Old 19th August 2013, 19:06   #46
BHPian

Personal experience of course. ten years since I first owned a FIAT

Palio 1.2 / 2.0L km
Linea 1.3 / 0.1L km
Old 19th August 2013, 20:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now

LOL, completely missed your signature. I too have a Tjet and in the 6600 + kms of ownership have experienced service centers in Kalyan, Thane and Dilli. Cannot find a fault with any of them in terms of workmanship, availability of spares, warranty replacements and sourcing of spares & accessories from the factory.

Infact my car was parked @ Balaji Thane for the better part of a month & during this period they even shifted their premises. Yet my Jet was well cared for & returned after carrying out all specified jobs in top notch condition. This was especially satisfying especially when compared to the condition that my City used to be returned after an overnight stay at the local service centers in Kalina, Chembur and Nerul.

I would recommend Balaji Thane for your servicing requirements, assuming of course that you have not been there already.

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-img20130218wa000.jpg

That's Mr. Wilson, the assistant service manager @ Balaji standing next to my Jet, clicked by fellow Tbhpian "Parimal" just before his flight back to Dilli in the Jet. Let me know if you need his contact details or you could drive in directly and give him the reference of either Parimal or the Bronzo Scuro Jet's driver/owner from Dilli. Dare I say that satisfaction is guaranteed with or without the references, just the way it should be

My other ride is a Mitsubishi and there again the service centers are fantastic. Have used them in Poona, Bombay and Dilli, no issues anywhere. An offshoot of low sales is more attention to individual rides. I therefore do not mind if FIAT cannot break the mass market code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit333 View Post
Personal experience of course. ten years since I first owned a FIAT

Palio 1.2 / 2.0L km
Linea 1.3 / 0.1L km
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 20:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea facelift caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The excise department has clarified that mere ground clearance is not the sole criteria for classification of a vehicle as SUV. Body & chassis style/type considered along with the various measurements will classify a given vehicle as SUV. Sedans were specifically mentioned as "not being SUVs" in the note.
Many Thanks.
Actually the clarification came after my post.

Still the pricing should be spot-on and hope Fiat improves the quality of materials.
Old 19th August 2013, 23:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
LOL, completely missed your signature. I too have a Tjet and in the 6600 + kms of ownership have experienced service centers in Kalyan, Thane and Dilli. Cannot find a fault with any of them in terms of workmanship, availability of spares, warranty replacements and sourcing of spares & accessories from the factory.

Infact my car was parked @ Balaji Thane for the better part of a month & during this period they even shifted their premises. Yet my Jet was well cared for & returned after carrying out all specified jobs in top notch condition. This was especially satisfying especially when compared to the condition that my City used to be returned after an overnight stay at the local service centers in Kalina, Chembur and Nerul.

I would recommend Balaji Thane for your servicing requirements, assuming of course that you have not been there already.

Attachment 1126994

That's Mr. Wilson, the assistant service manager @ Balaji standing next to my Jet, clicked by fellow Tbhpian "Parimal" just before his flight back to Dilli in the Jet. Let me know if you need his contact details or you could drive in directly and give him the reference of either Parimal or the Bronzo Scuro Jet's driver/owner from Dilli. Dare I say that satisfaction is guaranteed with or without the references, just the way it should be

My other ride is a Mitsubishi and there again the service centers are fantastic. Have used them in Poona, Bombay and Dilli, no issues anywhere. An offshoot of low sales is more attention to individual rides. I therefore do not mind if FIAT cannot break the mass market code.
Thanks for the detailed post! I was a regular at Shaman Auto whilst they were FIAT dealers. Post that have never found a good dealer. Fortune Powai had a team from Anuroop auto which also left after Tata - FIAT parted ways.

I am currently using services of Fortune Nerul. They have a decent team, some good body shop guys. But haven't found any service advisor who seems to know the car. They always treat FIAT cars in a step motherly manner. No professionalism at all. I heard recently that Balaji has started at Turbhe, Navi Mumbai. But wonder if a single dealer for Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane is a good idea! Too monopolostic.

As you rightly pointed out, I haven't visited Balaji except for their sales guys while scouting for a good deal for the Linea. The sales lady didn't know how to drive!!! And she was going to sell me the car!!!!! Their setup at Thane seems small. Also a friend of mine hasn't had a good experience with them. His < 1yr old 1.3 Emotion was having some issues with his 16" alloy wheels and the way they did the repair work was just too shabby!

I do however plan to try out Balaji Turbhe for my first free service. hoping for the best! Will meet Mr Wilson in case he's there.
Old 26th August 2013, 12:37   #50
BHPian

Heard from Vecto motors, Bangalore, that the new facelift will only be for the Diesel Linea. T-Jet he mentioned is doing well and that will continue to be the same. I am almost decided on the T-Jet, but would love to wait if the facelift is bought-over to the petrol model too. Anyone else confirming this? Thanks.
Old 27th August 2013, 00:13   #51
BHPian

Mohit - don't fret and try the balaji Thane and you will not regret... I have always taken my Punto there for servicing and he is a nice guy who know's his cars well. You can also give him my reference 7988 punto and he will recall. Its only because of the personalized attention that I got from Wilson that I am planning to switch back to FIAT from Chevy
Old 27th August 2013, 07:34   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hope they find a good vendor to produce good looking mudflaps atleast this time! Its sad to see all these beautiful cars running around with oversized and awkward looking after market flaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

Errr,this has already been fixed in the Absolute editions.
Those oversized flaps are long gone.I dont use Mudflaps in mine
I'm also running without mudflaps. At around the 46k mark, I don't see major disadvantages other than it being a pain to maintain.

The absolute edition mudflaps only look good, and are of not much use functionally.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I'm also running without mudflaps. At around the 46k mark, I don't see major disadvantages other than it being a pain to maintain.

The absolute edition mudflaps only look good, and are of not much use functionally.
81K without mudflaps
No issues since roads are pretty clean here.
Only pain being the odd cow dung cakes:(
Old 27th August 2013, 08:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Motorbash has published a set of interior spy shots of the Linea now. They had also tried to relate the findings to the euro spec Linea facelift which looks interesting. Here are the pics;

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea-3.jpg

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea-1.jpg

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea-2.jpg

Source: http://motorbash.com/exclusive-lets-...nea-interiors/
Old 27th August 2013, 13:40   #55
BHPian

more spy shots by uddavraj001 from team fiat forum member

different alloy wheel design
interior looks classy
5 speed gear box probably petrol version ?1.6MJD hope they bring it

http://motorbash.com/clearer-spyshot...oard-revealed/
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-newfiatlineafaceliftinteriors.jpg  

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-2014fiatlineafacelift2.jpg  

nskumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 14:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the test mule's photo and comparing it with the photo posted by khoj above, it seems like the front fenders, bonnet lid and head lamps will retain the size and shape from the original Linea. Doesn't it mean a customer can put old Linea's grille and front bumper on the new one, if she/he doesn't like the look of the facelift?
Old 27th August 2013, 14:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
T-Jet he mentioned is doing well and that will continue to be the same.
This is news to me! The Vecto guys seem completely ignorant of the sales numbers of Linea. You can furnish them with last month's sales figures on Linea from Team-BHP Car Sales report.

On a different note, it's possible that Diesel 1.6 is launched first, but face-lifted T-Jet should definitely come in by early 2014.
Old 27th August 2013, 14:30   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics Emerge.

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-0_0_0_70_http___i_haymarket_net_au_news_lineanewint2.jpg

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-0_0_0_70_http___i_haymarket_net_au_news_lineanewint.jpg

Source:ACI

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th August 2013 at 14:40.
Old 27th August 2013, 14:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More spy pics.

Attachment 1129922

Attachment 1129923

Source:ACI

Cheers!
Did Autocar post those as "spy pics"??? They seem like a straight lift from the FIAT Turkey website.
julupani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 14:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

The Achilles heel remains in the new dash.No space to store bottles
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks