Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 22:24   #16
BANNED

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Super scoop, Anshuman!

Is it a Maruti-designed car, or Japanese Suzuki-designed car? Has it anything common between the first gen DZire?
Old 7th August 2013, 23:15   #17
BHPian

Being a Maruti, with class leading rear space, frugal engines, rear AC vents as mentioned, and the accompanying possible peace of mind, this can be an ideal executive vehicle for the working person who sits in the back seat and commutes. A possible success? why not?
Old 7th August 2013, 23:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Super scoop, Anshuman!

Is it a Maruti-designed car, or Japanese Suzuki-designed car? Has it anything common between the first gen DZire?
That was seriously very funny. For your sake, I hope that this was not a genuine query. When there is very little in common between the 1st gen & 2nd gen dzire, how is a car of a seemingly higher segment , still in concept/prototype stage with a release date much in the future , have any feature in common with a car launched more than 5 years ago , apart from having 5 wheels, 4 doors, 2 head lights and an engine.
gitartha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 00:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

I do expect a lot of parts sharing especially on the interior bits. Just hoping Maruti keeps the exteriors upmarket with proper-sized alloy wheels and good rear seat Legroom. I just had a ride in the Amaze recently and was really astonished by the rear-legroom that car offers.
This could be a perfect rival to the likes of the Etios Sunny-type cars.
Old 8th August 2013, 09:44   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Just hoping Maruti keeps the exteriors upmarket with proper-sized alloy wheels and good rear seat Legroom.
Li'l Birdie knows cars well, he says he is impressed with the styling. Alloys are 15" :( with 185 section tires, but rims look good.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:39   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Li'l Birdie knows cars well, he says he is impressed with the styling. Alloys are 15" :( with 185 section tires, but rims look good.
I guess Little Birdie has the real scoop photos! When can we expect it?
Old 8th August 2013, 11:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

This car seems to have all ingredients to push the aspirational value of the brand symbolised by 'S' to the next level. If the pricing is right and the interior space / comfort / ride is at par with the german duos, I see a product who can go head on with Honda City when it comes out with a Diesel version in Mid 2014.

All in all, right product as buyers in this segment do not bank all out on the brand value. Rather they look at the comfort / running costs / looks / Hassle free after sales service over a brand.

Its time for the Czech and the German to get its act straight in the after sales department and to address the high running cost involved in owning one.

Pricing of 7-10 [Petrol] and [8-11] seems the most probable bracket.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot @.anshuman, it means that the company is striving hard to retain its base in its bread & butter market & fend of competition from Koreans who are hawkish these days, the Japs who have come up with good products & the feisty American (s... maybe). The Europeans I fear are more of niche market players, & not a big threat at this point.

Hope the weight of car is lesser as compared to SX4, & the optimum sized tyres are definitely going to be boon for majority mileage conscious Indian. I feel the new petrol engine will also help shed the image of fuel heavy car SX4 had. also, I wish the car is rated 100+ bhp for the petrol, unlike the Ertiga which is rated 94 bhp. Further, I hope the CNG option is available from day one (already tested on Ertiga engine), despite news that CNG price may be increased by RS.9-12 very soon (it would still be cheaper over diesel to run in city ).
Old 8th August 2013, 11:52   #24
BHPian

If this has to compete in C+ category, then it must have Petrol and Diesel motors rated at minimum 105 horses, with a decent power to weight ratio. It will not sell only because of looks, and has to be a good to drive car.
Old 8th August 2013, 12:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Super scoop anshuman! For once it looks like Suzuki are not playing safe with the design. The headlamps look Chevrolet inspired and the rear reminds me of an Elantra. Maruti has to go shopping for a more powerful diesel for their bigger cars at some point. That 1.6 Fiat Multijet sounds about right.
Old 8th August 2013, 12:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Li'l Birdie
nice

Would the Li'l Birdie be also sharing info on the developments on the XA Alpha front?

Old 8th August 2013, 12:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

So the SX4 replacement and new segment between dzire and sx4 is going to be the same. Good move I feel. Since Maruti can surely have a good band to play with.

I still like SX4, its just that the interiors feel dated and no feature worth talking about.

Coming to the engines, 1.4L is a peppy engine developing 100+ BHP and with diesel prices going up, already the trend is shifting towards petrol engines. Even Maruti would want that only because for Diesel they need to pay royalty to Fiat.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

XA Alpha can be made out of a SX4 IMO

Is Maruti going Fluidic with this one?
Old 8th August 2013, 13:50   #29
BHPian

That is a nice scoop! Any estimation of timeline of its arrival? Good to see Maruti taking a fight in a segment in which it has not tasted much success. I am thinking Kizahi styled interiors to be in the Sx4.

However I am disappointed with the no AT option. I think Maruti is making some serious mistake by not offering this option.
Old 8th August 2013, 15:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

thank you .anshuman and little birdie for this.

While SX4 is a kind of failure in the current scenario, it has hardly had any changes since the beginning. Although every facelift and minor update is touted to be "all new" SX4, they should seriously do something to give new lease of life for the current SX4. While new styling would definitely help, the better capacity and output engines are most desirable from them for SX4. And yes, that would make mine a real old generation SX4
Closed Thread

Most Viewed