Team-BHP - 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/140337-2014-toyota-innova-facelift-now-launched-7.html)

Facelift Innova spotted at an Indian dealership;

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-toyotainnovafaceliftspottedindealership.jpg

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-toyotainnovafaceliftspottedindealershiprear300x225.jpg

No camouflage ? Seems ready for Launch.

Source

Is it the picture angle or less use of chrome compared to the Indonesian model that is making this facelift look a lot less hideous from the pictures of the Indonesian launch of the same? Any further increase in the prices?

Can anyone share the interior pics please. Not much is expected though yet there are expectations with every facelift.

Any idea on when the sales will commence and what kind of price change is expected with this new facelift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3245265)

Attachment 1142252

Attachment 1142253

Source

OMG ! looks so gawdy. Nevertheless , Toyota, bring em on , We Indians will spend our 1.2m bucks at whateveryou throw at us.

This is obviously a cosmetic re-do, I can only hope that they bring in a automatic too

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhu33 (Post 3245681)
OMG ! looks so gawdy. Nevertheless , Toyota, bring em on , We Indians will spend our 1.2m bucks at whateveryou throw at us.

Correct that to 1.4M+ for G variant and 1.6M+ for V variant ( on road price in Mumbai all included)

@ 1.2, it would be back in form.

The expected (ex-showroom Delhi) prices of Innova facelift are as under:

Innova Diesel Price –
* Innova G (7s) – Rs. 10,89,364/-
* Innova G (8s) – Rs. 10,93,981/-
* Innova GX (7s) – Rs. 12,45,604/-
* Innova GX (8s) – Rs. 12,50,366/-
* Innova VX (7s) – Rs. 14,53,136/-
* Innova VX (8s) – Rs. 14,57,780/-
* Innova Z (7s) – Rs. 15,06,718/-

Innova Petrol Price –
* Innova G (8s) – Rs. 10,20,345/-
* Innova GX (8s) – Rs. 11,58,740/-
* Innova VX (7s) – Rs. 13,69,530/-

Source Motorbeam:

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/toyota...celift-prices/

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3245265)

:Frustrati A true example of killing the best selling MUV. Seems like the designer was "hungedover" and showcased the designing skills in the morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhu33 (Post 3245681)

lol:

Sadly this is quite true, Innova will continue to sell decent numbers even with this design catastrophe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_hardcore (Post 3246664)
:Frustrati A true example of killing the best selling MUV. Seems like the designer was "hungedover" and showcased the designing skills in the morning.

agree:

Lets just hope Toyota will gain back some respect for design with the new corolla launch & fingers cross so that they dont mess up the new Fortuner.

I am sure Toyota gave a 'chance' to a new kid to show his/her 'creativity'.

I cannot hide my horror at the contempt with which Toyota is treating its customers.

They could have done something to reduce its 'bulk' and slab like looks on the side and could have added some features on the front to make it more butch and the back lights make it look more 'vertical'. The horizontal chrome strip does not add much to its looks but takes away the clean but vertical look and creates a confused back.

But then, Toyota must be thinking people will get used to it! I'd rather buy an Aria if the reliability and niggles are (expected from Tata) taken care of and the price is made more attractive.

Toyota must see the DC examples and why people are willing to spend 5-10 lakhs to make the looks and interior better.

Mridul Sharma shares the following information. Thank you!

Quote:

I have just received information that the New Innova facelift is due for a launch on 9th Oct 2013 in India.

Dealer meet in this regard was organized yesterday at Hotel Leela Kempinski in New Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3248512)
Mridul Sharma shares the following information. Thank you!

If I had the money, I would have bought the existing Innova before it went out of circulation!

As mentioned in the forum earlier, Toyota seems to be hell-bent on ensuring resale values of pre-owned vehicles!

LATEST UPDATE

NEW DESIGN IS ONLY FOR G Dual AC & V & New Variant Z

G Single AC & E will continue with old design

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 (Post 3210061)
Rear resembles Fortunner and front resembles Camry. Overall nothing great for already a good looking car.

IMO, no update was required for Innova I guess as it was done recently with the front grills and HLs changed. What is required is a slightly better power output.

The drive would be towards having more common parts across product lines to cut manufacturing and inventory costs.

Most of the manufacturers are doing this

The current Innova looks good IMO. Smarter from the front.
What the Innova needs desperately is a better engine, I know it is very reliable, but, come on, gone are the days of crude and noisy diesel engines. If not for the space, I would definitely feel better at 100-110 kmph in an Eon (quiter and smoother) rather than the noisy Innova.
A slight downsize (approx 2.0 litre) and mild turbo application won't hurt us Toyota. And not to forget a 6-speed transmission with a shorter and slicker throwing gear shifter. And that too with a "drive by wire" system, for me its hard to imagine a 15 lakh rupee vehicle without it, as my decade old Matiz has it.
"Technically" speaking, the Innova is insanely overpriced.