Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I don't think four months for diesel . I got mine in 25 days flat . Mumbai . VMT i-dtec .
Got a call from honda dealer. Minimum waiting time given by him is two months
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:43   #17
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze waiting periods to reduce

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I don't think four months for diesel . I got mine in 25 days flat . Mumbai . VMT i-dtec .
My friend booked his Amaze on Monday,he says he is going to get the car next week.
Dealer:Ace Honda,Noida;Variant-S(Diesel)
Old 16th August 2013, 03:07   #18
BHPian

I booked my Honda Amaze Smt petrol on 7th June 2013 and was promised to be delivered by July 25th. Later, the sales person said that amaze petrol can be provided only after september and offered me to take Smt diesel by august end.

Now the sales person is sure that my car have been despatched and it can be delivered within 25th itself.

So, I am getting my diesel amaze in just less than 2 months time. How many of you have got your car within the time specified by the sales assistant?
Old 17th August 2013, 20:56   #19
BHPian

Linkway Honda told m eyesterday that the prices have gone up for the amaze again.. This time by Rs 5000 on Ex showroom. Apparently this applies to even those who booked the car 3 months back!
Old 18th August 2013, 18:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadjamal View Post
Linkway Honda told m eyesterday that the prices have gone up for the amaze again.. This time by Rs 5000 on Ex showroom. Apparently this applies to even those who booked the car 3 months back!
Thats the way it is, new prices are valid for when the vehicle is delivered & registered.

But its a good move by Honda to add one more production line to reduce the wait period, otherwise they loose business to competition and this gives better customer satisfaction.
Old 18th August 2013, 21:01   #21
BHPian

My Sister in Law got Petrol VX AT in a week from Peninsular Honda Kochi. Maybe Auto transmissions are more readily available.
Old 19th August 2013, 13:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
My Sister in Law got Petrol VX AT in a week from Peninsular Honda Kochi. Maybe Auto transmissions are more readily available.
There is a higher weight time for Petrol cars since the Diesel production was higher to begin with. I was told that the VX & AT variants were readily available if i didnt have colour preferences. As of now the most scarce is the Petrol E and EX variants. S Petrol MT waiting period is now down to 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
I booked my Honda Amaze Smt petrol on 7th June 2013 and was promised to be delivered by July 25th. Later, the sales person said that amaze petrol can be provided only after september and offered me to take Smt diesel by august end.

Now the sales person is sure that my car have been despatched and it can be delivered within 25th itself.

So, I am getting my diesel amaze in just less than 2 months time. How many of you have got your car within the time specified by the sales assistant?
I Had booked my car 3 months back, I was told a waiting period of 2 1/2 months that was due on 15th Aug. They called me on 3rd Aug informing that the car will leave the Factory on 9th Aug.

Apparently the dealer told me they get a list of cars and colours they will get for the month on the 3rd of each month. I kept calling them on that day each month hoping they will assign a car to me. Luckily I dont have to wait too long.

We should also all do well to remember that Suzuki is essentially a bike and small car manufacturer. No wonder then that is where their comfort zone lies. But I do agree with many of our members that the new engine options DO NOT sound exciting. Both the K-series and the Multijet have been stretched. And yes, though they are very competitive in B, B+ and entry level sedans, the customer is likely to ask for more in an executive sedan.

The M Series petrol, which had debuted on the SX4 did not make its way into any other car. At least the current gen petrol SX4 made 100 bhp + with very decent mid range torque.

But Maruti seems to be wanting to stick to tried and tested formulae. Not very good news for enthusiasts

Love the sharp design on front as well as the rear. I wish Nissan had put in dual exhaust. It would have made the rear end more symmetric, made Terrano more sportier to look at and would have accentuated the design, IMHO.

Last edited by bblost : 19th August 2013 at 14:18.
Old 20th August 2013, 17:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
We should also all do well to remember that Suzuki is essentially a bike and small car manufacturer. No wonder then that is where their comfort zone lies. But I do agree with many of our members that the new engine options DO NOT sound exciting. Both the K-series and the Multijet have been stretched. And yes, though they are very competitive in B, B+ and entry level sedans, the customer is likely to ask for more in an executive sedan.

The M Series petrol, which had debuted on the SX4 did not make its way into any other car. At least the current gen petrol SX4 made 100 bhp + with very decent mid range torque.

But Maruti seems to be wanting to stick to tried and tested formulae. Not very good news for enthusiasts

Love the sharp design on front as well as the rear. I wish Nissan had put in dual exhaust. It would have made the rear end more symmetric, made Terrano more sportier to look at and would have accentuated the design, IMHO.
This Bike section was not written by me.. Moderator please edit my previous post and del this one
Old 26th November 2013, 20:51   #24
BHPian

What is the current waiting period for VX i DTEC in Bangalore. I had booked i20 diesel but somehow postponed the purchase. So looking at other options. Is it possible to get delivery by December end?
Old 26th November 2013, 21:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

My colleague booked a diesel Amaze and it was delivered within a week. VX trim.
Old 27th November 2013, 10:49   #26
BHPian

My uncle bought Amaze in Kochi. He got it delivered in a few weeks time.
I expect some of the Honda-loyal customers considering the new City too; so the waiting period might come down to max two months for any variant.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
My uncle bought Amaze in Kochi. He got it delivered in a few weeks time.
I expect some of the Honda-loyal customers considering the new City too; so the waiting period might come down to max two months for any variant.
Honda mentioned that they'll be starting 3rd shift soon. That should increase the production numbers and reduce the waiting time a bit.
Old 27th November 2013, 13:50   #28
BHPian

Waiting Period ? I was back home (Ranchi) and the dealer had cars in the garage and was willing to deliver immediately. However there was absolutely no way he was giving me any sort of discount or freebies.

So I would wait for the New Year and then book it. No hurries.
Old 27th November 2013, 14:34   #29
BANNED

I hear the waiting period is near zero. Maybe the AT does have some waiting period!!

I was approached by a Pushp Honda marketing man about my daughter-in-law's VX-AT booked for mid-January.

Last edited by sgiitk : 27th November 2013 at 14:49.
Old 27th November 2013, 16:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

I heard an advertisement on the radio today that all Amaze deliveries would be done in a week of booking. They did not mention if its the same for P and D, but looks like they have built up an inventory.

Most Viewed