Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 17:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Evalia price cut by Rs 1.15 lakh

Rushlane has posted an article re price cut to Nissan Evalia by Rs 1.15 lakh referring to a tweet by Nissan India regarding the availability of MUV @ Rs.7.99 lacs.

The tweet read as:
Quote:
Celebrate #JoyofSpace & a mileage of 19.3 kmpl, now at a Spl price of Rs 7.99 lacs! Test Drive #Nissan #Evalia today: http://t.co/hxvSbFRl0G

— Nissan India (@Nissan_India) July 31, 2013
& the link to Rushlane's article:

http://www.rushlane.com/nissan-evali...5-1285741.html

Definitely they need to pull up socks for selling the Evalia. But, I feel this move is more to create space for Terrano pricing, which will be at a premium.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 31st July 2013 at 17:55.
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 21:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Evalia price cut by Rs 1.15 lakh

The Evalia appears to be a non- mover and a sales laggard from Nissan. It is pathetic to note that with the dynamism of Carl Ghosn at the helm, such lemons continue to be in our market, in the same avatar.
Similarly, with Sergio Marchionne at the helm, Fiat cars continue to be laggards as far as sales are concerned, in India.
The Evalia is quite OK and needs to be targeted at the taxi segment.It needs to be improved in the looks department. It looks very docile and a bit ordinary. A more macho look can do wonders. Because our market is different. It has a very economical sub 1.5 L diesel power plant.I have done a long distance drive on this MPV and it had a very effective AC with five passengers and some luggage. The rear seat is a bit cramped for three. The AC unit for the rear is located in such a place, where it projects, takes space and intrudes into the leg room of the rear seat middle passenger. The driver and the front passenger are the most comfortable, as far as seating is concerned.
Engine NVH is minimal even at 80 - 90 kmph. Above 90 kmph the engine is not so silent.
Wish Nissan takes note and does some facelifts on this MPV to be India specific, targeting it at the taxi segment.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 31st July 2013 at 21:26.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 21:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Evalia was always a sitting duck in terms of its looks from its launch itself it got a big thumbs down, resulting in poor sales number. This price cut is not a surprise, it’s just to clear off existing inventory, I guess there forecasted /existing sales numbers won’t justify to keep this model afloat.

Nissan should fire the team who proposed such products, they just don’t have a feel of the market. India is changing rapidly as more and more people have global exposure they are demanding fresh products not some old refreshed models.
Old 31st July 2013, 22:24   #4
BHPian

Now where does Ashok Leyland Stile slot in when it is launched in September? If it's priced below Evalia, it must be a steal!

Going by this article - http://www.cartoq.com/what-the-ashok...idn%E2%80%99t/
Stile seems to be an improvement over Evalia
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 23:23   #5
BHPian

I think this price reduction is just to clear the available stock.

AL stile cannot be priced above evalia . And I think there will be less relation in terms of comparing stile , evalia and the to be launched duster clone !

I think Nissan has to really work hard to fix there issues , as said above .

Right product at the right time at the right price .
Old 1st August 2013, 10:36   #6
BHPian

I think Nissan wants to sell as much Evalia as possible, clear its old stocks, increase the brand presence before it launches the upgraded version with new price front so that there is room for Stile below it.
Old 1st August 2013, 11:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

The grapevine suggests that the facelifted Evalia (with refreshed features from the ALL Stile) will actually be launched before the Stile as Nissan doesn't want the Evalia to be compromised by a lower priced product (Stile) with a better feature set. So, the current offer on the Evalia sounds more like a stock clearance sale. All said, Nissan India's customer care maintains that the Evalia's base price is 8.70 lakhs, ex-Delhi and the same information holds true on the official website as well. So, the whole 7.99 lakh rupee price tag for the Evalia is yet to be confirmed.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 1st August 2013 at 11:59.
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

How does this price cut relate to (yet to be available) AL Stile? I also feel this is short term price cut for stock clearance.

Bland design from Renault/Nissan hasn't been liked in Indian market. Which car other than Nissan Sunny has made waves in India for Renault/Nissan?

Most Viewed