Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 08:57   #106
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now

Is the facelifted Linea going to be launched in January 2014?
Old 17th December 2013, 09:05   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Is the facelifted Linea going to be launched in January 2014?
I doubt that. They should be showcasing it in the Delhi Auto Expo in Feb. So I would expect announcements in Feb. If they plan something in parallel, then not too sure about it.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 09:44   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I doubt that. They should be showcasing it in the Delhi Auto Expo in Feb. So I would expect announcements in Feb. If they plan something in parallel, then not too sure about it.
The facelifted Linea is to be showcased at the Auto expo and after unveiling it, the dealers will have their test drive and display vehicles shipped, that is what I have been told as of today. But Fiat wins all the titles in the world for not sticking to their original plan
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 20:28   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The Linea's stick slots beautifully as long as one goes through the H gate properly.
Absolutely agree. I used to drive a Baleno before I got my T-Jet, and if you want to know what notchy and imprecise was, you should have driven it! The stick on my T-jet is precise and I've never mis-lotted a gear (something I used to do now and then in the Baleno even after 5 years; mostly third gear instead of first). I can't understand how so many people diss the Linea's stick. I can only speak for my car, which is a relaunched T-jet, manufactured May 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for driving position, this is very subjective. I have driven my TJET from BOM to DEL immediately after purchase and then back a few months later. Neither then nor in my shorter drives have I had an issue with the seating position or discomfort of any sort. This when my daily drive is a Cedia, an out and out driver's car that has one of the best driver seat, steering wheel, pedal, gear shift geometry.
In October we went on a long trip for about 5 days where I was the only driver. I was driving 12 hours a day, every day. While I was fatigued at the end of the day (from the road conditions, from the traffic), I can say that the Linea didn't contribute to it at all. I doubt I would have been able to do this on consecutive days if the Linea wasn't comfortable - for me.

Adjust seat position, seat height and steering wheel height. One combination of these will of the trick.
TheTeacher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 23:08   #110
BHPian

Caught the Linea 2014 testing on Pune-Aurangabad highway. 5 cars with the front and back camouflaged. Posting some pics..
I also caught them on video and was impressed with the pick up...
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea1.jpg  

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea2.jpg  

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea3.jpg  

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea4.jpg  

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea5.jpg  

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-linea6.jpg  

ceebeezee is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 13:39   #111
Senior - BHPian

Why cant they launch it in parallel with the new CITY ? Is Fiat incapable on competing with Honda.

They let the market accept some product and then try to move those customers to Fiat. Poor strategy.

I am surprised to see the the outdated door handles, may be the change would spoil the design lines
Old 29th December 2013, 13:53   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Why cant they launch it in parallel with the new CITY ? Is Fiat incapable on competing with Honda.
You answered the question yourself. Given their current state of affairs, they better launch the updated Linea after the City euphoria has died down. They are simply not going to get any footfalls what so ever if the updated Linea comes at the same time as the new City.

The LG G2 pushed only 2 million devices so far cause it was launched just before Google announced the Nexus 5. They were hoping to sell around 10mn. And to rub in salt on the wound, LG makes both devices! So there is no ignoring market perception....
Nilesh5417 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 22:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
You answered the question yourself. Given their current state of affairs, they better launch the updated Linea after the City euphoria has died down. They are simply not going to get any footfalls what so ever if the updated Linea comes at the same time as the new City.

The LG G2 pushed only 2 million devices so far cause it was launched just before Google announced the Nexus 5. They were hoping to sell around 10mn. And to rub in salt on the wound, LG makes both devices! So there is no ignoring market perception....
Very True. Infact As per the news I have they will be launched in January 2014. Most by 15th or so. But as you know it is still not a concrete news for now. I really hope they get all the best of the best features this time.
Old 30th December 2013, 10:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

I am of the opinion that the current crop looks better than the anticipated face lift version.

The change of grille somehow translates to a change in the Italian character of the Linea.

The interiors looks better but just about marginally.

Did not like the positioning of the 12V socket near the hand brake though!!
Old 31st December 2013, 12:26   #115
Senior - BHPian

IAB have reported sighting of Linea facelift in Pune. There are a couple of pics too. Here is the link to IAB report:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/2...t-spied-110755

And a pic:

The Fiat Linea Facelift, bookings open now-2014fiatlineafaceliftspottedontest.jpg

Last edited by CARDEEP : 31st December 2013 at 12:28.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:49   #116
Senior - BHPian

Not too excited about this launch. I doubt if it will help sales in any way. If it does, it will be a miracle. The concern areas are quality of interior appointments, power from the diesel engine and interior room. They can address the first two concerns but interior room is going to be the same I guess. A fix to the not so perfect driving position will also be great.
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you on all but the last point , i read a lot about the seating position not being perfect but i feel that this is a bit of a subjective point really , as i wrote in my review as well , i narrowed down to what is the best for me post getting the car and have never needed to shift or make any adjustments to it again.

On the new facelift not sure how it's going to go for them really and i do hope that they can meet their launch timelines this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Not too excited about this launch. I doubt if it will help sales in any way. If it does, it will be a miracle. The concern areas are quality of interior appointments, power from the diesel engine and interior room. They can address the first two concerns but interior room is going to be the same I guess. A fix to the not so perfect driving position will also be great.
Old 2nd January 2014, 14:41   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Agree with you on all but the last point , i read a lot about the seating position not being perfect but i feel that this is a bit of a subjective point really
Yes it is.

I am on the taller side. The symmetry of the front seat to the pedals and steering, I find something odd ball about it. You notice this only after extended periods of driving and not the usual trip to work and back. I am never driving in one seating position. I keep changing it. I also find that I don't rest my back on the seat back fully and my head is a little far off from the head rest. This has to do with the seat contour. I am not saying its uncomfortable. I like my legs a little stretched out if not fully but if I try that, I am too far from the steering.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 21:02   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Yes it is.

I am on the taller side. The symmetry of the front seat to the pedals and steering, I find something odd ball about it. You notice this only after extended periods of driving and not the usual trip to work and back. I am never driving in one seating position. I keep changing it. I also find that I don't rest my back on the seat back fully and my head is a little far off from the head rest. This has to do with the seat contour. I am not saying its uncomfortable. I like my legs a little stretched out if not fully but if I try that, I am too far from the steering.
Agree with you. I have a broad frame and am on the taller side, and I found Linea to be not too convenient. Especially the head rest seems to be a little straining on the neck. Hope they address it in the facelift.
Old 2nd January 2014, 21:17   #120
Team-BHP Support

More than the cosmetic upgrades, I am interested to see if the additional safety features available in other markets like Turkey will be made available in India as well - Airbags all around, ESP, Traction Control, Hill hold assist etc.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks