Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 22:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport "Anniversary Edition" SUV

There is nothing worse than this.
Whats wrong with people at Mitsubishi? This Limited edition needs to enter the weird and whacky mod jobs thread.
The Pajero Sport is seriously a good car, But Mitsubishi is spoiling it with these pathetic limited editions and poor dealer network. If they really want the sales to go up, they should get the Pajero Sport Automatic. Price it well, improve their after sales network and they are good to go.
Wake up Mitsubishi. People have loads of expectation from the 'Pajero' brand. Dont disappoint them.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 10:17   #32
BHPian

Hi Asit, looks like you're very passionate about the Pajero Sport. Just curious to understand - why are you so upset with this new revision? In my understanding - Mitsu does a poor job of advertising (except for the Heart in Mouth rallies), so launching cosmetic changes is one way of keeping the interest levels up among us, so cant be a too bad thing?
Old 25th September 2014, 16:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport "Anniversary Edition" SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Hi Asit, looks like you're very passionate about the Pajero Sport. Just curious to understand - why are you so upset with this new revision? In my understanding - Mitsu does a poor job of advertising (except for the Heart in Mouth rallies), so launching cosmetic changes is one way of keeping the interest levels up among us, so cant be a too bad thing?

Seriously a dual tone paint job that too a red-white and yellow-white pattern is the last thing Mitsubishi should be doing to the Pajero Sport. If they really want to improve their sales they should first improve their service network and then the pricing. The Pajero is the best SUV in the 25-30lakh segment. It is comfortable, powerful and has good offroad capabilities too. Every person I know who was planning to get the Pajero had to let go off the plan as the dealer never had a test drive vehicle or the service center had some issues. Pajero's stock looks are good, but if Mitsubishi really wants to attract customers maybe they should give a sunroof and some optional body kit. These are things added with a good price can actually boost the Pajero sales. No way will the Pajero sell as good as the Fortuner because of its initial pricing and Mitsubishi's scarce dealer network.

Asit

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 25th September 2014 at 16:27.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 18:45   #34
BHPian

Well I couldn't agree more. The Pajero has some really nicely thought through engineering, no half measures. Also, interestingly, all the PS owners are diehard motor enthusiasts. I know - I just bought one myself! ;-)

I think Mitsu has done a good job with the product - nice revisions to the engine, body, comforts and do on in the Pajero Sport. The two tone is a customer demand, from the earlier Pajero SFX. Now if only they got really serious about their dealer network as well!
anshuman_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 15:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

A pajero is a pajero, the name suggests solidity, flexibility and reliability. 20+ yr old pajeros are still doing rounds without breaking too much sweat. As some of you have already stated below, unless one owns a pajero they will never know the true worth these SUVs bring to their owners. Have seen several pajeros in my family tree, not a single complaint till date with either the mechanicals or the elec-tricals/tronics. I always wished I could own one but somehow the wish hasnt manifested yet. I am on a lookout for a pre-worshipped Pajero Sport for my family, haven't been able to find one as yet. Saw a couple on sale in Tamil Nadu but the whole state transfer hazzle has kept me aloof. If nothing works, I may purchase one from another state and re-register. The total ownership cost after re-registration shouldn't exceed the value if I had bought one within my state, that is the goal...

Envy you Pajero Sport owners, if any here
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 12:13   #36
BHPian

Thanks wolf. Incidentally the Bangalore dealer is offering good deals,so have a look. PM me and I can share details. Cheers
Old 27th September 2014, 13:42   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks wolf. Incidentally the Bangalore dealer is offering good deals,so have a look. PM me and I can share details. Cheers
You do not have access to the PM feature just yet, so best to spill the beans on this thread
Old 27th September 2014, 13:55   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I may purchase one from another state and re-register. The total ownership cost after re-registration shouldn't exceed the value if I had bought one within my state, that is the goal...

Envy you Pajero Sport owners, if any here
I am a Pajero Sport owner and have done what Anshuman cannot, sent you a PM.
Quote:
PM me and I can share details.
Done that Anshuman.
Old 27th September 2014, 14:27   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I am a Pajero Sport owner and have done what Anshuman cannot, sent you a PM....
Cmon, rest of us also would like to know the deals please.

=======================

Heard from my friend that the Pajero Sport has issues with AC and some other problems too. Anybody aware of these? He said, 2-3 guys who bought the car sold it off and the issues were similar in nature.
Old 27th September 2014, 14:45   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Heard from my friend that the Pajero Sport has issues with AC and some other problems too. Anybody aware of these? He said, 2-3 guys who bought the car sold it off and the issues were similar in nature.
Chetak (My Pajero Sport) has covered 20k kms including a trip to the back of beyond of Ladakh, M.P, U.P. & a few hard to reach places in the Western Ghats and here is what I ve faced till date:

1. The fuel efficiency was amazingly consistent till he touched the 15k mark. 9.7-10 kmpl irrespective of the mode of travel or speeds. (120km in first gear or at 130kmph on 4 lane highways or trundling through Bangalore traffic.) I feel it should have been slightly higher. He now drives 10.7-11km per litre of saada diesel.

2. The Anniversary Edition comes with a dealer fitted 2DIN sound system and it is prone to rattling at times.

3. My initial set of front brake pads wore out at 19k kms. Too low, but then, I will monitor their life this time and expect to last for at least 30k kms.

I have never faced any other issues, be it the ac as mentioned by you, but I am aware of the fact that a few rear shock absorbers had leaked in a few vehicles from the first batch and they were replaced under warranty. I haven't faced a leak inspite of 4 passengers, 200 plus kg of luggage and fuel and no-roads of Marsimik La for example.

Last edited by manson : 29th September 2014 at 17:43. Reason: Indirect marketing. Detailed note sent via PM.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 22:45   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
...Chetak (My Pajero Sport) has covered 20k kms including a trip to the back of beyond of Ladakh, M.P, U.P. & a few hard to reach places in the Western Ghats and here is what I ve faced till date:...
So much happening and where is your thread?
Old 28th September 2014, 18:48   #42
BHPian

Just logged in to see much action on this thread.

I have been busy clicking pis - hopefully about to start a review thread soon. Incidentally, Dev, I read your review on the other site of the PS - mighty impressive. I will be quoting freely from your review when I write my piece!

Last edited by manson : 29th September 2014 at 17:44. Reason: Discussion of indirect marketing lead from above post #40
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks