Team-BHP - Car import racket unearthed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Car import racket unearthed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14048-car-import-racket-unearthed.html)

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...2537200667.asp

Pls read above article on how some guys fooled the revenue dept to get imported cars in india

The article says,
"They purchased used foreign cars and then cut them to three or four pieces depending on the size of the car."

That is too much, what is meant might be that they dismantled the car and shipped seperately.

these are known as half cuts should be legal though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fast4u
these are known as half cuts should be legal though.

Half Cuts are legal however only as spares and cannot be rebuilt to a complete car anywhere worldwide. Hence running a reassembled halfcut with forged papers is against the law.

was in chennai recently and came across this dude. someone knew him and his work and believe me ive seen some jobs of his and i bet anyone to tell me the've been chopped and re assenbled. the car loked in pristine condition..how the chassis would hold at high sppeds is another matter. some guys are ingenious i tell you!!

Nifty!

Interesting article! I think we Indians can come up with some really brilliant ideas to workaround the system LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPilot
Nifty!

Interesting article! I think we Indians can come up with some really brilliant ideas to workaround the system LOL

.....we're like the pigeon who sees a cat and closes its eyes pretending the cat not to be there. eventually the law will get to you....

Actually I'm quite astonished at their feats! :D
In fact the govt. should be punished for making such high duty on imported cars!
People should have the right of buying cars at cheaper cost!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
.....we're like the pigeon who sees a cat and closes its eyes pretending the cat not to be there. eventually the law will get to you....

agree:, but unfortunately its become a habbit of the pigeons to close eyes pretending there are no cats around! I guess part of the problem is there are too many pigeons... ok now this is getting silly, i duno if what i just said makes any sence anymore lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak
In fact the govt. should be punished for making such high duty on imported cars!

Very true..
We have high taxes for our own desi car industries and then to cut costs the manufacturers produce substandard vehicles. then the government supports them not to have any competition by puting unrealistic duties on imports.
Chetan

in short....our govt. sucks!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
was in chennai recently and came across this dude. someone knew him and his work and believe me ive seen some jobs of his and i bet anyone to tell me the've been chopped and re assenbled. the car loked in pristine condition..how the chassis would hold at high sppeds is another matter. some guys are ingenious i tell you!!

Cut and shut jobs do not hold up well in car crashes. They look the aprt to you and me but put the car up on a ramp and weld joints etc are usually visible. Also I know that sometimes such cars have been found to be slightly shorter etc than a pucca car.

Best to avoid these death traps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak

Hmm ....may be if you are a car freak but if you take into consideration our automotive industry its the reason they are surviving .

Let me tell you guys that I know for a fact that there are a few Lancer MIVECS, atleast one EVO4 and a few Honda Citys that are cut & paste ....er, weld I mean, from Chennai. Buy at your own risk!