Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 21:07   #76
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

This thread is now getting in too much text or speculation without any spy pic.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:11   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance plumbing View Post
This thread is now getting in too much text or speculation without any spy pic.
Please scroll up a bit, and you will see .anshuman's post with the link to some real pics

Link here

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th August 2013 at 21:22.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 22:10   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

@Anshuman, I need an urgent info. Any idea on the date of launch? Please check your PM and revert back as I am in a fix now.
Old 20th August 2013, 00:26   #79
BANNED

With some of the drawbacks of the current SX4 (dated looks, bulky stance, massive A-pillar quarter glass, etc) resolved, will it sell well like its competitors? The answer lies in its price and equipment levels. Should be priced in the 6-8L category, with more equipments compared to its own stable mate Ertiga. Then, a customer in Maruti stable who is looking for utility purpose will go for Ertiga, and one who is looking for luxury will go for this new sedan, IMO.

With current SX4 VXi priced at 7.20L ex-showroom Delhi, an LXi model of this sedan can easily be priced at even 5.8L!

Vxi - LXi ~= 50K
1.6L engine - 1.4L engine ~= 50K
SX4 current discounts ~= 40K
Total: 1.4Lakhs
7.2L - 1.4L = 5.8L ex-showroom Delhi!

Seems like a production-ready model. Am I seeing Maruti Suzuki badge at the rear?. Anshuman, Little birdie took these photos in India?

The designers got Ertiga's headlamp from Swift by slicing its corner. And now, they got this head lamp by slicing Ertiga's head lamp!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-swift.jpg  

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-ertiga.jpg  

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-new.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 20th August 2013 at 00:48.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 10:14   #80
Senior - BHPian

awkward side profile (nice set of 16 inchers ought to change that) but apart from that, stunning looks. Not a huge fan of the cluttered headlight cluster but the overall shape and size looks nice a sporty. Love the addition of projectors too which are even missing in several D1 segment cars in our country :/

Just from the pics one can see that rear space ought to be lovely Cant wait to see this car in some other shade other than black which usually hides lines
Old 20th August 2013, 10:30   #81
BHPian

That is a brilliant scoop. A great successor of the SX4. Even though the SX4 was a fabulous car, it never really scored well partly because of the price or the looks. Even the breath of fresh engine wasn't enough. But this one looks very nicely proportioned. The front head light seems to follow the fluidic movement so those the rear. Strong impact of the Elantra is very evident or is it just me? As for interiors can't be sure but i believe it is goin to be in the lines of Swift, aptly put together. Hopefully we will get a 1.4 petrol to go with the car. Any idea when can we expect a launch? Diwali may be???
Old 20th August 2013, 10:54   #82
BHPian

The car looks promising. Any chance of interior shots? Currently the interiors of Swift, Dzire and Ertiga is almost identical. i hope it is not the case with the new car. also curious to know when it can be expected
Old 20th August 2013, 11:04   #83
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Well done. TBHP is the first to get images of the car !!
It looks production ready and i guess a Diwali launch must be planned.
Overall the face looks Hyundaish and the side profile looks like it belongs to the previous generation Verna. The car overall should appeal to many buyers in the segment but i still feel its not up there with the next generation styling of cars that we will expect to see with the new city due in 2014 and the facelifted verna. I hope they can offer an automatic version. Maruti has offered one with the Dzire.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Post edited. Please ensure smiley usage is restricted to two per post.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 20th August 2013 at 12:45. Reason: See mod note in post.
Old 20th August 2013, 11:10   #84
Senior - BHPian

A damn good front end design, but unfortunately they seem to have run out of ideas after that leaving the car with a rather drab looking side and rear. Bigger 16inch wheels on the top variant should help a bit, but I dont think it will be enough.

I hope the equipment list is extensive enough. Cars like the Vento, Verna, Fiesta and Linea have quite long feature lists.

But the biggest challenge for Maruti remains the lack of a suitable diesel engine. They need something with over 100hp and at least about 230Nm of torque and I am not too sure FIAT will be willing to obilige with their superb 1.6MJD.

Other than these actual issues, there is also the problem of a Maruti Suzuki badge lacking snob value.
Old 20th August 2013, 11:23   #85
BHPian

Side view looks a bit like Civic, and am not complaining.
Pricing will be interesting, am in the market for a new car next year.
Handa Jazz with a diesel looks mighty attractive if the price is right, but Maruti piece of mind is undeniable.
Old 20th August 2013, 11:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Details-
[*]Will have 1.3 DDIS 90hp Diesel and 1.4 K series Petrol motors from Ertiga.
[*]Seems to be based on the same platform as Ertiga.
Isn't the Ertiga based on the Swift platform?When will Maruti stop stretching the Swift platform and make a new platform for a new car?
Will the 1.4 K Petrol have the same power outputs as the Ertiga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The answer lies in its price and equipment levels. Should be priced in the 6-8L category, with more equipments compared to its own stable mate Ertiga. Then, a customer in Maruti stable who is looking for utility purpose will go for Ertiga, and one who is looking for luxury will go for this new sedan, IMO.

With current SX4 VXi priced at 7.20L ex-showroom Delhi, an LXi model of this sedan can easily be priced at even 5.8L!

Vxi - LXi ~= 50K
1.6L engine - 1.4L engine ~= 50K
SX4 current discounts ~= 40K
Total: 1.4Lakhs
7.2L - 1.4L = 5.8L ex-showroom Delhi!
I guess Maruti would not want to price it so low as it would be perceived to be a segment lower than the Honda City/VW Vento which they might be targeting.Also,at that price it might cannibalize the Dzire to a major extent.
The should price it bang on with the Sunny at about 6.5 lakhs.This would also price it right above the Dzire as the ZXi is priced at 6.5L.

Hopefully the parts sharing with Swift/Dzire would not be to a massive extent.
Is this the car that was reported (by ACI and others) to be the car that will exist between the Dzire and SX4 sometime back?

Last edited by Marauder : 20th August 2013 at 11:31.
Old 20th August 2013, 11:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

I see lots of people complaining about engines. Personally i am with Maruti here. With petrol prices going near to 80 & diesel prices going near 60, i guess many people will prefer higher efficient engines than higher performance engines. With Dollar increasing daily, soon petrol & diesel prices are going up only. If this car in diesel version gives average of 20+ on highway & 15+ in city like Swift does, i am sure lots of people will be happy. Also 90 BHP multijet is not that bad as people are saying. Sure its little on slower side, but once in turbo range, its much better. If its giving good mileage then who cares. I know some BHPians will not like it but common Mango People (Aam Janta) will surely like it. Maruti will mainly sell multijets only. K1.4 series engine is also good i guess with better efficiency.

Anyways, overall car looks good. I didn't like the front grill though. Too much chrome. I guess its high time that we should get 3-4 types of front grills as per individuals choice. Pricing needs to be good. I guess it will be in the range of 7-10 Lacs. Base model they will price below base model of Honda City. Lets see. I guess they will launch this car before Diwali to cash festive season.

Last edited by aniketi : 20th August 2013 at 11:34. Reason: spelling corrected
Old 20th August 2013, 12:06   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In our market where a mere 1.8L in the Civic failed...
Though this is OT, I'd like to know why you think Civic failed.

Please don't go by the recent sales numbers, but in my view, Civic is one of the best cars in the segment, and has largely been a success story. In fact, it was one of the cars which set a benchmark for the D segment.

Last edited by Tats07 : 20th August 2013 at 12:08.
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 14:20   #89
Senior - BHPian

While the front is a Cruze looklike, side profile is old A6/A8, which by no standard is a bad thing! At the rear, I see a bit of Bimmer here, all in all a winner from MSIL and thank god a proper sedan
Old 20th August 2013, 14:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the engine options. To succeed in the segment, Maruti would need engines with good performance. Hope they will bring 1.6 L diesel engine. Otherwise they would not be able to gain much market share from Rapid, Vento etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks