Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 13:27   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Latest spy pics of the Ciaz from Gurgaon, courtesy Motorbeam:

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-500x375xmarutisuzukiciazspied.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xskqckwqg1.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-500x375xmarutisuzukiciazspyshot.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oxlmjn5nz8.jpg

IMO there should be lesser cameo after it has been unveiled at the Auto-Expo 2014.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 16:30   #332
BHPian

When the SX4 came out in 2007, it was quite a game changer. Features that were previously seen only in higher segments (steering mounted audio controls, Climate Control, ABS, Airbags) were present in this car. Also, it was priced very well. Couple that with a good punchy engine and Maruti's stellar reliability and after sale support, it was a great overall package!
I really hope Maruti does something similar with the Ciaz this year, and shakes up the otherwise boring C segment. If Maruti can make a car with good build quality and load it good equipment/features, I'm sure it will do well. And I really hope we get more powerful engines. Its competition -The City and Verna both have petrol engines that are rated at around 120 horses.
Old 10th March 2014, 11:55   #333
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Got a weird info couple of days back while speaking to the MD of a reputed Maruti dealer chain from Bangalore.
I had asked him directly about the timelines for CIAZ/YL1 and the engine options.
What he told me was the YL1 being launched this year is a dicey proposition.
But what was even more weird is that when i told him about the SX4 being taken off the market, he said that a facelifted SX4 is on the verge of release.

Is there any possibility that the test mules that have been spotted around Gurgaon might be one of those SX4 facelifted on the lines of the authentics philosophy just like Hyundai did with the Verna before they launched their flagship Fluidic Sedan, the Elantra?

Would like to know your view and comments on this.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:33   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
But what was even more weird is that when i told him about the SX4 being taken off the market, he said that a facelifted SX4 is on the verge of release.

Is there any possibility that the test mules that have been spotted around Gurgaon might be one of those SX4 facelifted on the lines of the authentics philosophy just like Hyundai did with the Verna before they launched their flagship Fluidic Sedan, the Elantra?

I just have one question for you; does the YL1 seem like a facelift to you?

The possibility of another SX4 facelift is highly improbable. We have already seen the last updates that the SX4 sedan will ever receive and I am confident that the next sedan will be the all new YL1/Ciaz. For starters it makes absolutely no sense for a company to be releasing a facelift of a model that is on its last legs and has already received a facelift, while they are testing the brand new replacement product out on the streets. I have learnt that you can't really trust showroom people when it comes to this sort of stuff. They are merely trusted with selling the cars and they have no technical affiliation with the brand whose product they are selling.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 13:02   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I just have one question for you; does the YL1 seem like a facelift to you?

The possibility of another SX4 facelift is highly improbable. We have already seen the last updates that the SX4 sedan will ever receive and I am confident that the next sedan will be the all new YL1/Ciaz. For starters it makes absolutely no sense for a company to be releasing a facelift of a model that is on its last legs and has already received a facelift, while they are testing the brand new replacement product out on the streets. I have learnt that you can't really trust showroom people when it comes to this sort of stuff. They are merely trusted with selling the cars and they have no technical affiliation with the brand whose product they are selling.
If you read my post carefully you will notice that i wrote about 2 cars.The SX4 facelift and the YL1 never did i term the YL1 as a facelift.What i wanted to discuss was that can there be a possibility that the test mules that have been spotted which we think to be the YL1 be in reallity the SX4 authentics facelift.
To further get into the fine print there may always be a possibility that Maruti retain the SX4 for the segment it caters to and bring in the YL1 to compete in the 10 lakhs plus segment , like with the Cruz.
Another interesting point to note is that in the auto expo the YL1 display remotely even didnt represent a model at advanced stages to hit production.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 10th March 2014, 13:35   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you read my post carefully you will notice that i wrote about 2 cars.The SX4 facelift and the YL1 never did i term the YL1 as a facelift.What i wanted to discuss was that can there be a possibility that the test mules that have been spotted which we think to be the YL1 be in reallity the SX4 authentics facelift.
To further get into the fine print there may always be a possibility that Maruti retain the SX4 for the segment it caters to and bring in the YL1 to compete in the 10 lakhs plus segment , like with the Cruz.
Another interesting point to note is that in the auto expo the YL1 display remotely even didnt represent a model at advanced stages to hit production.
Just my 2 cents.
If they ever retain the SX4, it might be to compete in the lower C1 segment like what Fiat did with the Linea Classic or ford with their Fiesta Classic because the product is alreay doing poorly so letting it stay where it is will only damage the brand's image that they are doing a lot to resolve.

Have you seen the spy pics? Do they not resemble the un-camouflaged version of the YL1 shown at the start of this thread? With completely different interior and exterior design not to mention space and features, it is downright silly to imagine it to be a facelift mate. Just my two cents.

The aunthentics concept on display was just that. A concept. While people may argue that the YL1 test mules aren't as nice looking as the concept, they obviously seem to be a result of the concept that was displayed at the auto expo so it is safe to assume that that is how they will look like when they go into production too.
Old 10th March 2014, 20:49   #337
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Got a weird info couple of days back while speaking to the MD of a reputed Maruti dealer chain from Bangalore.
I had asked him directly about the timelines for CIAZ/YL1 and the engine options.

He is referring to the new SX4 S-Cross SUV which will be launched before Ciaz.
Old 10th March 2014, 23:33   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I guess SX4 cross is supposed to be launched later since as per reports on forum Maruti is yet to decide on the same. YL1 is supposed to be launched by year end.
Old 12th March 2014, 09:43   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Ciaz will be released in Aug - Oct 2014 while S Cross will debut later and speculated time frame is early 2015.
Old 19th March 2014, 01:03   #340
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/indiancaren...29716127060069

A big scoop by the folks at Indian Car Enthusiasts, they are very confident about the scoop and claim their source is closely related in the production of Ciaz.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 19th March 2014, 01:38   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
https://www.facebook.com/indiancaren...29716127060069

A big scoop by the folks at Indian Car Enthusiasts, they are very confident about the scoop and claim their source is closely related in the production of Ciaz.

Mixed feeling about this: isn't the car supposed to battle it out in the premium C segment? 1.3 MultiJet in a D segment car? Who are they trying to kid around here? Dimensions close to the concept? In which case, what is the test car that we see all around the place? A similar looking car just smaller? I really cannot trust this "source"

Interesting to read about the CVT though. Hope it is true.
Old 19th March 2014, 01:56   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Mixed feeling about this: isn't the car supposed to battle it out in the premium C segment? 1.3 MultiJet in a D segment car? Who are they trying to kid around here? Dimensions close to the concept? In which case, what is the test car that we see all around the place? A similar looking car just smaller? I really cannot trust this "source"

Interesting to read about the CVT though. Hope it is true.

I guess the D Segment could be a typing error, as they have mentioned the (mid-Size) sedan segment and well buddy we do not know the dimensions of the car undergoing tests too! So, well we cannot comment on the size either! The car will be replacing SX4 so I guess plonking in the same 1.3 heart isn't much of a surprise atleast for me though what's disappointing is upon launch the car will be available only in its diesel avatar.

Old 19th March 2014, 08:25   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I guess the D Segment could be a typing error, as they have mentioned the (mid-Size) sedan segment and well buddy we do not know the dimensions of the car undergoing tests too! So, well we cannot comment on the size either! The car will be replacing SX4 so I guess plonking in the same 1.3 heart isn't much of a surprise atleast for me though what's disappointing is upon launch the car will be available only in its diesel avatar.

Makes a lot more sense now Now the 1.3 MJD makes sense though I'd love for them to bring the 1.6. However from what it looks like, I am confident it will sell pretty fast and if they actually bring out a CVT driven MultiJet diesel, then that would definitely be something to watch out for.
Old 19th March 2014, 08:30   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

From what i know-
-YL1 is being tested, discussed engines, also AT is being tested, possibly AMT.
-SX4 Cross with 1.3 DDIS/Multijet is also being tested.

So, what i think is- both cars are coming, SX4 targeted at Duster/Ecosport and YL1 targeted at City/Verna/Vento.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th March 2014 at 08:31.
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 12:12   #345
Senior - BHPian

I am sure MUL will not launch this car in D segment. MUL in that sense is very sensible & they know their limitations. They will target C segment only and compete with City, Verna etc.

Just one question to all: Does engine CC only makes car belong to any particular segment? Not correct i know. But people suddenly started making noise about 1.3 L engine for Ciaz. Toyota Corolla comes with 1.4 L diesel engine same as Liva but is in D segment. Similarly Renault Fluence comes with 1.5 L diesel engine same as Micra, Pulse but also falls in D segment. So i guess its the features, size & price that defines the segment.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed