Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2014, 13:19   #1486
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Good catch. Depressing that it does not have an appealing look. Just a plain jane car built for a purpose, hope that purpose is not missed by over shooting the cost of the car and then realising the mistake later imparing sales leading to multiple discounts.
Anyways got a call for the lauch of the car at the dealers at about 4pm tomorrow.

Have been told that 4 cars have come and waiting period is anywhere between 2 to 4 months.
Diesel top end in 2 months and petrol automatic in 4 months.
If I have to wait for 2 months I rather wait for 2015 model or cross shop with a Honda city petrol. Hope Maruti dont pack in anymore shocks and disappointment.

Last edited by Visaster : 5th October 2014 at 13:20.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 16:19   #1487
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

So does it mean that it is some kind of dealer installation(chrome package), like the centre alloy wheel caps, which doesn't come preinstalled but are installed at dealership.
Or is it only ZDi+ specific??
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I just rechecked a few pictures on the internet and I think you are right ,all these are part of ZDi+ as you mentioned above.

I see that the chrome door handles start from ZDi as mentioned by ambee as well earlier , we see them in the pics from Ravenavi however the door handles are body colored in VDi+ as seen in pics below.

Lets wait until Monday and we will have all the speculations out to rest
Knowing Maruti these bits can be fit at the dealer and it could be pre-installed in ZDi+ variant.

All reality will be out tomorrow along with the pricing. Hope Maruti surprises us, in a good way.

Anurag.
Old 5th October 2014, 20:32   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Are these HIDs or halogens? And is the projector only for low-beam or also for high-beam?
Old 5th October 2014, 20:59   #1489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As reported by you, the car didn't have chrome ring around the start button. Also rear lacks chrome touch(on boot, around number plate) as seen in the pics. But all cars in the reviews had those. So does it mean that it is some kind of dealer installation(chrome package), like the centre alloy wheel caps, which doesn't come preinstalled but are installed at dealership.
Or is it only ZDi+ specific??
Quote:
I just rechecked a few pictures on the internet and I think you are right ,all these are part of ZDi+ as you mentioned above.
Now Iam kind of getting more eager to know what else is omitted from all other variants except ZDi+.Infact these pics were posted on this thread earlier however I guess most of us overlooked these details.

I see that the chrome door handles start from ZDi as mentioned by ambee as well earlier , we see them in the pics from Ravenavi however the door handles are body colored in VDi+ as seen in pics below.
Some of the overdone chrome bits are specific to the ZDI+, as rightly pointed out by pdma. The ZDI looks much cleaner - in fact, I would have preferred body-colored door handles for the ZDI even (as on the VDI+). Those chrome door handles look out of place, specially for the maroon (Sangria Red) shade.

I bet the non-specified differences only lie in the chrome bits. Everything else is already detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Knowing Maruti these bits can be fit at the dealer and it could be pre-installed in ZDi+ variant.
Bet there will be a plethora of MGA accessories for the Ciaz with even more bling-bling zhatak chrome, to satiate those who love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carophilic View Post
Just got some confirmation from industry friends. The only reason Maruti is not doing launch earlier than tomorrow is because they have leaves till today. Expect launch at vasant kunj head office tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carophilic View Post
Now we have definite confirmation that launch will happen tomorrow at gurgaon kingdom of dreams before lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
Suraaksha Bangalore also confirmed that launch is tomorrow. Vehicle will be available for display but test drive may not be possible.

They promised to formally invite all customers who has booked the car for the launch ceremony. But, its a pity that no such invite has reached me yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
In fact I have been invited along w my family tomorrow by ABT in chennai to their guindy showroom at 430pm for the showroom launch.
I really hope the launch is tomorrow, because I have been in continuous touch with my dealer and he is ADAMANT that the launch is NOT tomorrow, but on the 9th of October. According to him:

- If the launch was scheduled for tomorrow, he would have got official e-mail communication/confirmation from MSIL for the same. No such thing.

- How could they prepare for such a big, pan-India launch after two FULL days of Maruti-Suzuki official holiday, after Dussehra day? Tomorrow is when the leaves are done with, and the personnel rejoin their work.

- All dealers receive corporate communications regarding launches, at least a week back. Same was in the case of the Celerio launch. But in the case of the Ciaz, he has received absolutely NO word.

Upon my pressing, he called up the Maruti Area Officer to confirm about the same, and called me back saying the Area Officer is also pleading complete ignorance about the impending launch tomorrow. As per the AO, the launch is scheduled for 9th October.

Now, either they have restricted tomorrow's launch to just the metros (or specific states), or they have moved the launch date. Either way, we will come to know for sure by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Good catch. Depressing that it does not have an appealing look. Just a plain jane car built for a purpose, hope that purpose is not missed by over shooting the cost of the car and then realising the mistake later imparing sales leading to multiple discounts.
It definitely appeals to the mind, once you take all the variables into the equation. It's not one which would tug at your heart. And that's a good thing - because practical options sell more in our market. MSIL has done well by keeping that specific target in their mind when they designed the Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Have been told that 4 cars have come and waiting period is anywhere between 2 to 4 months.
Diesel top end in 2 months and petrol automatic in 4 months.
If I have to wait for 2 months I rather wait for 2015 model or cross shop with a Honda city petrol. Hope Maruti dont pack in anymore shocks and disappointment.
Waiting for the ZDI+ has touched 6 months here! This, without the official launch done already! ZXI+ is being quoted for 4 months waiting. Either the dealers are purposefully over-inflating the waiting period to create unnecessary hype, or there is some legitimate demand for the Ciaz which we don't know of. From what I gathered, my dealership has only FOUR pre-launch bookings until yesterday - 2 petrols and 2 diesels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Are these HIDs or halogens? And is the projector only for low-beam or also for high-beam?
Normal halogens.

It's for low-beam only. High-beam bulbs are separate.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 21:06   #1490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Waiting for the ZDI+ has touched 6 months here! This, without the official launch done already! ZXI+ is being quoted for 4 months waiting. Either the dealers are purposefully over-inflating the waiting period to create unnecessary hype, or there is some legitimate demand for the Ciaz which we don't know of. From what I gathered, my dealership has only FOUR pre-launch bookings until yesterday - 2 petrols and 2 diesels.

Our city has 4 Maruti outlets managed by two separate dealerships. Every one had 10+ paid bookings(on 30th Sept) and this is something which I have personally seen in the booking register. So that amounts to 40+ bookings from my city only. So the hype is very much there. Even here ZXi+ has a waiting of minimum 6 months.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 00:56   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Comparison done by Motorbeam between Ciaz and City-
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti...city-shootout/
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 04:44   #1492
BHPian

Quote:

Even here ZXi+ has a waiting of minimum 6 months.
Shashi,

With a sold inventory already built up I guess the wait time will fairly be less for Ciaz (Possibly the major chunk of the inventory would be V+ & Z) , however for Z+ I still think 6 months is long . Anyways we will know the pulse of the market by the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Comparison done by Motorbeam between Ciaz and City.
Thank You Harry ,

We are pretty close to reading the review on this forum as well. I think both the cars have hits and misses and eventually boils down to individual choice of what is required , what is good to have but mandatory & what can be a compromised or overlooked.

Safety is definitely top priority for most of the people in today's world and I personally think Honda has scored some additional points here with ABS and driver side airbag as standard offering across all variants.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 6th October 2014 at 04:46. Reason: correction
Old 6th October 2014, 08:10   #1493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Comparison done by Motorbeam between Ciaz and City-
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti...city-shootout/

I doubt they got to TD both petrol and diesel versions extensively- but a very well written review nevertheless. Doesn't add much detail other than what we already know though.

For both engines- Maruti is going to highlight fuel efficiency as the main highlight, specially the petrol. Only time will tell how effective this strategy will turn out to be.
Old 6th October 2014, 08:38   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Motor in advanced stage of developing new diesel engine - a new 1.5-litre four-cylinder power plant targeting the Indian market.
It is working on two derivatives of a four-cylinder engine, a 1.6-litre variant for Europe and a 1.5-litre one for India.

Quote:
This new engine is expected to complement the existing Fiat multi-jet engine and will not replace it. The aim is to offer wider choice to the customers
Ciaz sedan will also likely get the engine when it is upgraded.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/44447976.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th October 2014 at 08:44.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:46   #1495
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Maruti confirms launch. Website is updated.

Quote:
Watch the CIAZ Launch Live here, 6th October 2014, 12pm onwards

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th October 2014 at 09:49.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 10:41   #1496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shashi,

With a sold inventory already built up I guess the wait time will fairly be less for Ciaz (Possibly the major chunk of the inventory would be V+ & Z) , however for Z+ I still think 6 months is long . Anyways we will know the pulse of the market by the end of the month.

Exactly, these are dealer estimated figures, and not the official one. BTW, I have been told that Dealer test drives/launches will begin from tomorrow, after Maruti officially launches it today.
Let's hope the prices are competitive, otherwise Maruti will find it really hard to sell this car.

OT- We'll be buying a Ciaz/City in March next year. In my family, there is a bit of bias towards Maruti, yet we are leaning towards Honda if we'll opt for a Petrol. Of course, in case of diesel its a no brainer - none of us liked the unrefined i-dtech, despite superb low end torque.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 11:02   #1497
Distinguished - BHPian

Direct link to the launch webcast:

http://www.webcastlive.in/maruti/live/

Helpful to those who are having trouble with pop-up videos from the official Ciaz website.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th October 2014 at 11:03.
Old 6th October 2014, 12:34   #1498
Distinguished - BHPian

Introductory prices

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2293
Size:  375.2 KB

My take- Petrol Prices are VFM, diesel seems to be a bit overpriced.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th October 2014 at 12:35.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 12:35   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Ciaz "Introductory" prices
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-ciaz-prices.jpg  

Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 12:55   #1500
BANNED

Not so good pricing, imo. Should have been priced at least 25k lesser to taken on an established City.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks