Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 11:13   #1
BHPian

Skoda: Steps towards Transparency - Online Service Cost Calculator & Owners Manual

Skoda has made available full service cost calculator and owner's manuals for its entire lineup completely online. The service cost calculator gives the city wise costs for all services till 1.5 lakh kms (or 10 years). The service costs include routine services along with costs for any separate services like Clutch Overhauls, Brake service etc. along with associated labour costs.

Service Cost Calculator:

Following are the snapshots of a case where I have selected Laura Ambition 2.0 TDI, with 6 year (90,000 KMS) service along with a clutch overhaul.

Skoda: Steps towards Transparency - Online Service Cost Calculator & Owners Manual-skodaservicecalc1.jpg

Skoda: Steps towards Transparency - Online Service Cost Calculator & Owners Manual-skodaservicecalc2.jpg

Skoda: Steps towards Transparency - Online Service Cost Calculator & Owners Manual-skodaservicecalc3.jpg

This shows the complete break-up of all costs along with associated labour charges.

Access Service Cost Calculator at
: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/Service-Cost-Calculator

Ownership Manuals:

Following sis the link to access the owner's manual for all current Skoda cars: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/Worldwid...Documentation/

Mods: Please move to appropriate section if required, thanks
sarthakgupta is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 11:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda: Steps towards Transparency - Service Cost Calculators and Owners Manual No

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Mods: Please move to appropriate section if required, thanks
Thanks sarthakgupta. Hope this goes a long way in getting the ASS aspects at Skoda on a straight line. Everyone have been suffering for quiet some time due to varying nature of the expenses at every workshop interaction of the vehicles. This will provide the validation ground for such interactions from now on.
yogibear007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 11:29   #3
BHPian

Re: Skoda: Steps towards Transparency - Service Cost Calculators and Owners Manual No

This is indeed a welcome move. I expect more of such good things from skoda tomorrow when the unveiling of the octavia happens. I think skoda is getting serious especially with chairman of the board coming for the unveiling
Old 8th August 2013, 11:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting this. I can confirm that when I went for giving my Rapid for the one year/15k service, I was charged in the region of what was estimated in the calculator. In fact, the final amount came up lesser by Rs.300/400 .Kudos to Skoda for implementing transparent practices with respect to service.
Old 8th August 2013, 12:54   #5
BHPian

Re: Skoda:Steps towards Transparency-Service Cost Calculators & Owners Manual Now Onl

Very, very welcome move. Kudos to Skoda India and their new MD. More such initiatives, along with strong on-the-ground implementation and monitoring of service quality and in 2 years, Skoda will cover all lost ground. Consumers don't mind paying (as Toyota et al know), they seek value for money, predictability and transparency- that's all. Well done.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:01   #6
BHPian

Re: Skoda:Steps towards Transparency-Service Cost Calculators & Owners Manual Now Onl

Let's hope the service cost is updated regularly on the website. Otherwise, after some days the dealers might come up with some "new price" on their invoices, and could claim the website is not updated and so, shows the "old price".

Overall this is a welcome move, and may become a case study if everything goes well.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 13:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sarthak for the info. It shows that Skoda is taking steps to rectify its image of being non service friendly. Now the skoda owners can compare of whats there on the website and what is actually being charged during the scheduled services. But it still has a long way to go. Service cost is one thing, actual service is different. There are horror stories on the forum about the original parts being replaced with fake ones during the regular servicing.

While other car manufactuers are expanding their dealer and service network, Skoda is still stuck with the same service network for quite a long time. No news of any new dealer/service workshop being operational. Hope they do something on this front too.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:04   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Aren't we going a little too much ga-ga over the calculator. I saw it about a month ago on their website, that is a welcome move, no doubt. But what about the old customers who were ill-treated by the auto-maker? Will this calculator suffice to cover up all the past blunders by Skoda in India?

Last edited by saket77 : 8th August 2013 at 13:09.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 13:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Aren't we going a little too much ga-ga over the calculator. I saw it about a month ago on their website, that is a welcome move, no doubt. But what about the old customers who were ill-treated by the auto-maker? Will this calculator suffice to cover up all the past blunders by Skoda in India?
The past incidents still don't take away the fact that the company is trying to become more transparent, and in turn consumer friendly. Also it's probably the first instance where a car manufacturer is putting up the running charges online for everyone to see.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 13:32   #10
BHPian

That is a very good step.We must appreciate Skoda for waking up from their slumber. Hope they keep an eye over their dealers and do something about customer service. Wish Skoda had some kind of mystery customer to evaluate the service offered by their dealers.(For the service part)
Old 8th August 2013, 13:49   #11
BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing this information.

It will definitely clear a lot of air over prices of spares and parts.

I remember being told that a Clutch kit for a Fabia costs 65k.

Good job Skoda India!

Cheers,
Aayush.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:50   #12
BHPian

This is really a welcome move by Skoda. But I could not find my car's variant in the list. Probably this has only the latest variants. Mine is 2009 Model Fabia (Ambiente 1.4TDi). It would be really great if the previous gen models are also added to the list.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:56   #13
BHPian

This is a step in the right direction. Not only will potential buyers (not just TBhpians) get to see upfront the upkeep costs but also deter service centers from bumping up the bills with random charges.

The next step could be a web based system where a customer can verify if the parts changed are genuine Skoda parts.

Long way but hopefully the clean up act has begun.
Old 8th August 2013, 14:12   #14
BHPian

It's been there for quite some time now. The service cost calculator is a very welcome move. The manual is just the same thing with a funny translation that's handed to you on purchase. It's actually for the European model, with essays on ESP.

What I really wish is they also provide a search tool for spare parts and prices. I know a part (rear brake light cover), and number, that costs 250/- (thanks to a fellow Bhpian). But the service guy has been persisting that it costs 3000/-, comes as a complete assembly, and perennially unavailable. If I am allowed to place an order, I can fit it myself.

They also have a smartphone app that gives some useful info - nearest service partner, owners manual, etc. anyone tried that?!

Last edited by 2cents : 8th August 2013 at 14:17.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 17:54   #15
BHPian

I guess all manufactures should provide at least the M RP of spares & associated labor charges. It will actually instill lot of confidence in the end users who at times shy away from European/American brand due to perception of high maintenance. It will also save actual owners users from being fleeced by ASCs. But i guess quite a few ASC might not bee too happy with this liberation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks