Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 10:50   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star

The YL7 hatch will make it's global debut at the 2014 Auto Expo in February, reports ACI.

The YL7 will be powered by a 3-cylinder K10 mill which will be tuned to offer class-leading FE, while there are rumors that the future 2-cylinder diesel powertrain, currently in development by Suzuki itself, will find it's way into the YL7.

It will be replacing the current (discontinued) Zen Estilo and the A-Star in Maruti Suzuki's lineup, and is slotted to take on Hyundai's Grand i10.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-368549.aspx

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th December 2013 at 10:51.
Old 2nd January 2014, 18:46   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?

Maruti Suzuki is planning to debut the Celerio hatchback at the Auto Expo. The car is a replacement for the A-Star and the erstwhile Estilo.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 3rd January 2014, 00:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Let's hope it will not live upto its name and be a lot interesting & involving to drive and not as bland as "Celer(y)o"
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Motoroids have caught an undisguised picture of the car.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/maruti...d-undisguised/

Reminds me of the 2008 I10 model from the front.
amtak is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:48   #35
BHPian

Looks very plain and boring. Only the front is new. The second picture reminds me of the old Swift and the rear looks like the Grand i10.

On the plus side, it looks roomy and would definitely be a safe car (since it would be sold in Europe too).
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Looks very plain and boring. Only the front is new. The second picture reminds me of the old Swift and the rear looks like the Grand i10.

On the plus side, it looks roomy and would definitely be a safe car (since it would be sold in Europe too).
If the front reminds me of I10, and rear reminds you of Grand I10, may be they have hired someone from Hyundai. The rear to me looks more like Datsun Go!
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If the front reminds me of I10, and rear reminds you of Grand I10, may be they have hired someone from Hyundai. The rear to me looks more like Datsun Go!
I don't know whats up with Maruti/Suzuki. First the Alto800 and now this! The Alto800 reminds me of the i10, Santro, Figo, A-Star...

The car may look better with wheelcaps/alloys. Also, the handling may not be as good as the A-Star.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Rear is what the Alto800 should have had. Definitely doesn't belong to the A-Star replacement. I think the idea "maybe" is to take the Alto800 design and take it a step further cause its so well accepted. And why not, look at the numbers Alto does. I wonder why they don't just name it Alto1000 or Alto+ cause that makes sense to me.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Motoroids have caught an undisguised picture of the car.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/maruti...d-undisguised/

Reminds me of the 2008 I10 model from the front.
Here are the (some of the clear) pics at the photo/ ad shoot:

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-maruticeleriophotoshootspied.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-maruticeleriophotoshootspieddoor.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-maruticeleriophotoshootspiedfront.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-maruticeleriophotoshootspiedfrontfender.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-maruticeleriophotoshootspiedgrille.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-maruticeleriophotoshootspiedrear.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-maruticeleriophotoshootspiedrearquarter.jpg
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:01   #40
BHPian

Looks leagues ahead of current a-star (infact any car will look better than current one). Hopefully this one will come with an automatic transmission for around 4.5L. That will create a buzz for sure!
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianjoseph View Post
TV commercials for the Maruti Celerio was being shot at magarpatta city Pune this morning. Could not take pictures but yes it's the car above. The other thing is it has an Auto Box, and how do I know that, the driver complained that the car would not start and some guy on the walky talky tells him that "auto hai D par start nahi hoga"
It's not "start" per-se. The push-button ignition systems will not start unless the car is in Park or Neutral. He probably meant that it moves in 'D'.

BTW, the A-star is currently being sold under the Celerio badge with the 1.0 L engine, with the 4-speed AT variant costing significantly more than the 5-speed MT variant. The Kia Picanto, which is in the same price range, has a better 1.2 L engine, though the Picanto's engine has an unrefined feel to it despite a much better acceleration. However, neither vehicle excels at safety and it isn't something most people would generally buy particularly when expecting highway travel.
Old 6th January 2014, 09:28   #42
BHPian

Economic Times reports that Maruti Celerio will be equipped with Clutchless transmission. The technology will enable the driver to shift gears without using clutch. Though it will be similar to automatic transmission, it won't be impact the pricing and fuel economy of the car. Rest we need to wait and see.

Some excerpts from the source.

What's more, the improved technology will not affect fuel efficiency or the price of the car. Maruti will be the first in India to debut this automatic manual transmission (AMT), a technology derived from the famed F1 motorsports arena that is expected to be a turning point in the small-car segment, thereby improving the overall driving experience.

Interesting move..
Old 11th January 2014, 20:22   #43
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Celerio caught undisguised by Motorbeam.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti...sed-exclusive/

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-cel1.jpg

Team-BHP renders the 2014 Suzuki Alto/A-Star-cel2.jpg
PPS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 20:33   #44
BHPian

Impressive

Even barring the instagram-like effects, the picture looks solid! I am very much impressed.

Much better than that ugly yellow one caught during the photoshoot.

The RHS light cluster reminds me of the facelifted i20. Even that tiny touch of chrome on the rear lights is good. Seems they have done away with the internal boot release level of the current A-Star.

The car can very well replace the Estilo, A-Star and also the Ritz.
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 20:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Looks neat and interestingly bigger than the cars it replaces! Hope they slot a diesel heart and price it well to take on the i10 Grand.

P.S: Might buy one if it is priced well!
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks