Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 16:45   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
I'm eager to know more, Could you tell us more about the experience? which car were you in and how sure it was this car? I'm also looking at the moderator's review saying it loses breath after about 3500rpm and no point taking it above 4k, If its really not that bad on high RPM I would consider having one.

I was in my zen and driving at around 80-100. But we all know when the cars zip away and disappear from the highway, they must be overspeeding in excess of 130/140.
Old 9th August 2013, 17:17   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai to launch i10 Grand in September including a 1.1l diesel

Hyundai is launching the i10 Grand and is essentially a stretched version of the i10 which will fit in between the i10 and i20 in its current hatchback line up in early September at an estimated price of Rs. 4 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs. 5 lakh for the diesel.

This new offering will sport an all-new, 1.1-litre, three-cylinder U2 VGT diesel motor which develops an estimated 70bhp. This new three-cylinder U2 engine is essentially the 1.4 four-cylinder unit with a cylinder chopped off along with the 1.2-litre Kappa petrol motor.

This would be a yet another move to consolidate and grow stronger in the hatch segment for Hyundai with products ranging right from the Eon, Santro, i10, i10 Grand to the i20 and would be interesting to see how this product will be received in the market and if it would camouflage the sales of its original sibling the i10.

News and pics coutsey HT Autoz review- http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1105070.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-i10-grand.jpg  

Last edited by girishglg : 9th August 2013 at 17:17. Reason: Mods please merge if already available
Old 9th August 2013, 19:58   #108
BHPian

Spotted this today, looks like the i10 grand ? Was surprised that a half assembled car is being used with an unused door in the second row. There were two camouflaged ones that went before this car. The car was doing good speeds on the Bangalore, Sarjapur - Marathahalli Road. The Elantra was tailing.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-1.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-2.jpg  

sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 20:34   #109
BHPian

This looks good. I find some similarities with the GETz.

Any interior pics?
Old 9th August 2013, 21:37   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Spotted this today, looks like the i10 grand ? Was surprised that a half assembled car is being used with an unused door in the second row. There were two camouflaged ones that went before this car. The car was doing good speeds on the Bangalore, Sarjapur - Marathahalli Road. The Elantra was tailing.
This looks like a moving violation!? How is this car in the state in which it is being driven road legal? Awfully irresponsible of Hyundai as a. Corporate to operate this car on our roads like this would they dare do it in Seoul or London or Europe and or Korea?

This is total BS
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 23:43   #111
Senior - BHPian

Its a cutaway car used for display or maybe photographing for a print ad.

Either way, it should be shipped and not driven.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th August 2013 at 02:30.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 13:30   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Saw this news on the scoop section of Autocar show last night, this sedan based on Grand i10 will launch some months after the Grand i10!

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/352...g-in-2014.aspx
Not at all a Scoop. Gaadi.com had the same story up and running 3 days before ACI did it - http://www.gaadi.com/blog/gaadi-com-...-meter-vehicle

The sedan should be out by March / April 2014 as confirmed by Hyundai officials during the event itself 2 weeks back
BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 23:02   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its a cutaway car used for display or maybe for photographing for a print ad.
100% right.

I have seen such cutaway Ford cars in the Chennai factory. They are literally cut and was told that its majorly for PrintAd photography.

Someone has to report this to the higher-ups at Hyundai. IMO, people who took that decision of driving it in public roads should be sacked.
Old 11th August 2013, 00:55   #114
BHPian

Seriously Hyundai??
With all the biggies in there, and after hours of meetings and discussions you came out with that name??
When me and a friend (bhpian) found out that the new gen i10 will be named Grand i10, the first thing we said was-"Ugly name!!".
Please if you can read this, do not name it Grand, rather i15, or even i10 Brilliant are far better names. The word Grand has lost its meaning here in India.
And we were expecting a heavy fluidic design, comeon Hyundai, if Eon can get it, why not i10?
Old 11th August 2013, 11:22   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Seriously Hyundai??
Please if you can read this, do not name it Grand, rather i15
Hyundai will not name Grand i10 as i15. Because Hyundai products with "5" in last digit will be an SUV or Crossover.
Old 11th August 2013, 13:18   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post

Hyundai will not name Grand i10 as i15. Because Hyundai products with "5" in last digit will be an SUV or Crossover.
Well, we surely don't care about the naming policy. Naming it as i15 will make people think this car belongs to a different segment, that is somewhere between i10 and i20, and that will justify the premium over i10. And sure, naming it i10 will bring i10 loyalists, but with the kind of hit streak Hyundai is on right now, any new vehicle it launches will sell if it is good.
Old 11th August 2013, 14:46   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Spotted this today, looks like the i10 grand ? Was surprised that a half assembled car is being used with an unused door in the second row.
Such terrible mistake might have done by Dealers or advertising agencies. I am sure, this snaps surely will reach Hyundai India's mail box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Naming it as i15 will make people think this car belongs to a different segment, that is somewhere between i10 and i20, and that will justify the premium over i10.
I understand your view point. But the problem is Hyundai's product planning/marketing think tanks would have reached this name after lots of studies. So let us wait and see how they are going to price it.
Old 11th August 2013, 15:47   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post

I understand your view point. But the problem is Hyundai's product planning/marketing think tanks would have reached this name after lots of studies. So let us wait and see how they are going to price it.
Hmm, lets see what happens.
Anyways, if the car is good, the name should'nt bother much.
Old 11th August 2013, 21:31   #119
BHPian

first of all-a big thanks to.anshuman for posting such a detailed review of Grand i10. actuall saw it across many TV shows on car & bikes but none of them posted such a detailed review and most of them mentioned more or less same points. But one thing which comes to my mind is the price point at which HMIL would launch this product. As it is always known that HMIL products are costlier that vehicles of the same segment. i am not sure if this has got something to do with imported components from korea or something else. India being a cost concious market, it will surely impact the product sales in long run. Also not to forget that maruti is planning an 800CC diesel which will be a segment killer owing to the service proposition and VFM offering that MSIL has been doing all these days.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:04   #120
BHPian

Likely scenerio If the grand i10 is priced smartly....
1)Santro may be relegated to kaali peeli taxi. They may discontinue santro to private buyers and current i10 may become entry level hyundai passenger car
2) tata vistas etc sell even lesser and tata falls further down the ladder.
3) amongst the diesels ritz, beat , micro, pulse , punto ,vibe sales get hit. Swift,
Figo , polo , i 20 may take a bigger hit. Swift refresh may be hastened. The likes of fabia get discontinued sooner than later.
With the Datsun coming next year and hopefully with the k9k, this segment gets more interesting.
The swift, dezire, amaze, duster, ecosport and this i10 may just turn the best selling oil burners next year....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks