Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 15:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star

The spy shots from JayPrashanth look very similar to the Team BHP rendering and if so very different looking , looses its "cuteness" in my opinion and goes to a more simply design.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

Why Maruti, everyone is doing it. What is wrong if Maruti wants to do it first ? Some time back i was reading about Datsun Go based MPV. Everyone is stretching their hatchbacks(Brio, Etios,Grand i10) into sedans after we saw DZire becoming huge hit, and now everyone is stretching it further to copy success of Ertiga. And as long as we have more alternatives for any segment its better isnt it ?

I was merely trying to imagine a SEDAN that is smaller in length than the Dzire and found it a little odd.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 18th September 2013 at 15:40.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
A sub Dzire SEDAN!!. What next? A sub Ertiga MPV. Maruti is stretching things a bit too much. I hope Tata is not thinking of a Nano Sedan.
True. If Maruti does base it on the tall-boyish YL7/Next-gen Alto, the sub-Dzire sedan's proportions might not be to everyone's liking.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 21st September 2013, 10:38   #19
BHPian

Is it just me or does the front grill look like a member of Hyundai family. It's too familiar IMO. And Maruti Suzuki is following the cut, copy policy with the back of the new Alto 800 and front like ertiga/hyundai. Hopefully there might be some new diesel engine.
Old 21st September 2013, 14:30   #20
BHPian

My personal opinion is that being tallboy, the A* will lose most if not all of the great handling experience of the car. The current model being more like Swift maintains solid grip on road @ speeds well > 100kph. Being tallboy may create a risk of car being too shaky, somewhat like the feeling that turns give in WagonR or in my personal opinion, worse still, the Korean slog horse Santro...
Old 8th October 2013, 12:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Team-BHP reader Rishabh Jaiswal has spotted the 2014 Alto in India. Link to News Section.

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-2014-suzuki-alto-spyshot-1.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-2014-suzuki-alto-spyshot-2.jpg

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 17:02   #22
BANNED

This one seems to have an old "Swift" look from the rear, Japanese Alto look from the sides, and SX4 look from the front. Anyway, seems to be wider enough to have better stability.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th October 2013 at 17:04.
Old 9th October 2013, 16:17   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-gen Maruti-Suzuki A-Star in Gurgaon again, fully clad in black fabric again.
Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-nextgensuzukiastarspypics2.jpg

From the spyshots, it begins to appear that, in its newer iteration, the A-Star will be wider, with more pronounced rear. However, the major change appears to be the aggressive and sharper front from the existing rounded curvier one.

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-nextgensuzukiastarspypics.jpg

It appears that Maruti-Suzuki is working on things at a war footing, as there is a void left by the shelving of the Zen Estilo and the not-acceptable performance by the current A-Star itself. Maruti-Suzuki would like to slip something over there quite soon by placing the next A-Star in the lineup.

Codenamed as the YL7, the Maruti-Suzuki A-Star will be a true-blue global model.
Maruti-Suzuki is currently working on a range of small-capacity diesel engines, ranging from 0.8 Liters to 1.4 Liters. Hence, one of them could find its way to this all-new A-Star as well.

Cheers!

http://motorbash.com/motorbash-reade...l7-in-gurgaon/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 23:19   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I spotted this car in Cyber City Gurgaon on Saturday, which seemed to me like the YL7 posted earlier in this thread.

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-20131019_140838.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-20131019_140924.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-20131019_140828.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-20131019_140840.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 08:50   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I spotted this car in Cyber City Gurgaon on Saturday, which seemed to me like the YL7 posted earlier in this thread.
It seems to be just an ordinary looking car in terms of design. For me, there is no aspirational value in terms of design.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It seems to be just an ordinary looking car in terms of design. For me, there is no aspirational value in terms of design.
Hi @romeomidhun

To me it appears an evolution of the Alto.... agree nothing aspirational as far as the A-Star badge. However, this will definitely not hold true for the masses, especially if it comes with a diesel mill.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:48   #27
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It does look like a generic tall boy design with all the camouflage on. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, in my opinion. Practicality, space and comfort, ease of use and that holy grail (fuel efficiency) matter a lot in the segment that this car will compete in. Design and looks are secondary. As long as the car does not look ugly (I bet this wouldn't be ugly at all), it should sell like hot cakes, especially with the speculated diesel engine under its hood.

Consider the Wagon R. It isn't exactly what people would call a beautiful design. Still, it's a top seller because it has loads of other virtues. Even without an automatic gearbox and without a diesel engine, it manages to be in the top three selling cars month after month. If MSIL bring in diesel and automatic variants on this car, they would have another sales chart topper on their hands.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:21   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
To me it appears an evolution of the Alto.... agree nothing aspirational as far as the A-Star badge. However, this will definitely not hold true for the masses, especially if it comes with a diesel mill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
It does look like a generic tall boy design with all the camouflage on. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, in my opinion. Practicality, space and comfort, ease of use and that holy grail (fuel efficiency) matter a lot in the segment that this car will compete in. Design and looks are secondary. As long as the car does not look ugly (I bet this wouldn't be ugly at all), it should sell like hot cakes, especially with the speculated diesel engine under its hood.

Consider the Wagon R. It isn't exactly what people would call a beautiful design. Still, it's a top seller because it has loads of other virtues. Even without an automatic gearbox and without a diesel engine, it manages to be in the top three selling cars month after month. If MSIL bring in diesel and automatic variants on this car, they would have another sales chart topper on their hands.
I agree that the looks are not much relevant in the Alto segment. But IMO, considering its wider platform and equally big size, this car will be positioned above WR where looks does matter.

BTW, do anyone has a complete side profile image of this car?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd October 2013 at 12:25.
Old 15th December 2013, 09:51   #29

TV commercials for the Maruti Celerio was being shot at magarpatta city Pune this morning. Could not take pictures but yes it's the car above. The other thing is it has an Auto Box, and how do I know that, the driver complained that the car would not start and some guy on the walky talky tells him that "auto hai D par start nahi hoga"
sebastianjoseph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 16:28   #30
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianjoseph View Post
TV commercials for the Maruti Celerio was being shot at magarpatta city Pune this morning. Could not take pictures but yes it's the car above. The other thing is it has an Auto Box, and how do I know that, the driver complained that the car would not start and some guy on the walky talky tells him that "auto hai D par start nahi hoga"
That's some great news!

Sounds like the car's launch is not too far away, then. They may even launch it before the Auto Expo. The automatic gearbox is surely welcome. I hope they do provide an auto box on the ZXi variant, in addition to the VXi.

I know this may be asking for too much, but did they modify the front portion and make it different from that of this concept version?

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-image.jpg

Last edited by RSR : 15th December 2013 at 16:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks