Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 22:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskumar View Post
new linea 2014 with cruise control.see the image with white arrow
Well spotted. Here is another picture, where you can see the two stalks on the left side of the steering column. The top one is for the lights, while the bottom one is for the cruise control.

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-2014_fiat_linea19.jpg

BTW, for existing Linea owners, I think it may be possible for you to activate cruise control on your cars by just changing the combi-switch, adding a few wires and using the new Linea's steering column cover. I think the ECU already has the cruise control ability, its just the stalk and wires that is missing.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th August 2013 at 22:50. Reason: Photo deleted since it was not uploaded to team-bhp. Pls. note it is not permitted to post externally hosted pictures. Thanks
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 22:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Well spotted. Here is another picture, where you can see the two stalks on the left side of the steering column. The top one is for the lights, while the bottom one is for the cruise control.

BTW, for existing Linea owners, I think it may be possible for you to activate cruise control on your cars by just changing the combi-switch, adding a few wires and using the new Linea's steering column cover. I think the ECU already has the cruise control ability, its just the stalk and wires that is missing.
I know of a person who has activated it in his tjet

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th August 2013 at 22:49. Reason: quoted photo deleted since it was not uploaded to Team Bhp server.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:22   #78
Senior - BHPian

Cruise control is alive and kicking in the Linea TJet. A Tjet owner has gone ahead and installed it himself as a DIY project and here is the video link from you tube showing the same in action. In the video the accelerator pedal can be seen clearly without the driver's foot pressing down on it as the speedo needle holds steady at 80 Kmph.

If interested you guys could take a look at his thread in the Fiat specific forum here. The thread on this link explains the install process very clearly.

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...or-Linea-T-Jet

All pictures, videos and texts in the links above are properties of their respective copyright owners.

Last edited by khoj : 27th August 2013 at 23:24.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 23:35   #79
Team-BHP Support

I saw 2-3 camouflaged Lineas (I think the same ones) on the Pune-Nagar highway 2-weeks back. Could not take pictures as I was in a hurry to push way beyond Pune for the day. But immediately thought it would be the face lifted LInea.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:48   #80
BHPian

new design elements.hope they bring it in indian version.
Indoor lighting effect with night design as seen on linea sold in turkey.

night light guides on the dashboard and door handles, which make the indoor environment more comfortable and refined.

cool neon blue ambient lighting in punto sold in brazil
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-01.jpg  

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-nightlights.jpg  

Old 28th August 2013, 10:44   #81
BHPian

Mod team note: Post Edited. Please take time to review Post before Submitting and use proper punctuation. This will help improve the user experience for others.

Instrument cluster. New linea will come with amber backlighting.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-blueandme.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th August 2013 at 10:56.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskumar View Post
Instrument cluster. New linea will come with amber backlighting.
This definitely does not look like the one on the Turkish Linea at all. There are clear differences that you can see between the two. It may be of some FIAT but not the new Linea.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:28   #83
BHPian

Quote:
This definitely does not look like the one on the Turkish Linea at all. There are clear differences that you can see between the two. It may be of some FIAT but not the new Linea.

you are right julu.that reference image was taken from the brasilian fiat site with new punto black motion.
amazing punto with tjet
http://punto.fiat.com.br/#/tecnologia
Old 26th November 2013, 12:20   #84
BHPian

Was about to book a Punto 90hp in Chennai (RDC Motors AnnaNagar). When I enquired about next year's new model plan with the Representative, he said that the Linea 1.6 MJD is going to be launched this January.

He also told me that he has 5-6 bookings for the same(He even mentioned that some of them were T-Bhp members). Further, he went on to add the the Abarth will be launched by May. His words were, "First half of the year they are concentrating on the Linea and after that they will bring Abarth around May-June."

Has any other dealership given such news. Though the Representative seemed knowledgeable, I am very skeptical about the timelines he mentioned.
jvm_1986 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 12:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
Was about to book a Punto 90hp in Chennai (RDC Motors AnnaNagar). When I enquired about next year's new model plan with the Representative, he said that the Linea 1.6 MJD is going to be launched this January.

He also told me that he has 5-6 bookings for the same(He even mentioned that some of them were T-Bhp members). Further, he went on to add the the Abarth will be launched by May. His words were, "First half of the year they are concentrating on the Linea and after that they will bring Abarth around May-June."

Has any other dealership given such news. Though the Representative seemed knowledgeable, I am very skeptical about the timelines he mentioned.
Well, one can never really be sure about launch timelines.

But the timelines that he mentions are in line with the product launch plans that FIAT had announced earlier, ie a new Linea in early 2014, new Punto in late 2014. Many automotive news sites too have mentioned a Abarth or at least a powerful Punto in May-June with the new Punto styling, and the full range of new Puntos in time for the festive buying season in October.

I expect both the new Linea and new Punto to be showcased at the AutoExpo next year, with the Linea getting launched shortly after that. January seems a bit early though.

Overall, FIAT must have planned some exciting launches in the coming future, or else they would not have been able to create a network of 100 new independent dealerships.
julupani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 16:02   #86
BHPian

1.6 MJD is definitely on the cards just finger crossed and prayers going on with a hope that they will introduce in Jan 2014 release. Agree with JuluPani, they established 100 dealers in the span of 6months, they definitely have some big plans.
Old 26th November 2013, 16:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

Is there any consolidated news on this? Like a dealership training for the new 1.6 MJD? in any case, how much is the power and torque output of the 1.6L MJD?
Old 26th November 2013, 17:00   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
in any case, how much is the power and torque output of the 1.6L MJD?
Displacement - 1598 cc
Power - 105 PS (77 kW) @ 4000 rpm
Torque - 290 N·m (214 lb·ft) @1500 rpm
0–100*km/h - 11secs
Top speed - 190 km/h (118 mph)

Specs of the Linea's 1.6 MJD engine
praful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 17:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Displacement - 1598 cc
Power - 105 PS (77 kW) @ 4000 rpm
Torque - 290 N·m (214 lb·ft) @1500 rpm
0–100*km/h - 11secs
Top speed - 190 km/h (118 mph)

Specs of the Linea's 1.6 MJD engine
You cant say the acceleration and top speed will be the same, as there may be some changes to the Indian version.

Also the 1.6MJD also has another state of tune, ie 120PS/320Nm at the same rpms as above. But even the 105hp version will be more than a match to both the VW and Hyundai 1.6, as well as the upcoming 1.5 iDTEC of Honda.
Old 26th November 2013, 18:04   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You cant say the acceleration and top speed will be the same, as there may be some changes to the Indian version.

Also the 1.6MJD also has another state of tune, ie 120PS/320Nm at the same rpms as above. But even the 105hp version will be more than a match to both the VW and Hyundai 1.6, as well as the upcoming 1.5 iDTEC of Honda.
Yea topspeed and acceleration may be different from the international variants. But on road performance needs to be seen. But I don't know what's wrong with Fiat India, they mess up the gear ratios and fueling which kills the performance.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks