Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 15:41   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Preview & Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
But since its an all new car, why such a misleading name?!
I feel the same way too. I'm sure Hyundai has done their homework (market surveys, future product planning etc) in order to come to this name, but i still feel it might not be the best idea (a lot depends on the price difference between the i10 and i10 Grand).

Like Henry Ford once said :
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.
Using the same logic, bigger+better i10 = i10 Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What is the thinking behind such a strategy from a manufacturers point of view?
Out of sight is out of mind. By showcasing this camoflaged car and releasing these pictures, all the Diwali shoppers have 1 more car to add to their list. A preview like this creates some buzz, and in a few cases might also allow Manufacturers to fine tune certain other things (eg. Marketing campaign, pricing, etc) based on the feedback the vehicle gets.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th August 2013 at 15:43.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 15:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

The i10 Grand with 1.1L diesel engine and a Honeywell waste gate turbo should output a max power around 67hp and a torque between 175-185Nm@2200rpm. Knowing the dynamics of i10 on highways it can only be a good car in city like Beat and not on highways. The FE factor is a critical thing for them to threaten Maruti, Hyundai cars always fade on FE factor compared to Maruti, hope for a better and safe vehicle. Reliable sources hinted SOP order released for 10k vehicles in June, by-now they should have sufficient vehicles in stock.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I feel the same way too. I'm sure Hyundai has done their homework (market surveys, future product planning etc) in order to come to this name, but i still feel it might not be the best idea (a lot depends on the price difference between the i10 and i10 Grand).
While the car is surely going to be a blockbuster from Hyundai stable, I am sure I havent liked the name. Somehow, Grand reminds me of all the market duds (Armada Grand, Sumo Grande etc.)

Any idea is the car is getting launched in 'Chennai Express'?

@Dehunk - I have seen this car in action on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway and I know it can easily touch 160-170. I had a hard time keeping up with the car.

Last edited by amtak : 7th August 2013 at 16:05.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:23   #64
BHPian

Nice review Anshuman. Thanks. In my opinion a longer wheel base makes the car more expensive because Excise duty/other taxes are directly proportional to the wheel base measurements. Body coloured side [ door } mouldings would have enhanced the overall look of the car instead of Rubber mouldings which looks little raw. Road tax is levied by the RTO depending upon the Invoice price so it would have been more prudent had the company thought about this. It is not clear whether the company will provide powerful headlights, since in i10 and i20 this is a regular complaint and has drawn criticism with a weak headlights. Climate control should have been provided so also flasher repeaters on either side of the wing mirrors. The model name selected by the company ' GRAND ' is not at all catchy. The rear portion of the car is very repulsive to look at. It is not clear why the company has not provided the reverse sensors.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Did I read a CRDI Hatch ? (with Petrol option ofcourse)
Well, Hyundais' have just hacked their own leg. This one is going to eat up markets of i10 and i20 + Beat D and Figo D.

Like many have said, Why Grand ? Why not i15 ?

Lookswise, definitely an amalgamation of i10, i20, Ecosport and many others. Overall looks nice.
From the description in the scoop post, it very much looks like a combi of i10 and i20. Lets see how the interiors actually turn out. And why those integrated headrests again ? High time they do away with those el-cheapo integrated headrest seats.

Overall looks like a nice package. Should work wonders.

Hoping to see the facelifted Chevy Beat D fighting with this one.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:45   #66
BHPian

It just sounds so much like Etios Liva, I can't believe what I am reading is true. The big hatch market is surely red hot these days!! Toyota must now be thinking why didn't they get the Etios wheelbase for Liva too!! That should have given them extra 'room' of protection.

Last edited by Inquisitive : 7th August 2013 at 16:48.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
Climate control should have been provided so also flasher repeaters on either side of the wing mirrors. The model name selected by the company ' GRAND ' is not at all catchy. .
Take a close look at Picture# 10, you can spot the Flashers nicely integrated into the mirror housing.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:52   #68
BHPian

Thanks Anshuman for the sneak preview. This has just whetted the appetite of a lot of potential hatch buyers I am sure. Like Rehaan mentioned, it is a neat little marketing trick to say that you have some thing up the sleeve and coming soon at the same time not giving the full information and keep the suspense going.

Its great to see HMIL has finally brought diesel option to the hatch segment - though I feel it is at least a year behind schedule in doing that. But then, its better late than never.
Old 7th August 2013, 16:52   #69
BHPian

I am spoiled by choice. Decided to book a Ritz ZXi tomorrow. Now this news spoils the party.

When will this be available on road?
Old 7th August 2013, 17:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
@Dehunk - I have seen this car in action on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway and I know it can easily touch 160-170. I had a hard time keeping up with the car.
I'm eager to know more, Could you tell us more about the experience? which car were you in and how sure it was this car? I'm also looking at the moderator's review saying it loses breath after about 3500rpm and no point taking it above 4k, If its really not that bad on high RPM I would consider having one.
Old 7th August 2013, 18:05   #71
BHPian

The car itself looks good. The only negative points for a Hyundai IMO are the low ground clearance and a dead steering. It seems from the review that the steering problem has been addressed. Any clarity about ground clearance could be helpful.
Old 7th August 2013, 18:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
I'm eager to know more, Could you tell us more about the experience? which car were you in and how sure it was this car? I'm also looking at the moderator's review saying it loses breath after about 3500rpm and no point taking it above 4k, If its really not that bad on high RPM I would consider having one.
It could be the 1.2L petrol doing duty on i10 & i20. Believe me it is capable enough + is faster in initial pickup as compared to Swift (as tested by ACI, if I recall correctly). Improved handling can only help ride the car faster, & for longer duration, at the hands of a skilled driver.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 19:07   #73
BHPian

Guys, any idea on what is the probable price point for the diesel versions?
Old 7th August 2013, 20:02   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Here are the images of unwrapped Hyundai i10 Grand. The front looks nice but the rear design is not that interesting (to me at least).

Source:- Autocar UK
These are images of the international-spec 2014 Hyundai i10 that will replace the current-gen model. However, India will get the i10 Grand, which is different from the 2014 Hyundai i10 in terms of dimensions and styling on the flanks. Based on initial details, the window lines, wheelbase, length and interior room are different. The official debut of the Euro-spec i10 is at Frankfurt while India launch of i10 Grand could be on September 4th.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 7th August 2013, 20:11   #75
BHPian

The looks are refreshing and nice. But IMO I love the current look of the i10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks