Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 13:19   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

A diesel option being considered for the Stingray?
Maruti will not mess up this segment with a diesel option I guess. They dont have a diesel engine smaller than 1.3, and if they plonk that into the WagonR, what would happen of the Ritz/Swift? If they develop a smaller engine, or even if they can source the 1.0 XDSE from GM, and tune it the way they do. We may have a winner here. But for the time being I do not see diesel on WagonR atleast. That would upset other diesel cars a segment above, one of them being Swift/Ritz (for some people who want a maruti and a diesel, and not interested in the sporty hatch with less space).
Same reason GM not giving us the Spark diesel. It may eat up the Beat alive.
Old 25th July 2013, 13:36   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

Everything else is plain jane. Maruti needs to entirely overhaul the WagonR, make it new, fresh and happening and not just keep on bringing facelifts every other few months.?
But why? The car is already selling well right now in its current avatar. Hence, from MSIL point of view, it will be unnecessary at least for now.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
But why? The car is already selling well right now in its current avatar. Hence, from MSIL point of view, it will be unnecessary at least for now.
With that logic they shouldn't have invested in this 'Stingray' thingy!!
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:38   #64
BHPian

This looks more like a modified version of existing model with some body kits alongside new headlamp and tail lamp cluster.

The chrome at front looks real cheap to me and somewhat spoils the looks.
nidhin0816 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:40   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes thats the surprise that I have spoken about before. If stingray had to come, then the previous facelift was not necessary. Guess they are getting aggressive looking at the overall down trend in the market and they have finally realised stickers and accessories wont really help.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
With that logic they shouldn't have invested in this 'Stingray' thingy!!
Hammerhead got that right!

What I mean to say is Maruti shouldn't be adopting the "Don't fix it if it's not broken" strategy. In this everygrowing/slowing (?) automobile market the Wagon R has been selling quite well. But people want something different. Something fresh. Something to be with the times. Something that would differentiate them from the rest.

By bringing in the Stingray, Maruti seems to be going in the right direction. But what it needs to do is make major changes to the Stingray and bring it it as a fresh new vehicle that takes the humble Wagon R's place. The adoption rate of an ALL-NEW WagonR will be much much more than just facelifted versions.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:53   #67
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Stingray's front looks good (perhaps a little bling) while the spoiler and new tail-lamps are welcome. I'm glad they stuck to the current rear of the car with the number plate on the hatch and did not move it to the bumper, as on the JDM version. But is it just the red colour deceiving my eyes, or have they done away with the rear fog lamp?

I hope they offer the Stingray with an AT. It's not difficult, the same engine/gearbox combo is offered on the slow-selling A-Star. A Wagon R AT would be much more practical and popular.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:11   #68
BHPian

Looks good but I'm sure after removing the alloys, projectors, putting skinny tires will make it the same again. I hope they keep the projectors and awesome tail lights. If they launch it with the diesel, it's going to be one hell of a city car. An automatic diesel will eat away the competition provided it's not priced too high !
Old 25th July 2013, 17:06   #69
BHPian

Diesel is far fetched for WagonR. They will have to re-engineer the design to handle the NVH levels and mass of diesel. IMO it's a compact car with large body.
Old 25th July 2013, 19:45   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki wants to promote the Stingray as an upmarket product for the youth.

The Stingray is speculated to get modern features like:
-Projector Headlamps
Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-1374656173img04.jpg

-A completely new and sporty set of Alloy Wheels
Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-1374656284img05.jpg

-Music Controls on the Steering Wheel (a first for WagonR)
Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-1374656398img033.jpg

-Attractive and bold exterior colours (Red – The one in the shoot, Violet, White, Steel Grey, Silver and Black)

Another significant feature that the Stingray might get is a ‘three-eye’ meter that’ll not only be daylight illuminated but will also change hue from blue to green depending upon driving conditions.

It is also expected that Maruti Suzuki will also retail an automatic variant of the Stingray .Maruti Suzuki might price the Stingray around the Rs.4.60 lakh mark (ex showroom Delhi).

Cheers!

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...ls-Inside.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th July 2013 at 19:47.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 20:33   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Another significant feature that the Stingray might get is a ¡®three-eye¡¯ meter that¡¯ll not only be daylight illuminated but will also change hue from blue to green depending upon driving conditions.

It is also expected that Maruti Suzuki will also retail an automatic variant of the Stingray .Maruti Suzuki might price the Stingray around the Rs.4.60 lakh mark (ex showroom Delhi).
4.60L ex-showroom for the base means around a lac costly then the current spec one. That is asking for too much if it is so.

What is a 'three-eye' meter? Seems I have missed something here. Any pointers? Color changing seems to be a unique feature. Haven't seen that in many cars in India.

Lets just wait and watch the feature list and then would be the only time to see weather the prices justify.

Last edited by carzone : 25th July 2013 at 20:34.
Old 25th July 2013, 21:56   #72
BHPian

4.6l lakhs ex-showroom for the base is definitely very high for the badge WagonR. If it will be sold side by side with the existing wagonR, StingRay base variant should be priced not more than 4.2-4.3. If it is to replace the existing WagonR it should be priced below 4 to compete with Beat and Figo.
Old 25th July 2013, 23:45   #73
BHPian

Drat!! I wish I had seen this thread a month ago. I've just bought a new WagonR! I like the shape of the Stingray especially the projector lights. Yes! A little too bling in the front but it may be different in the flesh. Wonder if the current models' taillights can be changed to the Stingray's.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 23:53   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Drat!! I wish I had seen this thread a month ago. I've just bought a new WagonR! I like the shape of the Stingray especially the projector lights. Yes! A little too bling in the front but it may be different in the flesh. Wonder if the current models' taillights can be changed to the Stingray's.

Regards,
SS
I was quoting you, but I clicked the thank you button by mistake. :
Anyways, the rear of StingRay seems largely untouched, only difference being clear lens tail lamps. And because they are of the same shape as the outgoing model, you can put them on your vehicle later on when the car is launched.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Drat!! I wish I had seen this thread a month ago.
SS
The thread is just 3 days old. :

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th July 2013 at 09:48. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit option if posting within 30mins in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2013, 00:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

Wow.

That's the only word I can think of when I saw this car. Still can't think of anything else. Dang there have been very few things I've seen in my life which has left me speechless.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks