Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 07:53   #1381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Secondly, I am one who prefers the top end offering always. I m definitely not someone who thinks buying a Swift Vxi and getting it decked outside saves me money.
Exactly. Whatever it is, either good or bad, for me, factory fit is best. No doubts and I trust them more than the aftermarket guys.

I feel ZXi / ZDi will be selling variants.

Anurag.
Old 25th September 2014, 08:38   #1382
BHPian

I wonder what will happen to the Ciaz euphoria with the launch of the Vento TDi DSG, that too at a mouth-watering price and below that of the Honda i-DTEC VX!

The car wars begin!
Old 25th September 2014, 09:12   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
I am going out on a limb to say that the petrol version will start at 5.99 ex showroom and diesel at 6.99 ex showroom. Of course, they will be revised in January by 25k.
There is no comparison between the two. Look at the number of posts, views in Vento thread and look here. Vento is way past its shelf life, offers hardly any features is cramped and a simple bumper and light job is not enough. It's a given it would be more fun to drive but look at the most fun to drive car in segment Fiesta and look at its sales. Ciaz will only compete with City and to some extent Verna the rest of the cars in the segment will go the Linea way.
Old 25th September 2014, 09:21   #1384

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Just spoke to my dealer Autovista at Kharghar. He has informed me that the official launch is on the 3rd of October and all customers who have booked will be invited for the official showroom launch and test drive.

Also the waiting period for the ZDi+ variant is already 4 months. MSIL sucks at inventory planning, had the same experience when I had booked the Swift ZDi in 2011.
Old 25th September 2014, 09:37   #1385
BANNED

The Ciaz offers which none of the other cars offer - maintenance and service at the cost of the Ertiga, which has also established volumes. Dealers are happy at this, customers will be happy about this, and now the rest is up to the pricing of the first 5-10k sales to bring visibility. Just cross-check this aspect at any dealer workshop, not just the showroom.

As for the infotainment centre, frankly, who does not have a tablet or smartphone anymore? I think the ZDi is brilliant from the self-driven point of view, and VDi+ for the people with drivers.
Old 25th September 2014, 10:44   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvapg View Post
Just spoke to my dealer Autovista at Kharghar. He has informed me that the official launch is on the 3rd of October and all customers who have booked will be invited for the official showroom launch and test drive.

Also the waiting period for the ZDi+ variant is already 4 months. MSIL sucks at inventory planning, had the same experience when I had booked the Swift ZDi in 2011.
Which is in contradiction to what my dealer (ABT in Chennai) promised to me. For the uninitiated, ABT is a big dealer in TN. I told my dealer at the time of booking the vehicle that I will make the final choice (b/w diesel and petrol Z and Z+ trims) only after TD. He said the delivery times will not be impacted a result. In fact I checked with him even two days ago - he maintains the stance.
Old 25th September 2014, 11:37   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
The Ciaz variants information is out see below

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-390606.aspx
From the horse's mouth - An extract from the brochure which was given during dealer product training sessions!

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-c-i-z-specification-001.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-c-i-z-specification-002.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-c-i-z-specification-003.jpg
bhaskaracs is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 12:35   #1388
BANNED

Our dealer in Delhi has also confirmed to us that version / fuel change will not be an issue but also said that as per their estimation about 11k vehicles have been booked all-India not including fleet bookings. No guesswork on prices offered.
Old 25th September 2014, 21:35   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Unlike Honda, MSIL should have shorter delivery period for the CIAZ. Firstly MSIL has been producing this car for over a month and would have built a substantial inventory till now, secondly I do not expect to command as much customer interest as HONDA which has always been "the aspirational brand" in this segment.
Old 25th September 2014, 21:58   #1390
Team-BHP Support

The wheelbase of 2650mm is so close to what D-segmenters like the Civic (2700mm) offered not so long ago! C segmenters are really matching the old D's in terms of size. Only engine sizes are going south!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 22:26   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The wheelbase of 2650mm is so close to what D-segmenters like the Civic (2700mm) offered not so long ago! C segmenters are really matching the old D's in terms of size. Only engine sizes are going south!
Very well said, the cars are increasing in size but either with the same engines or in some cases like Ciaz where the engine is downsized.
I can understand smaller engines but at least provide some new technologies like turbocharged petrol engines to match up to the power of the previous car.

More features, more bling, bigger size but the same old or even less powerful engines

I am happy that VW/Skoda is doing a good job by bringing in latest technogies like the TSI engine and DSG transmissions to this segment and even below.

Maruti is the Hero Honda of cars... they are good in tweaking stuff and coming up with sticker jobs for facelifts. They have been the market leader for so long but absolutely zero in innovation...if not in technology, at least show some flair in design!

Last edited by adimicra : 25th September 2014 at 22:46.
adimicra is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 22:37   #1392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Maruti is the Hero Honda of cars...
Oh yes they are, and it seems in the vehicle naming dept. too. Both choose to go with weird names for their products

Ciaz, at least to me; sounds like - See A$$. Or maybe I just have a dirty mind

Why can the names not be simple, elegant.

I am predicting many jokes doing the rounds on this car's name, very much like one of Skoda's phallic offerings

Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 23:46   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
There is no comparison between the two.
You are actually correct. I would pick the Vento DSG diesel every single time over the Ciaz DDIS(this is of course based on what I have read about the Ciaz so far). My colleague was looking for an automatic petrol sedan and i was closely involved with him on the decision. Once we drove the TSI polo, there was no way we could go for the City CVT over the DSG. I believe Vento TSI is the petrol car to buy in the segment. It is pretty decently kitted too except for the too fancy stuff. One real thing i would miss is the cruise control. My pick in the segment to buy would be no doubt the Vento TSI closely followed by the Tjet. Diesel it would be again Vento or Rapid. After sales be damned.

Ciaz would still sell though because the public wants something else from their car. I know it. I drive a Fiat. LOL!!

Last edited by vibbs : 25th September 2014 at 23:47.
vibbs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 10:54   #1394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Maruti is the Hero Honda of cars... they are good in tweaking stuff and coming up with sticker jobs for facelifts. They have been the market leader for so long but absolutely zero in innovation...if not in technology, at least show some flair in design!
True to a large extent, especially if you look at the past. They have always milked upto the last drop of all their technologies until woken up by competition. Just like launch of MPFI tech. However, with competition heating up, Maruti is preparing itself for the showdown.

In recent past, they have given the Indian market its first AMT (though debatable, but still Maruti took it to masses in a very simple way) and just read on the forum a few days back that they are in the advanced stages of developing the first mass hybrid car. Bringing these technologies to general masses is something only Maruti can do because of its wider acceptability and higher sales to spread the costs over large numbers. And I believe they are now doing so. AMT is all set to make its way into the entry level cars of Maruti. Should we get the hybrids, it will be perfect for our households which is reeling under fuel costs impacts.

Just wish that they look into the safety aspects too.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 20:34   #1395
Distinguished - BHPian

Some information from Sales Manager of a local showroom
1. Ciaz petrol range will start from 7 Lacs Ex-showroom Delhi. Expect pricing like 6.99 from Maruti. Diesel from 7.85 Lacs. Prices according to Ex-showroom Delhi. Training for the vehicle is over. Maruti has also hired fresh staff exclusively for Ciaz.
2. One Ciaz of White color was unloaded at the yard today. Looks imposing and premium. Additionally, I noticed about 12 Trailers full of Maruti Cars(Mostly Wagon R and Alto, no Swift siblings) waiting to be unloaded. This is unusual as maximum 3-4 trailers come to the yard daily. Showroom manager told me Maruti is billing extra cars to them and are asking them to maintain a surplus of every model for the festive season.
3. They have been asked to sell off remaining units of Swift and Dzire ASAP. The updated models are expected anytime before Diwali.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks