Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 10:23   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I will keep my question simple. Are these pics taken in India ? If yes then is the 2013 launch probable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Is Maruti planning to set fireworks around Diwali? I am waiting.
Another source dropped a line this morning. According to him production is scheduled to start in July 2014.
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 10:26   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

This new sedan( code name YL1) is expected to be placed between the compact sedan Swift DZire and the SX4.

The next gen SX4, which might be based on the Authentics concept that Suzuki showcased recently, has good chances of being launched in the entry level D segment of our car market and this means that the YL1 has good chances of completely replacing the current SX4 sedan in India.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 10:29   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Another source dropped a line this morning. According to him production is scheduled to start in July 2014.
So that rules out this diwali. i Suspected this diwali since there has been no sightings of this car on the road. i suppose it will be showcased in the Autoexpo and made available from middle of next year, so it is still an year away.

thanks anshuman. this really helps a lot of us who are looking at buying a car soon
Old 21st August 2013, 10:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, There goes my excitement.

I find the car to be very exciting for present scenario. Production in second half of next year means we will only see the car hitting showrooms by diwali 2014 and mostly see the cars on road only in 2015.

By then Honda and Hyundai will also be ready with their answers(which will mostly be better too)

Sigh!!
Old 21st August 2013, 10:35   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I find the car to be very exciting for present scenario. Production in second half of next year means we will only see the car hitting showrooms by diwali 2014
Maruti has all their future launches planned in 2014.

First of these would be a car that has been codenamed as YL7. The YL7 will make its public debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 and might go on sale later next year. The Maruti Suzuki YL7 will be based on the carmaker’s small-car platform and might replace the slow selling A-Star and Estilo.

The second new Maruti car that might be launched next year has been codenamed as the YL1 and will be a contender in the C segment of our car market. This sedan is expected to go on sale in the third quarter of next year and might be positioned between the Dzire and the SX4.

The next gen SX4, which might be based on the Authentics concept that Suzuki showcased recently, has good chances of being launched in the entry level D segment of our car market and this means that the YL1 has good chances of completely replacing the current SX4 sedan . Launch in 2014.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 11:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Well that's a downer. I was hoping for a surprise Diwali launch. Sigh

And July 2014 seems like a little late to the party, given that Hyundai, Honda and VW all would have updated/almost close to updating their current gen sedans. The YL1 according to me looks great now, but 1 full year down the line?
I am not so sure...
Old 21st August 2013, 11:26   #127
BHPian

The interior pics look good. The much needed premium feel. Price it right with a good diesel mill(yeah, much discussed over here) and this might sell in large numbers. I would like if this is not brought as an SX4 replacement but termed as a whole new car.

The exterior pics remind me of the Jag at the rear. I really liked the front headlamp assembly. Eagerly waiting for this now.
Old 21st August 2013, 11:54   #128
BHPian

Will this come with an automatic variant?
Old 21st August 2013, 11:59   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

In my view Maruti should have given their mini - SUV project more priority than the YL1. Sedan market is not exactly booming and they have to take up on established brands (Honda City, VW Vento). SUV is the most promising market and Maruti's answer to the same is expected only by 2014 end or 2015 start.
Old 21st August 2013, 12:32   #130
BHPian

From these pictures, the interiors look ALOT like VW cars and I mean in a good way! Whether the quality matches up remains to be seen.
Old 21st August 2013, 12:52   #131
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant car. Brilliant scoop. Timing not brilliant though. Next year seems too late for this car. It looks almost production ready, then why so late? Maruti should launch it ASAP to take advantage. Overall nice car. I liked it almost 100% as always. Some thing dislikes us all. I didn't like the too much chrome in the front and the typical 3 spoke steering. Maruti, please give us new steering now, this car deserves better. Gear knob looks new, fresh & cool.
Old 21st August 2013, 13:06   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wow that's late. From the features it looks to cater to current requirements. Next year this time will be an entirely different market.

Honda will have new gen City, Toyota may pull something out of the bag, Hyundai may freshen the Verna and VW might revamp the Vento.

Compact SUV's will also be more popular.

Next year is a big gamble. The car looks stylish and smart but not particularly ground breaking or futurustic.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 13:20   #133
Team-BHP Support

It seems like a good car. But like Viddy said, the competition would have not only caught up, but gone beyond the likes of this SX4 replacement.

They need to have this car in production by the year end at least.

The engine should keep people satisfied, but I hope they don't skimp on overall build quality and fit / finish.

Thanks Anshuman! Great scoop!
Old 21st August 2013, 13:33   #134
BHPian

Thanks for this excellent scoop. Happy that Maruti has finally realized that it needs to do something about the SX4 replacement. The SX4 is just too bloated and huge. Maruti has all but conceded this segment to Honda, Hyundai and VW. But mid next year is just too late in my opinion. Also the Sedan segment is not going to grow by much. Atleast a launch towards the end of the year with deliveries early next year would have been good.
Old 21st August 2013, 14:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has missed a trick here. July next year is way too late. Interiors look good for this year. Major competition it will face from New city with diesel motor. Any particular reason for production starting so late?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks