviously.
2. Is Maruti driving worth the money?
3. She has no experience in driving anything, not even a cycle yet, so I am worried about the build up of traffic sense. How do we tackle that?
4. I stay near bommanhalli in bangalore, any good school suggestions?

Please do advise.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 12:41   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post

Quick questions though:

1. Are there any driving schools that teach on automatics in Bangalore? She plans to get an automatic obviously.
2. Is Maruti driving worth the money?
3. She has no experience in driving anything, not even a cycle yet, so I am worried about the build up of traffic sense. How do we tackle that?

Please do advise.
Pinging this thread for advice on good driving schools.

A friend of mine wants to learn driving in Bangalore (near Bellandur). He's already got a license but doesn't know how to drive. The requirements are exactly the same as in above post.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 18th September 2021, 11:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I have to get my son trained in driving 2 wheelers & 4 wheelers ( turned 18 today)

I remember some bad feedback about Maruti Driving School, HSR Layout sometime ago.

Is it still bad or any better?

What are the other recommended driving schools who service HSR layout?

I want him to actually learn driving and earn his DL. He has 2 months before college

Other questions: will they give their car for the test even if I use AASI to take care of the DL processes?

My Jazz is an automatic; can he use it for the DL?

How much should I expect to pay? Maruti is 7k for 21 hours. About 5 of those are theory/ simulator.

What do the others do?
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 15:28   #97
BANNED

Customized driving School

Dear mods, Please delete this post if found irrelevant and please move it to the corresponding thread. Highly appreciate everything you guys do to keep up such an amazing website.
Greetings dear BHPians,
My Elder sister, who has already got a license wants to gain confidence in driving a 4 wheeler, her in-laws want her to go to office in their second car, a 2013 Honda City CVT. She is here till the end of this month so this is considered as urgent.

I am looking for a driving school who will,
-Teach in an AUTOMATIC CAR
-Home Pick up and Drop
-Teaches according to her style

We have a SX4 at home, but its a manual and she stalls it frequently, thus need of an automatic car.

If there are any other methods, please mention it.

Most Viewed