Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 20:43   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October

Bookings for the Terrano SUV that were officially scheduled to open on 1 September 2013 have already begun at most Nissan dealerships across the country. Booking amount as quoted by the dealers is Rs 50,000.

http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...fficially/4606
Old 26th August 2013, 22:11   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Nissan Terrano in White

Source: Nissan FB Page
The white does look good with the absence of silver on the ORVM and roof rails. I hate the grey on the Terrano that has been carried over form the Sunny. See the last Terranos in the line; don't they resemble the Sunny from a distance?

At least they could have introduced some innovative colors like the Scorpio green or the Yeti red. Is it known which all colors the Terrano will come with?
Old 26th August 2013, 22:22   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Is it known which all colors the Terrano will come with?
Yes, colors in Bronze Grey, Pearl white, Sapphire Black, blade silver, fire red and sterling grey were specified at the unveiling.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 00:52   #109
djs
BHPian

Nissan had definitely tried to improve upon the already good and neat looking exteriors of Duster. The new fog lamp and tail light design looks better. However, I'm not sure with few cosmetic changes to interiors, they would be able to a add touch of premium-ness to a 13-14L car. They badly need to redesign the dash, improve ergonomics and other bits and pieces to make it working. Of course, Nissan has to bring the price down by a good 1-1.5L to compete in post Ecosport era.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:22   #110
Senior - BHPian

Here is the first look review of the Terrano by ACI. Not many details and I would have loved to see the car in frame more than the anchor in such a short video.

OT: The dude in front of the camera was with Overdrive before right?
Old 27th August 2013, 09:17   #111
BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for the pricing of this vehicle post my cancellation of the ecoSport booking , I expect that the OTR in Bangalore would be around 12-13 lakhs ( for the mid variant) so that people who are looking at an ford ecoSport alternate can be poached.

My experience with Nissan in US has been pretty good and hope the same would be the case even here in India.
Old 27th August 2013, 09:46   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I expect that the OTR in Bangalore would be around 12-13 lakhs ( for the mid variant) so that people who are looking at an ford ecoSport alternate can be poached.
The only flip side to this is, what if the mid-variant is not well equipped with safety equipment? That has been the main crib for the Duster
Old 27th August 2013, 10:00   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The only flip side to this is, what if the mid-variant is not well equipped with safety equipment? That has been the main crib for the Duster
Agree, at this point it is pure speculation from my side. And no compromises on safety , one of the main reason why I was not so keen on the duster in the first place.
Old 27th August 2013, 10:20   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I am eagerly waiting for the pricing of this vehicle post my cancellation of the ecoSport booking , I expect that the OTR in Bangalore would be around 12-13 lakhs ( for the mid variant) so that people who are looking at an ford ecoSport alternate can be poached.

My experience with Nissan in US has been pretty good and hope the same would be the case even here in India.
It currently seems unlikely you might experience the same level of service from Nissan in India, that you may have enjoyed in the US. Primary reason being their dealers themselves being dissatisfied with the middle marketing and management group, Hover Automotive India. Cpupled with Nissan's no direct interest in interaction with the their dealers/customers.

Though it looks like Nissan 'may' be working towards fixing any issues due to this arrangement. From stats, it seems Nissan is more focused on exports than the domestic market.

Refer to this thread for more details. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-forward.html
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 10:31   #115
BHPian

another image from nissan FB page..is it some sort of media drive..?lot of vehicles .autocar has done a drive.was team bhp present in that drive?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-terrano.jpg  

Old 27th August 2013, 11:01   #116
Senior - BHPian

What if they had mounted the spare wheel on the trunk lid? Wouldn't it have added a massive presence to the vehicle?
Old 27th August 2013, 13:00   #117
Senior - BHPian

Those pictures seem to be coming off from a media drive, so hoping a TBHP official preview/review will come up soon. However, I'd rather prefer a full blown review to the pre-launch previews manufacturers seem to be dishing out these days (like Hyundai i10 Grand)..

I guess a lot of people who're on the fence between EcoSport & Duster, contemplating Duster but put off by its price/interiors, who've cancelled EcoSport and waiting to decide on their next car, will all be eagerly waiting for TBHP official review/pre-view.

Last edited by k_ajay : 27th August 2013 at 13:04.
Old 27th August 2013, 13:02   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
What if they had mounted the spare wheel on the trunk lid? Wouldn't it have added a massive presence to the vehicle?
agreed. It would have taken it to next level.
Old 27th August 2013, 15:38   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I guess a lot of people who're on the fence between EcoSport & Duster, contemplating Duster but put off by its price/interiors, who've cancelled EcoSport and waiting to decide on their next car, will all be eagerly waiting for TBHP official review/pre-view.
I was put off by the looks of the Duster and almost booked the XUV500 but there seems to be no ends to the issues in that vehicle, so I would be waiting to see how Terrano turns out in live view.
Old 27th August 2013, 17:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I was put off by the looks of the Duster and almost booked the XUV500 but there seems to be no ends to the issues in that vehicle, so I would be waiting to see how Terrano turns out in live view.
So the XUV5OO issues aren't completely addressed (yet)? I have a colleague in my office who bought a top end XUV5OO 3 months prior and he's been claiming that he's not faced any issues. Whereas another friend's BIL got one which has multiple issues (in hyderabad).

It may sound extreme for existing owners or Mahindra admirers, but it may be wise to continue keeping off this vehicle. Imagine this BHPian's poor plight with his choice inspite of acknowledging the issues - Part replacement fraud mahindra dahisar workshop.

Edit: just noticed you've already viewed the thread and also commented in it.

From the online pictures, it looks like the exteriors of the Terrano may impress you. But sadly the interiors are still the same as Duster (except for some air vent change, head unit, etc.) and that's a sore point (for me).

Last edited by k_ajay : 27th August 2013 at 18:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks