Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 13:40   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Im surprised to see so many posts claiming that the Ciaz will outsell the City , Verna etc. without even Test driving the car and without knowing the pricing along with Anti- City and Anti- Ciaz comments.

Honestly this is the best effort from MSIL after SX4 and Baleno. You just cannot hate the Ciaz . The only reason the Ciaz might not sell in larger volumes could be the MSIL brand perception in this segment. I hope they price it well and wish the Ciaz sells well to increase their brand image as well.
I don't think anyone is claiming that Ciaz will outsell City or Verna rather it's an assumption that it would do better than its previous outgoing model and Ciaz would probably take a chunk of market share from the above mentioned brands.

I doubt many are worried about the brand perception of MSIL. Though it exists, good initial sales and positive reviews might change the perception of MSIL. It depends a whole lot on the initial reviews once it goes on road.
Old 29th September 2014, 15:03   #1427
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Birdie has tweeted that the Ciaz pricing will be more or less similar to the present SX4 pricing.

Top ZDI+ variant is expected to be in the range of 11 lacs, OTR Delhi.

More info as soon as I receive them.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 15:19   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
The only reason the Ciaz might not sell in larger volumes could be the MSIL brand perception in this segment. I hope they price it well and wish the Ciaz sells well to increase their brand image as well.
We have not seen the car. We dont know its price yet. And as your rightly said MSIL brand perception is associated with efficient vehicles for middle class. Yet, my view is CIAZ ('IF' it turns out to be a good vehicle post our TD and relative commercial considerations) will definitely outsell Verna and City (due in part to their own limitations) because:

1) There is a huge aspirational yet conservative (ironical, yet true) Indian middle class who place their blind faith in MSIL and who are keen to upgrade. I fundamentally believe CIAZ is a car through which MSIL belives there is space for every auto major in the C segment. Their current target base is just those current MSIL customers who wish to stick to the brand when they upgrade

2) Perceptions are likely to change. In a recent interview (which all of you mus have read), Mayank Parekh mentioned how their mission is to woo customers in the CIAZ segment and not treat them like an Alto customer (going lengths in engaging customers for weeks at times even taking the CIAZ to their residences if you will, to close - which they never had to do with a typica Alto customer who is asked to wait for half hour in their showroom to do a TD)

3) Talking about perceptions, MSIL had no business in launching a vehicle which is just 3-4cm short of Hyundai Elantra in length, width and wheel base. It is just part of a holistic attempt to change perceptions and give the faithful customer base a luxury within their reach to cheer about. We Indians like things big (I know Linea is longer! - dont lynch me yet). They could have launched a vehicle similar to Toyota Vios (yet to be launched in India in 15) - which will probably continue to rely on the world-class Toyota brand name (and fall short in sales) as it is yet another car amongst the tens out there. On a lighter note, on seeing CIAZ my mother might tell her sisters that I bought a car which is very easy to get in and out and has a loads of space in it ala Jetta/Altis implying luxury.

4) I have done my calculation using the number of cars plying on roads and manufacured between 2008 to 2014 with decreasing probability of upgrade. Even assuming 50% current MSIL customers (driving Dzire/Swift) show sustained loyalty to MSIL when combined with the fact that CIAZ turns out to be a reliable car laden with all bells and whistles, it will sell 10000+ per month.

I may still not buy a CIAZ - I don't own an MSIL car! But I am not a non-believer either

Ahem!
bhaskaracs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:01   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie has tweeted that the Ciaz pricing will be more or less similar to the present SX4 pricing.

More info as soon as I receive them.
If this is true, then its a good bargain for sure. ZDI at 11 OTR is just 2 good. Lot of people will go for it then. ZXi will be then less than or around 10 Lacs which is great. Lets hope this pricing is true.
Old 29th September 2014, 16:54   #1430
BANNED

Quote:
That means Ciaz VXi will be priced around 7.25L in Delhi? That will be a bit of a downer. Using a smaller engine, they should price VXi around 6.75L though the car is coming with more features, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 29th September 2014 at 17:15.
Old 29th September 2014, 17:30   #1431
BANNED

Maruti Ciaz Launching On October 6, 2014

Quote:
The long wait for the much-awaited mid-sized sedan, the*Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, will finally end on October 6, 2014. Earlier, there were rumours about the car launching on October 5, but the company seems to have postponed it by a day.

Expected to be priced between*Rs.*7.5 lakh -*Rs.*11.5 lakh.
SOURCE:
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-672435

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th September 2014 at 17:33.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 17:59   #1432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
We have not seen the car. We dont know its price yet. And as your rightly said MSIL brand perception is associated with efficient vehicles for middle class. Yet, my view is CIAZ ('IF' it turns out to be a good vehicle post our TD and relative commercial considerations) will definitely outsell Verna and City (due in part to their own limitations) because:
!
Agree with your analysis. Since they also seem to be getting the pricing sweet, I think they can show people that it's not only brand that matters here. As I had told previously, they should compensate the absence of certain elements by providing something better in terms of price and the experience the customer gets before and after buying a car.

One thing for sure is that Maruti Suzuki dealers have lost the kind of heavy headed attitude that was present a few years back when the swift and dzire had long waiting. Today, whether you book an alto or an Ertiga, the customers are treated in such a way that they don't feel they're buying vegetables. These are the elements which still makes them sell well irrespective of competitors firing products against them.

Given this pricing and the initiatives taken to differentiate the Ciaz from the rest of the Line up, I guess it will take in serious number of buyers. In short, they should conceal the drawbacks of the car, and that's enough to send the Verna home at least, if not City.
Old 29th September 2014, 18:02   #1433
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the Ciaz Ad on TV and couldn't stop myself from asking that as new Scorpio is also launched recently, won't it be appropriate that Scorpio comes out with an Ad based on their previous theme of Sedan bully in reply to Ciaz's 'Make way for Ciaz' theme.

Last edited by carwatcher : 29th September 2014 at 18:04.
Old 30th September 2014, 07:37   #1434
BHPian

Quote:

This is definitely aggressive pricing from Maruthi if true.
A post from NDTV quoted by anurag says 11.5 however I guess this is ex-showroom price New Delhi , we need to wait for the actual numbers.
I was trying to post this using the mobile app and I got the message " This thread has been Closed" , for a moment this exited me as usually the Mods close the scoop thread as soon as the Official review is out. However my search only ended with a realization that the wait continues for the official review , and Iam now able to post using my computer .

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-screenshot_20140929192216.jpg

I have been observing that there are no reviews being put up recently Eg : Mahindra Scorpio , VW 7 Speed DSG. May it is only my interpretation / perception and I definitely want to be proven wrong as there is no other place which gives such elaborate and detailed reviews .

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 30th September 2014, 08:23   #1435
BANNED

Till Maruti officially releases the prices, it is all speculation. From the NDTV article, the launch is on 6th October so we should be having the prices for all variants to continue the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I have been observing that there are no reviews being put up recently Eg : Mahindra Scorpio , VW 7 Speed DSG.
Sir, give the MODS some time.

They need to be invited by the manufacturers -> the TD should happen -> come back home and start writing / compiling the review and processing the pictures. After all this, it'll be out for us to read.

I am myself waiting for the Ciaz review, hope it comes out soon.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 08:35   #1436
BANNED

All Suzuki vehicle reviews would anyways be delayed as the OEM does not invite Team BHP to TDs. It's all up to the Mods to get hold of the car and then prepare the review. Remember Celerio. I expect a review by December mid at the earliest. Mods, correct me if I am wrong..:(
Old 30th September 2014, 09:42   #1437
Team-BHP Support

11L OTR Delhi sure is aggressive pricing. That should translate to around 12L in bangalore which is a cool 2L less than the Honda City VX (Which gets more features also though). Add to their luck, there are no new launches scheduled for that segment very soon, to shift the game rapidly away from them this time. (Except for the minor Verna facelift).

Should get them back in the game this time.
Old 30th September 2014, 10:18   #1438
BHPian

Any idea how would the automatic CIAZ Petrol be to drive on a daily basis in the city considering it is a four speed box ? And also what would be the city mileage approximately?
I read on another forum that petrol automatic would be or rather does have ARAI rated fuel consumption at 19.3 odd kmpl(please correct me if i am wrong).

Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 10:29   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carophilic View Post
All Suzuki vehicle reviews would anyways be delayed as the OEM does not invite Team BHP to TDs. It's all up to the Mods to get hold of the car and then prepare the review. Remember Celerio. I expect a review by December mid at the earliest. Mods, correct me if I am wrong..:(
What? Team BHP did not get invited to do a TD of the Ciaz? Is there any particular reason that Maruti and TBHP had a fallout?
Even the never heard of car reviewers seem to have got the car in hand for a TD and their first impression is out long long time back.
I was thinking because of the exhaustive nature of the reviews here that it takes more time to compose and publish or because they want all the facts including the price.
Will wait for the best of the kind review and comparison even if takes another month.

Ciaz is unfolding in a very slow pace and getting a little annoying at this point. I better move to the VW or the Rapid.
Old 30th September 2014, 10:41   #1440
Lij
BHPian

Not sure about Maruti not inviting T-BHP for the drive.
But what I have observed is that T-BHP usually comes out with extensive review on or after the launch day, with pricing details.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks